IGNORED

January Transfer Window

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

Everton Director of Football Marcel Brands is currently speaking at the club’s Annual General Meeting and he has just confirmed that the Toffees are "working on" deals for Oumar Niasse and Cuco Martina to leave in this transfer window.

feom SSN

wow that would be amazing.  getting the deadwood cleared is paramount to our future. 

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

Baines will get another 1 year contract I think. It’ll give him a wage and allow him to concentrate on his music stuff 

potentially, i could see him being released too though, we have a massive wage/squad issue and although he's not a trouble maker it could simply be the bean counters deem it so.

28 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

also having a laugh over here, all the people saying CB was first priority and i said RW was people thought i was crazy.  Marcel has come out saying RW is thin and priority.  it feels good.

CB still is important in my opinion. Think most have concentrated on the defensive spine (CB, CM) because we were losing. RW and Striker have been mentioned a lot though too. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

CB still is important in my opinion. Think most have concentrated on the defensive spine (CB, CM) because we were losing. RW and Striker have been mentioned a lot though too. 

i have said our CB look weak because we have no midfield.  gbamin and gomes in there and i don't think anyone would think we need a CB anymore.  that's the issue.  RW also because the attacks are limp over there.  that would alleviate pressure ont he CM and CB.  wholistic approach

32 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i have said our CB look weak because we have no midfield.  gbamin and gomes in there and i don't think anyone would think we need a CB anymore.  that's the issue.  RW also because the attacks are limp over there.  that would alleviate pressure ont he CM and CB.  wholistic approach

Well, I doubt we’ll see much of either JPG or Gomes this season, and we’re only 1 CB injury short of no real backup. If we want finish further up, we definitely need a CB and I agree an actual RW would also be helpful, although we do have 2-3 options there. DCM probably 3rd priority considering we’ve hopefully got 2 coming back towards end of season and 4 currently fit for CM (though form isn’t exactly inspiring from 2 of them)

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

also having a laugh over here, all the people saying CB was first priority and i said RW was people thought i was crazy.  Marcel has come out saying RW is thin and priority.  it feels good.

Fair play.  You did call it.  Personally I would still get in a cover CB first.  We only have 3.  One injury would see us in a bad position.  Does not seem that the club see Gibson as the fourth spot but maybe things have changed? (if so, I would probably change my mind too).  If Walcott got hurt, there are a few people that could be makeshift cover.

19 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Fair play.  You did call it.  Personally I would still get in a cover CB first.  We only have 3.  One injury would see us in a bad position.  Does not seem that the club see Gibson as the fourth spot but maybe things have changed? (if so, I would probably change my mind too).  If Walcott got hurt, there are a few people that could be makeshift cover.

i'd love an update on the youngsters.  any CB prospects if so which?  thoughts on gordon from marcel and carlo, how is ellis simms doing now?  etc. 

16 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'd love an update on the youngsters.  any CB prospects if so which?  thoughts on gordon from marcel and carlo, how is ellis simms doing now?  etc. 

Simms seems to score for fun. Gibson is the young CB that’s been impressing isn’t he?