Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aidan

Summer Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

We have 3 wingers right now in Bernard, Richarlison, and Walcott. Definitely need another option for the left. 

Bolasie or Mirallas are good enough to be fourth choice. Sigurdssen and Kean can play their too, DCL filled in for us there as well. With Bernard not being on it might be worth trying Sigurdssen with Digne, would get him on the ball more. Try DCL and Kean up top together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

We have 3 wingers right now in Bernard, Richarlison, and Walcott. Definitely need another option for the left. 

Bernard isn’t a winger really but I know what you mean. We need players who can fill the wider positions and Kean can do that in my opinion, if he has to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Bernard isn’t a winger really but I know what you mean. We need players who can fill the wider positions and Kean can do that in my opinion, if he has to. 

Also, we have to keep in mind that Silva wants the front 3-4 to be interchangeable, so there’s no real set role it seems. 

Id love to see a formation like;

                   DCL    Kean 

Bernard.                        Richarlison.            

              Gbamin.   Gomes

digne   CB.            Keane.      Coleman

 

sorry, that’s really scruffy on a iPhone! If someone gets injured, switch to our current 4231 layout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

We have 3 wingers right now in Bernard, Richarlison, and Walcott. Definitely need another option for the left. 

I agree. One of our subs is always for a wide man and therefore if we get one injury we are short.

14 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Bolasie or Mirallas are good enough to be fourth choice. Sigurdssen and Kean can play their too, DCL filled in for us there as well. With Bernard not being on it might be worth trying Sigurdssen with Digne, would get him on the ball more. Try DCL and Kean up top together. 

😂 Bolasie or Mirallas?! Neither were good enough for the crap leagues they played in last season, let alone back in the PL.

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Also, we have to keep in mind that Silva wants the front 3-4 to be interchangeable, so there’s no real set role it seems. 

Id love to see a formation like;

                   DCL    Kean 

Bernard.                        Richarlison.            

              Gbamin.   Gomes

digne   CB.            Keane.      Coleman

 

sorry, that’s really scruffy on a iPhone! If someone gets injured, switch to our current 4231 layout

I don't see us playing 442 any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree. One of our subs is always for a wide man and therefore if we get one injury we are short.

😂 Bolasie or Mirallas?! Neither were good enough for the crap leagues they played in last season, let alone back in the PL.

I don't see us playing 442 any time soon.

It’s meant to be more of a 424 to be honest but it’s hard to map out on a phone :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Bolasie or Mirallas are good enough to be fourth choice. Sigurdssen and Kean can play their too, DCL filled in for us there as well. With Bernard not being on it might be worth trying Sigurdssen with Digne, would get him on the ball more. Try DCL and Kean up top together. 

Pete what are you on about? Bolasie and Mirallas are not worth a space on the bench. You say you want players playing in the proper positions and have complained about Marco doing the opposite then you throw in gilfi as a suitable back up and kean? If we want to be a serious club we need to get rid of all the crap and get players to improve our squad. I don’t want to be sat at a game which is tight hoping mirrallas is coming on to win us the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Niasse can’t have long left on his contract. Mirrallas has looked pretty sharp in pre season. Probably because he wants a move. 

He looked sharp at RB but anonymous when he has played wide.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Truth is due to the contracts last year we might be stuck with niasse and mirallas.  Might as well try and get them to be useful on the bench.

I'd rather they weren't taking spots from players who do have a future at the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Bolasie or Mirallas?! Neither were good enough for the crap leagues they played in last season, let alone back in the PL.

 

8 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Pete what are you on about? Bolasie and Mirallas are not worth a space on the bench. You say you want players playing in the proper positions and have complained about Marco doing the opposite then you throw in gilfi as a suitable back up and kean? If we want to be a serious club we need to get rid of all the crap and get players to improve our squad. I don’t want to be sat at a game which is tight hoping mirrallas is coming on to win us the game 

Lookman our 4th choice last season got 600 minutes. I'd rather have Bolasie or Mirallas come on as an impact sub than Lookman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

End of window team?

                  Pickford

Coleman Keane  Zouma  Digne

                   Gbamin

           Gomes       Doucoure

Richarlison    Kean       Bernard

Would be pretty sweet!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sig isn't a winger. Kean isn't a winger. DCL isn't a winger. Please repeat until that has sunk in, this is Koeman tactics of trying to put square pegs in round holes. For us to progress we have to sign a winger who goes straight into the team, they would replace Bernard for me, as good as he is, there is no room for sentiment when you want to compete. Zaha would go straight into the team for me.

However right now I would say a CB and RB are the main priority over a winger, at present moment do you all know who is our senior back up right back? Cuco fucking Martina.

 

As for Bolasie and Mirallas, I wouldn't even play them in the U23's. Shitehawks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, aaron said:

Sig isn't a winger. Kean isn't a winger. DCL isn't a winger. Please repeat until that has sunk in, this is Koeman tactics of trying to put square pegs in round holes. For us to progress we have to sign a winger who goes straight into the team, they would replace Bernard for me, as good as he is, there is no room for sentiment when you want to compete. Zaha would go straight into the team for me.

However right now I would say a CB and RB are the main priority over a winger, at present moment do you all know who is our senior back up right back? Cuco fucking Martina.

 

As for Bolasie and Mirallas, I wouldn't even play them in the U23's. Shitehawks.

Why would you want to break up the Digne/Bernard partnership which flourished last season? What does Zaha have that makes him a better replacement?!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So most of you would have an 18 year old in his first season up front in your preferred starting 11? Some of you with DCL next to him?  My guess is that Kean won't be  the answer we are looking for this season. Would be unfair to place that much faith in him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why would you want to break up the Digne/Bernard partnership which flourished last season? What does Zaha have that makes him a better replacement?!

 

10 goals and 5 assists mate, countless vital passes that have led to chances. I love Bernard, I do, but in this game these days there is no room for sentiment. What's to say Zaha and Digne don't do a better job? Going by that question if the best left winger in the history of football was available for us to sign would you not want to do it? We want to compete and upgrading is how we do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Makis said:

Kean has played on the left wing on several occasions.

Ledly King played upfront on many occasions, did that make him a striker? You play your players in their best positions and not shoehorn them in, Koeman did that and look what happened there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Peter H said:

So most of you would have an 18 year old in his first season up front in your preferred starting 11? Some of you with DCL next to him?  My guess is that Kean won't be  the answer we are looking for this season. Would be unfair to place that much faith in him. 

He’s 19 tbf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, aaron said:

Ledly King played upfront on many occasions, did that make him a striker? You play your players in their best positions and not shoehorn them in, Koeman did that and look what happened there.

There’s shoehorning and then there’s adapting to an injury crisis though. 

24 minutes ago, aaron said:

10 goals and 5 assists mate, countless vital passes that have led to chances. I love Bernard, I do, but in this game these days there is no room for sentiment. What's to say Zaha and Digne don't do a better job? Going by that question if the best left winger in the history of football was available for us to sign would you not want to do it? We want to compete and upgrading is how we do this.

I’ve mentioned before that his stats look impressive because he’s the big fish in a small pond. I’ve not watched him every week but whenever I’ve seen him play he looks bang average, bar maybe a trick / moment of magic in a game, but is too theatrical and lightweight considering his build (as has also been mentioned somewhere, we already have enough of that with Richarlison). 

He might work well with Digne, but we know for sure Bernard and Digne work well, so why risk an expensive gamble? I’d also bet that Bernard’s workrate and tracking is way better than Zaha. Bernard’s play is all about the link up, ala Pienaar, who’s stats were never really great but who was essential to our attack. 

If the best left winger (which Zaha will never be) ever came in, you’d try and incorporate him of course. But since Zaha isn’t that, the scenario is moot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aaron said:

Sig isn't a winger. Kean isn't a winger. DCL isn't a winger. Please repeat until that has sunk in, this is Koeman tactics of trying to put square pegs in round holes. For us to progress we have to sign a winger who goes straight into the team, they would replace Bernard for me, as good as he is, there is no room for sentiment when you want to compete. Zaha would go straight into the team for me.

However right now I would say a CB and RB are the main priority over a winger, at present moment do you all know who is our senior back up right back? Cuco fucking Martina.

 

As for Bolasie and Mirallas, I wouldn't even play them in the U23's. Shitehawks.

I'd hope Holgate is the back up RB. Agree with everything else you have said though.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Why would you want to break up the Digne/Bernard partnership which flourished last season? What does Zaha have that makes him a better replacement?!

 

Zaha is more productive. This big fish small pond stuff is rubbish. If he can produce those numbers for Palace he can do it for us. He doesn't get any special treatment at Palace.

I think if Zaha came he would be our best wide man albeit it would be close with Richarlison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'd hope Holgate is the back up RB. Agree with everything else you have said though.

Zaha is more productive. This big fish small pond stuff is rubbish. If he can produce those numbers for Palace he can do it for us. He doesn't get any special treatment at Palace.

I think if Zaha came he would be our best wide man albeit it would be close with Richarlison.

I pray that's the case if we don't sign a RB this window. I don't think I could cope with another match of Martina!

 

In regards to Zaha, that is exactly what I think, Bernard brings a good link up play but he contributed 1 goal. if you want to do all competitions then its 2 goals all season, this is a poor return, Walcott scored more. This needs to improve this season and I hope it does for him, but Zaha would be an upgrade in terms of attacking football. No doubts about it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'd hope Holgate is the back up RB. Agree with everything else you have said though.

Zaha is more productive. This big fish small pond stuff is rubbish. If he can produce those numbers for Palace he can do it for us. He doesn't get any special treatment at Palace.

I think if Zaha came he would be our best wide man albeit it would be close with Richarlison.

It’s a bit like Hafs point about Lukaku; everything goes through him so of course he looks better than he is for the team. Andy Johnson got buckets of goals at Palace, and a fair few in his first season with us, but as soon as he wasn’t the focal point, his productivity (stats wise at least) dropped dramatically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Zaha(or some other winger) come in and have Bernard challenging Siggy for the spot behind the striker some. We don't have good cover for Siggy.

I appreciate the relationship between Bernard and Digne, but I don't think that would suffer too much as long as we brought in another tricky and clever winger. Remains to be seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pete0 said:

 

Lookman our 4th choice last season got 600 minutes. I'd rather have Bolasie or Mirallas come on as an impact sub than Lookman. 

Was this a joke? If so, not funny.  Silva throwing Kevin at RB says everything you need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Matt said:

It’s a bit like Hafs point about Lukaku; everything goes through him so of course he looks better than he is for the team. Andy Johnson got buckets of goals at Palace, and a fair few in his first season with us, but as soon as he wasn’t the focal point, his productivity (stats wise at least) dropped dramatically. 

I don't agree. If everything went through him you would just mark him out of the game and if that's the case then his stats are even more impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bailey said:

I don't agree. If everything went through him you would just mark him out of the game and if that's the case then his stats are even more impressive.

I don’t agree with your disagreement :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I'd like to see Zaha(or some other winger) come in and have Bernard challenging Siggy for the spot behind the striker some. We don't have good cover for Siggy.

I appreciate the relationship between Bernard and Digne, but I don't think that would suffer too much as long as we brought in another tricky and clever winger. Remains to be seen.

Maybe the lack of cover for Siggy is intentional so he can phase out the number 10 and play a midfield 3.

Signing Gbamin and Delph, and submitting an offer for Doucoure must mean we are looking to play a 3 in midfield eventually? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading sky sports and they’re saying palace still want mccarthy. They’ve had one bid rejected but they are trying to put a structure in place for the fee!! They want £65 mill upfront off us but they want to structure £8 mill? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Just reading sky sports and they’re saying palace still want mccarthy. They’ve had one bid rejected but they are trying to put a structure in place for the fee!! They want £65 mill upfront off us but they want to structure £8 mill? 

It will be they want more of the £65m upfront, not all of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Maybe the lack of cover for Siggy is intentional so he can phase out the number 10 and play a midfield 3.

Signing Gbamin and Delph, and submitting an offer for Doucoure must mean we are looking to play a 3 in midfield eventually? 

That's a good point. We'll still need some creativity that tends to sit further up than Gomes in a midfield three, but I understand the rationale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after our window closes, pretty much the whole of Europe has a further three weeks business. It could look like we are stockpiling players for certain positions at the minute. But marcel the magician could make half the squad disappear in three weeks time. Have faith 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IN: Lossl, Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Kean
OUT: Vlasic, Galloway, Robinson, Sambou, Lookman, Gana, J Williams 
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Kenny, Sandro, Adedoyin, Dowell, JVirginia, Garbutt, Tarashaj, Bowler, Broadhead
YOUTH: Sebastian Kristensen
YOUTH pro deals: Ryan Astley, Kyle John, Anthony Gordon, Ellis Simms, Joe Anderson, Einar Iversen, Nicolas Hansen, Kieran Phillips, Korede Adedoyin, Mackenzie Hunt
CONTRACT EXT: Davies, Foulds, Ouzounidis, Baines, Mampala, Bowler, Broadhead

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Jags(SheffieldUtd), A Williams, Lavery(Linfield), Hewelt(Meidz Legnica), JHilton(Blackburn), Charsley, Mathis(Rodez), Kiersey(Walsall), Bramall, Renshaw

Spent: 82.5m

Received: 67.5m

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

IN: Lossl, Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Kean
OUT: Vlasic, Galloway, Robinson, Sambou, Lookman, Gana, J Williams 
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Kenny, Sandro, Adedoyin, Dowell, JVirginia, Garbutt, Tarashaj, Bowler, Broadhead
YOUTH: Sebastian Kristensen
YOUTH pro deals: Ryan Astley, Kyle John, Anthony Gordon, Ellis Simms, Joe Anderson, Einar Iversen, Nicolas Hansen, Kieran Phillips, Korede Adedoyin, Mackenzie Hunt
CONTRACT EXT: Davies, Foulds, Ouzounidis, Baines, Mampala, Bowler, Broadhead

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Jags(SheffieldUtd), A Williams, Lavery(Linfield), Hewelt(Meidz Legnica), JHilton(Blackburn), Charsley, Mathis(Rodez), Kiersey(Walsall), Bramall, Renshaw

Spent: 82.5m

Received: 67.5m

 

Jesus that’s good business add Henry, McCarthy who have hardly played. That probably a plus of £5 mill or so. Get the right back in on loan. That’s a centre back a winger and maybe just maybe another midfielder. Could be a net spend of £100 mill maybe £130 with sales of Tosun, besic, Bolasie etc. It could be less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

So quiet on many names: Cuco Bolasie Connolly Pennington Besic Mirallas Schneiderlin

Some rumors: Niasse Cenk 

I'm kind of torn on Schneiderlin. He gave us some pretty good minutes especially late in the season and what I have seen n the preseason. He looks like he can still have value to us beyond a transfer fee. I never would have said that in the January window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

So quiet on many names: Cuco Bolasie Connolly Pennington Besic Mirallas Schneiderlin

Some rumors: Niasse Cenk 

lots of deadwood still to shift.  also note martina mirallas niasse stek are out of contract next summer, so we just need to loan them (not likely we can get a sale for much of anything) to get the wages gone before they are released.

10 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

I'm kind of torn on Schneiderlin. He gave us some pretty good minutes especially late in the season and what I have seen n the preseason. He looks like he can still have value to us beyond a transfer fee. I never would have said that in the January window.

im with you, he was valuable and showed he can fight, if he wants first team time let him go if he's willing to be a backup let's keep him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ghoat said:

I'm kind of torn on Schneiderlin. He gave us some pretty good minutes especially late in the season and what I have seen n the preseason. He looks like he can still have value to us beyond a transfer fee. I never would have said that in the January window.

Yeh bit late to replace and he’s more reliable than McCarthy or besic. Good second half to the season, so no issues with him in the back up Cm spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iwobi Smalling.... what the fucks going on 

We're going to end up having our pants pulled down now by clubs thinking/knowing we're panicking after missing out and making massive bids for other players 

Hope it's all a smokescreen to make Steve Parish put his massive bag of cocaine down and see sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Officially "What the fuck"

That is all.

I can only imagine the spike and readership and clicks as the transfer window closes and fans get all jittery, and "reporters" feed the supporter's angst. Papers (click ads) don't sell themselves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man U won’t let smalling go. They just paid 80m for Maguire and Smalling has stats that are pretty much exactly the same. They will partner each other next season.

Iwobi is a good player, not as good as Zaha but less than half the price too. 30m is a good price for him. 

Much rather have Zaha though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

So quiet on many names: Cuco Bolasie Connolly Pennington Besic Mirallas Schneiderlin

Some rumors: Niasse Cenk 

Completely lost track the other windows end later. Benefits us (uk) teams big time as we can fill squads and then become sellers. Plenty of time to offload most of the names above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Completely lost track the other windows end later. Benefits us (uk) teams big time as we can fill squads and then become sellers. Plenty of time to offload most of the names above. 

True but eliminates leverage. Many will go for less to European clubs who can’t pay as much because there’s no premier league interest to compete against.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

True but eliminates leverage. Many will go for less to European clubs who can’t pay as much because there’s no premier league interest to compete against.

mirallas stek niasse contract end in a year, we just need their wages off the books for 12 months and then the nightmare is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

True but eliminates leverage. Many will go for less to European clubs who can’t pay as much because there’s no premier league interest to compete against.

Agreed to an extent. Ultimately the seller holds the power so if we don’t get the price we want the player stays. The foreign markets (almost) always pay less than domestic anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...