IGNORED

January Transfer Window

25 minutes ago, nogs said:

What about another question - do we want European football next season? Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love us playing in Europe, I don't for one minute downplay the Europa like a lot do, I see that as a stepping stone to the CL. But are we ready? The only club I can remember that hasnt seen league form affected by a Europa campaign in recent years, excluding those that expected to qualify for CL, is Wolves this season. And my honest opinion is we are a year off matching them on squad depth and quality. Yeah I want European football - but I still see us as having an under strength squad. Would it be right for us next year? 

Wolves have no squad depth whatsoever. What they do have is a very good manager/ coaching team (and Mr Mendes pulling a lot of strings!)

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yes because I want us to finish as high as possible in the league. I think we all want that, don’t we? If that brings European football then we should embrace it because we’ll have earned it. 

We have the manager to attract top quality, we need to be in Europe to attract them as well. Out of both cups - absolutely no reason why we shouldn’t be pushing for as high as we can.

5 hours ago, nogs said:

What about another question - do we want European football next season? Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love us playing in Europe, I don't for one minute downplay the Europa like a lot do, I see that as a stepping stone to the CL. But are we ready? The only club I can remember that hasnt seen league form affected by a Europa campaign in recent years, excluding those that expected to qualify for CL, is Wolves this season. And my honest opinion is we are a year off matching them on squad depth and quality. Yeah I want European football - but I still see us as having an under strength squad. Would it be right for us next year? 

yes i want it.  more money from the league, more money from Europa to balance the books.  not to mention, we finally have a manager who knows how to handle European competitions, so i wouldn't be worried.

4 hours ago, c1982 said:

Wolves have no squad depth whatsoever. What they do have is a very good manager/ coaching team (and Mr Mendes pulling a lot of strings!)

exactly!

21 minutes ago, StevO said:

Currently two points off a European place with thirteen games to play. Yep, the chance of European football has gone. 

My point is we needed reinforcements in midfield. I made that point because I want us to be able to push for the Europa League. We didn't sign anybody and with Delph, Morgan, Davies and Sigurdsson set to play the majority of the games we have left in midfield I doubt very much we have enough quality to get into the top 5 or 6. If you think that we do then I admire your optimism.

On 01/02/2020 at 10:03, Matt said:

Our season was written of in September (yet again) by a lot of people. It’s a lack of longer term vision I think. 

Matt I remember more as people were concerned with our manager, well I was anyway. 
The manager gets sacked and our turn around has been miraculous with the same team and more key injuries, I think people’s concerns with Silva were justified, and for once the evidence can not be denied. 
And no Gana insight just good old know what you are doing management. 

14 minutes ago, Aidan said:

My point is we needed reinforcements in midfield. I made that point because I want us to be able to push for the Europa League. We didn't sign anybody and with Delph, Morgan, Davies and Sigurdsson set to play the majority of the games we have left in midfield I doubt very much we have enough quality to get into the top 5 or 6. If you think that we do then I admire your optimism.

We've been doing OK in the ten league games played  since we binned  Silva with what we've got in case you missed it, what makes you think that's suddenly going to stop?

Capture.JPG

We defo should want Europe. Even a modest success is worth easily over 10 million. Consider that people wishing a 60000 seater stadium, that 8k seats would bring 2-3 million extra per year so getting through the group stages in Europe would be worth several years income from that big stadium (assuming it's sold out every match).

Plus there's the prestige and extra pulling power both for players and new sponsorships.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We've been doing OK in the ten league games played  since we binned  Silva with what we've got in case you missed it, what makes you think that's suddenly going to stop?

Capture.JPG

This, we are a side in form. We’ve started picking up points away from home too. We’ve every chance of finishing sixth. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Matt I remember more as people were concerned with our manager, well I was anyway. 
The manager gets sacked and our turn around has been miraculous with the same team and more key injuries, I think people’s concerns with Silva were justified, and for once the evidence can not be denied. 
And no Gana insight just good old know what you are doing management. 

Concerns with the manager I understood, writing off a season was and still is nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Capture.JPG

Great stats so let’s try and have less of the we are not good enough, we are more than good enough to be in Europe. 
We've had the money we’ve had the players we just didn’t have the managers to go with the rest, now we have and it shows. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Concerns with the manager I understood, writing off a season was and still is nonsense. 

Who wrote the season off without laying it squarely at Silva’s door I can’t remember, and if people did that is nonsense, but it would also be nonsensical to say if Silva was still here we would be were we are now. 

Just now, Palfy said:

Who wrote the season off without laying it squarely at Silva’s door I can’t remember, and if people did that is nonsense, but it would also be nonsensical to say if Silva was still here we would be were we are now. 

Irrelevant, there was still plenty of time for change either with or without Silva, that’s why it was and is nonsense. 

Just now, Matt said:

Irrelevant, there was still plenty of time for change either with or without Silva, that’s why it was and is nonsense. 

It’s not irrelevant at all for things to change you have to make changes, we made the changes and it worked if we hadn’t Christ knows what position we would be in now. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It’s not irrelevant at all for things to change you have to make changes, we made the changes and it worked if we hadn’t Christ knows what position we would be in now. 

Which we made, so it is absolutely irrelevant, as is speculating about how things may have continued with Silva. We’ve already had this discussion, not going over it all again 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Capture.JPG

Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Liverpool all in a row will certainly slow things down.

We have had a spike in form because the players have sparked into action to play for the new manager(s). Once the dust has settled and Carlo has been here for a few months they'll go back to being not arsed again as they always do. To believe that this current squad is good enough to maintain this form and get into Europe this season is naive.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Liverpool probably, but the teams 7th, 9th & 14th in the form table? We thought December would slow us down but it didn't.

As the saying goes form is temporary, 2 of those teams have still done enough this season to be above us in the table so far. 

They're all still decent sides and id be surprised to see us continue our current form against them. 

I know I sound negative, I just can't bare to see the squad in the state it is at the minute and watch a window go buy with no investment. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Liverpool all in a row will certainly slow things down.

We have had a spike in form because the players have sparked into action to play for the new manager(s). Once the dust has settled and Carlo has been here for a few months they'll go back to being not arsed again as they always do. To believe that this current squad is good enough to maintain this form and get into Europe this season is naive.

Can you also share the lotto numbers for this Saturday? 
I don’t see why you would think the players will just give up, rather than thrive under the leadership of such a talented coach. I think with only two more games in the next four weeks Carlo would get the chance to have more positive influence on the players at Finch Farm. I’ve got faith in what Carlo can do. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

I know I sound negative, I just can't bare to see the squad in the state it is at the minute and watch a window go buy with no investment. 

What state is the squad in?

the kind of state that has only been beaten in the league by Man City since 4th December. I struggle to see too many issues, I’d like to see some fancy players coming in, but the players we have are doing a great job since Carlo came in. 

14 minutes ago, StevO said:

Can you also share the lotto numbers for this Saturday? 
I don’t see why you would think the players will just give up, rather than thrive under the leadership of such a talented coach. I think with only two more games in the next four weeks Carlo would get the chance to have more positive influence on the players at Finch Farm. I’ve got faith in what Carlo can do. 

I've got faith in Carlo, there isn't many better in world football. My issue is with the group of players we have. Many of them pick up a wage and don't care for much else, others are egotistical. There's a distinct lack of leadership and desire and most of all a lack of quality and belief. 

To answer your question about the players giving up, it's exsactly what most of the players have done under countless managers now. 

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I've got faith in Carlo, there isn't many better in world football. My issue is with the group of players we have. Many of them pick up a wage and don't care for much else, others are egotistical. There's a distinct lack of leadership and desire and most of all a lack of quality and belief. 

To answer your question about the players giving up, it's exsactly what most of the players have done under countless managers now. 

In direct response, you’ve just said yourself how you have faith in Carlo and there isn’t many better. So why would we get the same results with Carlo as we got with previous managers?

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

As the saying goes form is temporary, 2 of those teams have still done enough this season to be above us in the table so far. 

They're all still decent sides and id be surprised to see us continue our current form against them. 

Better off to buy no one than to buy the wrong one, how many times have we done that in the past. 

3 hours ago, nogs said:

Wolves have a very good squad. And keep adding to it thanks to Mendes's influence. 

The Wolves fans I know acknowledge they’ve got some top quality players but worry about the lack of depth in their squad. They’ve been incredibly lucky with injuries this season. They’ve done well to cope without Boly but they haven’t had our wretched luck when it comes to injuries. 

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

I quite liked silva for all his flaws however I think our players were taking the free ride on the back of “unproven” managers. Knowing that their relatively lack of experience would wash away the fact they were doing fuck all when the times got hard. Know we have ancelotti and the whole footballing world knows his pedigree, Ancelotti won’t be perfect but they won’t be able hide consistent shit performances on the manager and I don’t see Ancelotti having that either.