IGNORED

January Transfer Window

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

I wasn’t venting anger, I was just pointing out the fact that we’re suffering because of his ignorance/naivety. Was all spent with the right intentions but doesn’t change the fact he created the situation. 

sorry, was meant at any sort of go at your post. I was just a general comment. - I fully agree with you - like you said its his own fault - but hard to get angry with him as was all done with good intentions for the club. 

My point was 10years ago - he would have just been able to spend again (if he wanted, and I think he does) - We had been hamstrung being skint for decades, a money man comes it and now its a system within football that's holding us back. 

Just our luck!! 

30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No improvements and apparently due to financial restraints, yet all summer we were being told FFP didn't matter anymore. 

might be a bit of wiggle room due to COVID for situations clubs find themselves in with reduced balance sheet and difficulties in balancing the book - but I don't think we where told FFP 'don't matter anymore' or it has now gone away and club can spend what they like. 

It was my belief that Everton are/where a club sailing close to the wind in the FFP department. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

might be a bit of wiggle room due to COVID for situations clubs find themselves in with reduced balance sheet and difficulties in balancing the book - but I don't think we where told FFP 'don't matter anymore' or it has now gone away and club can spend what they like. 

It was my belief that Everton are/where a club sailing close to the wind in the FFP department. 

I agree with everything you have said but after the City case was largely quashed in the summer, there was a lot of people saying it was the end of FFP!

Winter 2021:
IN: King
OUT: Lossl
LOAN IN: 

LOAN OUT: Pennington, Branthwaite, Simms, Bolasie, Tosun, Kenny, Gordon, Beni
CONTRACT ENDS AFTER SEASON: Besic, Bolasie, Walcott, Pennington, Adeniran, Connolly

Squad for rest of season:
GK: Pickford, Olsen, J Virginia
DEF: Keane, Mina, Holgate, Godfrey, Digne, Coleman, Nkounkou
MID: Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Davies, Siggy, Gbamin, Delph
FWD: DCL, Richarlison, James, Iwobi, King, Bernard

7 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Winter 2021:
IN: King
OUT: Lossl
LOAN IN: 

LOAN OUT: Pennington, Branthwaite, Simms, Bolasie, Tosun, Kenny, Gordon, Beni
CONTRACT ENDS AFTER SEASON: Besic, Bolasie, Walcott, Pennington, Adeniran, Connolly

Squad for rest of season:
GK: Pickford, Olsen, J Virginia
DEF: Keane, Mina, Holgate, Godfrey, Digne, Coleman, Nkounkou
MID: Allan, Doucoure, Gomes, Davies, Siggy, Gbamin, Delph
FWD: DCL, Richarlison, James, Iwobi, King, Bernard

Only one name in there that really pisses me of now, anyone care to guess 

2 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Besic seems to have been with the club since I became a fan, and I've been a fan since the early 90s. 

1 hour ago, Formby said:

I always liked Besic. Tenacious, quick, decent passer, right attitude. Injuries totally wrecked his career.

Always wanted to see Besic succeed but unfortunately just never worked out - Gbamin-esque at this point. This conversation sent me on a quick research mission. Bobby Brown Shoes left the club in May 2016. The squad that year appeared to have 28 players. Of which only 3 are still in a blue shirt. Coleman, Holgate and Besic. FWIW Besic was signed in July 2014. Wow. 

P.S. Bobby's last two signings before getting sacked...Shani Tarashaj and Oumar Niasse in January 2016. Another wow. 

lots of young players (who will see few minutes here) have gone out to get competitive minutes under their belt.

Transfer all now seem to be a little better thought out.

Just in Ancelotti's press conference today - he didn't talk about King being brought in as a proven goals scorer in the premier league and to get us more goals - the opposite in fact (so he has already taken that pressure of King in his first opportunity). He said he's a good fit for the squad, which I agree he is - just what we need. Cenk and Gordon out of the squad and bring in a player who as the moment in time will cover both these positions with better experience and quality and experience. I also got the feeling a move for King would have been made last summer if one or two others had been managed to be moved on. Although it might look like it given the timing, it definitely was not a last minute panic buy.  

11 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

lots of young players (who will see few minutes here) have gone out to get competitive minutes under their belt.

Transfer all now seem to be a little better thought out.

Just in Ancelotti's press conference today - he didn't talk about King being brought in as a proven goals scorer in the premier league and to get us more goals - the opposite in fact (so he has already taken that pressure of King in his first opportunity). He said he's a good fit for the squad, which I agree he is - just what we need. Cenk and Gordon out of the squad and bring in a player who as the moment in time will cover both these positions with better experience and quality and experience. I also got the feeling a move for King would have been made last summer if one or two others had been managed to be moved on. Although it might look like it given the timing, it definitely was not a last minute panic buy.  

My thinking at the end of last season, when we were linked, was and still is - he can do Tosun’s job and Bernard’s job so was hoping we’d sell both. £200k per week between them for not a lot of impact. This summer is going to be the first when we’ve finally shaken off previous mistakes (bar a couple). Having Ancelotti and hopefully European football could be such an important factor - could be make or break for the Moshiri era really - we certainly can’t afford another Koeman/Walsh catastrophe in the transfer market!

7 hours ago, Formby said:

I always liked Besic. Tenacious, quick, decent passer, right attitude. Injuries totally wrecked his career.

But since Roberto left not one manager has rated him, including the ones who loaned him. Maybe he just wasn’t good enough? Enough managers thought he wasn’t good enough anyway. 

He got the best luck of his life when he got his Everton contract, I don’t blame him for taking every penny, because he’ll get nowhere near it again in his career. 

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

But, but, but he does slide tackles and punches the ground when he’s angry!

Made me laugh that 😂

Love his passion. But everyone in Goodison (imagine that) on a match day would have just as much, if not more. He has slightly more ability than your regular fat lad in the upper gwladys (me).

2 hours ago, StevO said:

But since Roberto left not one manager has rated him, including the ones who loaned him. Maybe he just wasn’t good enough? Enough managers thought he wasn’t good enough anyway. 

He got the best luck of his life when he got his Everton contract, I don’t blame him for taking every penny, because he’ll get nowhere near it again in his career. 

I just can’t believe that we offered him a contract extension at some stage too. We’ve effectively gotten 1.5 seasons of playing time out of him over a 7 year contract. Diabolical. 

58 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Manager says we tried for him in the summer so no whiff of desperation like most January transfers.

I never heard that let’s hope he’s better than Callum Wilson and has the same impact for us a Wilson has had for Newcastle, but can’t help feeling if it’s true and we were looking at him in the summer we were looking at the wrong one. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

Maybe. Certainly, post 2016, after the ACL, his game never recovered. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I never heard that let’s hope he’s better than Callum Wilson and has the same impact for us a Wilson has had for Newcastle, but can’t help feeling if it’s true and we were looking at him in the summer we were looking at the wrong one. 

Was in the pre-match conference. Don't usually bother watching them myself but was bored.