IGNORED

January Transfer Window

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I have said we need to be balanced and not prodominately any one biased route. ALL players need to take responsibility on getting balance in the team this season and how we play, as opposed to being one dimentional and trying to playing to any one single players preference game after game. 

But we are one dimensional, the the plan is to wait for DCL to be back in the team and start winning games for us isn’t it? He’s the only player we’ve really missed for this whole shitty run, so he’ll surely sort things out when he comes back. Unless Rafa is planning on trying something different, which would be novel. 

9 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Did you even read my post, who said we should now ignore Digne creating? You are just making stuff up now and making out things are black and white again. Too much laughing gas?

I have said we need to be balanced and not prodominately any one biased route. ALL players need to take responsibility on getting balance in the team this season and how we play, as opposed to being one dimentional and trying to playing to any one single players preference game after game. 

Show me one post where anybody says Digne should be ignored offensively?

No laughing gas, you caught me on a bad day (Christmas being cancelled as my daughter tested positive).

You said we don't need Digne anymore because we've got Doucoure and Gray scoring. Not making that up, that's your post. I said we need all three because, as you're now agreeing, we need as many as possible. 

15 hours ago, RuffRob said:

No shit. but Grey and Doucoure have been doing well this season so far - my guess is that Digne is having to take a little bit of an offensive back sit to accommodate these being further up the pitch. 

Look at Digne stats of the years he has been here - a steady decline year on year (not just this seasons). Opposition teams know what we are going to to do. We definitely need more of an offensive arsenal than give it to Digne in the final third. 

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

You said we don't need Digne anymore because we've got Doucoure and Gray scoring. Not making that up, that's your post. I said we need all three because, as you're now agreeing, we need as many as possible. 

Your are just making stuff up, and continuing to do so. My posts did not say we don't need Digne anywhere, my post said we will benefit from variation.

No point in debating with you if you you don't really take the effort to read other peoples post properly. 

23 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Your are just making stuff up, and continuing to do so. My posts did not say we don't need Digne anywhere, my post said we will benefit from variation.

No point in debating with you if you you don't really take the effort to read other peoples post properly. 

You start the sentence with "but". 

If you can't deal with basic English, I won't bother debating with you either. 

11 hours ago, StevO said:

I quite like our current plan of not bothering  to have the ball for most of the game, and then when we do get it one of our players might so a bit of individual brilliance and win us the game. If they don’t do that, well, there’s always next week. 

Dont forget the bit about where we hope the other team misses a few sitters so that we can go down the other end and rob them of a few points here and there. 

#Rafamasterclass

5 hours ago, Matt said:

You start the sentence with "but". 

If you can't deal with basic English, I won't bother debating with you either. 

Well I don't think I do too bad considering I was taught English as a second language. Thanks for the lesson. 

What's your excuse for not understand what people write? 

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Well I don't think I do too bad considering I was taught English as a second language. Thanks for the lesson. 

What's your excuse for not understand what people write? 

Would never have expected that, well done. Genuinely. I had taken you for a native speaker, so when you write 'but' and then contradict yourself, I was understanding what you'd written. My comprehension is correct based on what you wrote and rewrote.

If you write what you mean correctly, I'll be able to understand what you mean correctly, and that's not meant as a dig. Simple really. Much like playing to players strengths to get more goal chances for the team instead of asking them to do things they're not strongest at and losing a valued and effective member of the squad. 

3 hours ago, RPG said:

Back on topic; I think Rafa has been busy behind the scenes and that we can expect 3 or 4 incomings in the 'young, skilful and hungry' style in January.

Hopefully, Rafa also realises that he can trust the youngsters we have and continue to give them game time. Once that starts to gel and we have offloaded the deadwood (with many of their contracts expiring in 2022) then we may start to see a sexier style of play.

Lets hope so. I want to see us have a style of football that we can get behind and identify with and not just turn up, deploy the low block and hope for a counter or bit of briliance. 

If he can bring in players to allow us to do that then thats great new for Evertonians!!

4 hours ago, RPG said:

Hopefully, Rafa also realises that he can trust the youngsters we have and continue to give them game time. Once that starts to gel and we have offloaded the deadwood (with many of their contracts expiring in 2022) then we may start to see a sexier style of play.

It will certainly be interesting to see if youngsters still get a go when it's not forced upon him.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It will certainly be interesting to see if youngsters still get a go when it's not forced upon him.

Depends whether you think Simms and Dobbin should play in front of DCL and Richarlison when they are fit, I don’t think you need to be a rocket scientist to workout what will happen there. With Branthwaite it may not be so clear cut he can comfortably play at CB and DM and be an improvement in those positions. But as you said it will be interesting. 

I think as it turned out the youngsters where put in at a good time. Maybe luck over good judgement

Benitez did not have to put any senior noses out of join by dropping them and putting young players in ahead of them and equally it was a game that they could go in to with a little less pressure on them - they where not being put in ahead of a senior player and it was a game which we where not expected to get anything out off of other than a lose was a massive bonus.

Ok, I get the argument that he had little choice other than to play them, but some good performances after getting their start has give food for thought and these decent performances do actually make it easy for Benitez to put them in the game ahead of more senior players. 

14 hours ago, RPG said:

Back on topic; I think Rafa has been busy behind the scenes and that we can expect 3 or 4 incomings in the 'young, skilful and hungry' style in January.

A big improvement on old, out of shape, and Chinese as a second language.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

badly

You've started something now, you know. Wait until Mike sees this.

If we are going to get into the perfect grammar school before our posts or recognised or taken seriously then I’m fucking off. Bill what’s your forum called mate and do you accept people who’s grammar let’s say isn’t perfect. 

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If we are going to get into the perfect grammar school before our posts or recognised or taken seriously then I’m fucking off. Bill what’s your forum called mate and do you accept people who’s grammar let’s say isn’t perfect. 

Illiteracy is compulsory on Bill's site, anyone displaying a basic grasp of grandma faces an immediate ban.

You'll fit right in mate:D

I posted this picture in another discussion since it answered someone's question, but it makes sense to post it here. This explains our limited summer spending and why we have no option in January other than sell to buy. We're walking a tightrope right now, which is another reason why it infuriates me that our manager hasn't trusted our younger players - until forced to do so. Why bring in more players from the outside, with higher wages and agent fees, when we have talent readily available that would improve our situation in almost every respect?

uyLLHNi.png

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I posted this picture in another discussion since it answered someone's question, but it makes sense to post it here. This explains our limited summer spending and why we have no option in January other than sell to buy. We're walking a tightrope right now, which is another reason why it infuriates me that our manager hasn't trusted our younger players - until forced to do so. Why bring in more players from the outside, with higher wages and agent fees, when we have talent readily available that would improve our situation in almost every respect?

uyLLHNi.png

Ok who is the young LB that is good enough to replace Digne, seeing as that is what you’re pointing to when you mentioned the other thread.