Watford (Home) Saturday August 17th

markjazzbassist

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

Pickford 

Coleman Keane Mina Digne 

Gbamin 

Richarlison Davies Gomes Iwobi 

DCL

If we're looking at blooding Gbamin in I'd pack the midfield to help give him more options and minimise the risk of him getting caught out. If he looks comfortable then bring Kean on second half to switch it up a gear. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing that starting line up especially Iwobi and Kean I can’t wait to see what impact they have on the team.

I really hope Kean gets at least 30 minutes today so we can properly evaluate his readiness for this league. 

18 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Not going to lie, I feel a sense of rivalry with them too after the last couple of years. They've moved up in my "book" of teams I don't like.

I wouldn't call it a rivalry as such as for that to happen both teams need to give a shit, I think Watford are far more obsessed with us than we are of them. Even when they were building up to the FA Cup Final last summer when we weren't even involved they had to start crying to the BBC presenters about how we cheated our way past them in '84. Add into the mix that they bizarrely stole Z-Cars to walk out to, despite playing in yellow and the embarrassing inflatable balloons that they brought all the way from London I think it's clear to see the mentality of the fanbase. 

I think it's a bit of bitterness to be honest, one whisper of interest about their manager and he was off and took Richarlison with him. Their local derby is Luton Town, so understandably need to fill the gap with someone to hate while the two teams are seperated. 

Edit: Just got to the ground, flag on every seat which is going to look class for when the teams come out. Not sure why but the Upper Bullens is the only section without them.

6 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

bizarrely stole Z-Cars to walk out to, despite playing in yellow an

Is z cars colour related? All I know is it was a TV show and a few of the cast attended a game. 

As for the rivalry I guess it would be similar to us with Lescott but a bit less intense.