IGNORED

Fikayo Tomori

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This would be such an odd move for us to make. Why sign a youngster on loan when they would barely play for us?

Given Mina’s injury track record there is every chance he would get plenty of minutes for us, especially if Silva wants to use 3 CB’s in a 3-5-2 or 5-4-1 formation

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Shukes said:

Carlo isn’t going to bid for Zouma. He is looking for either young players with potential, or experienced players that can improve our team.

This move makes sense, bring him here, show him some love and test him out.

We’ve got young centre backs with potential. 

As good as this guy might be, I don’t really see the point in him coming here for a year and taking minutes away from our young centre backs only to go back to chelsea a better player.

If we sign any centre back, they need to be a first teamer and ours.

I have not seen anything that earmarks him as something special. He is young and time on his side but he needs to learn his trade yet. Chelsea have CB problems of their own and he didn't really play in the second half of the season. I thought it might be injury but nothing it reported.

12 hours ago, Btay said:

We’ve got young centre backs with potential. 

As good as this guy might be, I don’t really see the point in him coming here for a year and taking minutes away from our young centre backs only to go back to chelsea a better player.

If we sign any centre back, they need to be a first teamer and ours.

Good point also.

15 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Think he's further along than Pennington or Branthwaite.  See those two going on loan and so one more coming in to cover for a year makes sense (having shit the bed on Gabriel when covid happened)

See you switched my mind again haha. Sending those two out on loan to gain valuable experience could be good, if this lad is further along and can make an impact on our first team.

24 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Think he's further along than Pennington or Branthwaite.  See those two going on loan and so one more coming in to cover for a year makes sense (having shit the bed on Gabriel when covid happened)

Do you mean Gibson? Because I don’t think Pennington is anyone’s thoughts at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Bailey said:

Maybe it is cover so that our own young lads can play every week on loan like we did with Sidibe and Kenny? 

Why not let someone else's kid rot on our bench whilst ours are playing regularly elsewhere. 

But he's going out on loan to play. I'd be surprised if he gets much game time here, so I don't know what Chelsea or Tomori are thinking.

It's make sense for us, but not them IMO.