IGNORED

January Transfer Window

58 minutes ago, RPG said:

Latest I am hearing is that Digne is looking very likely to go, Mina could go with him, Holgate to be loaned out and Omar Colley (massive Gambian cb) could be joining us from Sampdoria.

I’d like Colley we need a decent CB with pace and also Barkley on loan if we can’t get another CM 

4 hours ago, patto said:

Is it possible there is still a power struggle behind the scenes between Kenwright and Benitez it’s rumoured big bill is in charge of all transfer negotiations if so it’s possible Benitez might be on his way. 

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/01/05/moshiri-and-benitez-at-odds-over-coutinho-with-everton-in-talks-to-sign-barcelona-ace/

and just to throw something else in to the mix - This sort of thing would not surprise. One of my positives of Benitez being here is that I am of the belief he will actually stand up to Moshiri properly in these circumstances and we don't end up with more of the 'wrong type' of players on the wage bill to suit the owners whim.

9 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/01/05/moshiri-and-benitez-at-odds-over-coutinho-with-everton-in-talks-to-sign-barcelona-ace/

and just to throw something else in to the mix - This sort of thing would not surprise. One of my positives of Benitez being here is that I am of the belief he will actually stand up to Moshiri properly in these circumstances and we don't end up with more of the 'wrong type' of players on the wage bill to suit the owners whim.

Moshiri needs to keep his fucking nose out. He will never learn his lesson and it'll be a great day when he sells up.

add to that Kia Joorabchian (Courtinio's agent) is apparently is a bit of an advisor to Moshiri and has his ear makes me believe there are some miles in this story.

I really hope Benitez holds his ground, and insists any more budget we have this window is directed elsewhere in the squad. If Benitez is strong enough to put a stop to Moshiri making stupid signings then he will earn some brownie points.

6 hours ago, Aidan said:

Wonder what position is left after a winger. CM perhaps?

It must be a CM over anywhere else. 

If Allan or Doucoure are injured, the step down is pretty big. Benitez clearly wants to play with 2 in midfield and the other players we have can't do that. I don't think we need loads of quality in that player, we need athleticism and energy more than anything.

As someone else has said, the last thing we need is probably a winger right now.

On 05/01/2022 at 13:11, StevO said:

Yeah buying the full backs who like to attack is a strange one!

Maybe Brands and Rafa did agree on some of these things, but from the moment Rafa arrived his friends in the media were making comments about him lasting longer at the club than Brands. Maybe he just doesn’t like having a director of football. 

Everton and confusing. Seems the norm now. 

But maybe they know how to attack and defend, where as Digne couldn’t defend. 

On 05/01/2022 at 16:15, RuffRob said:

We will never know what conversations where had or if Benitez does deserve some kudos for putting his foot down with Moshiri, but it is a good sign that Courtinio didn't come to us (even if he ends up doing well at Villa). I wonder what wages he is on at Villa.

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

We will never know what conversations where had or if Benitez does deserve some kudos for putting his foot down with Moshiri, but it is a good sign that Courtinio didn't come to us (even if he ends up doing well at Villa). I wonder what wages he is on at Villa.

I think Villa are paying 40% (which is still probably about £100k) and there’s a £33m option. I’m glad we swerved it however well he does. I’ve seen us linked with a loan for Kulusevski - 21 - top prospect - sounds much better to me.

26 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I think Villa are paying 40% (which is still probably about £100k) and there’s a £33m option. I’m glad we swerved it however well he does. I’ve seen us linked with a loan for Kulusevski - 21 - top prospect - sounds much better to me.

Agree. Coutinho on his day is world class but so was James. Rafa for all his flaws we have to give him credit that there’s a certain “type” of player he wants and he is sticking by that. Also again sounds like the transfer strategy has finally got some direction to it.

18 hours ago, RuffRob said:

15 hours ago, Btay said:

Agree. Coutinho on his day is world class but so was James. Rafa for all his flaws we have to give him credit that there’s a certain “type” of player he wants and he is sticking by that. Also again sounds like the transfer strategy has finally got some direction to it.

If its true. 

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Grow up Bailey your dislike of Benitez is becoming boring now mate, anything some says that might show a bit of positivity to the manager you have to try and dismiss? Yawn 😴😴😴😴😴😴

🤣🤣

Are you one of these people that believes everything they read in the press? I had you down as more of a cynic than that Palfy.

Im not saying it isnt true, but I certainly wont be taking that source as gospel!

Just now, Bailey said:

🤣🤣

Are you one of these people that believes everything they read in the press? I had you down as more of a cynic than that Palfy.

Im not saying it isnt true, but I certainly wont be taking that source as gospel!

Don’t be daft, Palfy doesn’t believe everything he reads in the press. He just believes everything he makes up in his head. 😂

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

🤣🤣

I wasn’t just particularly referring to this one comment in general you have become boring with your comments about Benitez, constantly trying to dismiss anything that anyone says that may show Benitez in a favourable light not based on anything but dislike 👎. I’m beginning to think you have morphed into Cornish Steve and lost complete sense of balance when it comes to Benitez, fuck me just realised what a scary thought that is 😂

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

If its true. 

maybe he should come out and tell us!! sorry, I forgot,  Rafa's also a bit of a c*nt if he actually now says any with any substance!😂

Joking to one side, that's exactly why I started with 'We will never know what conversations where had.......'

Its also why I had a rant a few days ago about wanna be journalists - so many opinions around it actually difficult to know what is truth from fiction these day as 'fake news' seem to get just as much reporting as a proper scoop. I suppose it give us all plenty to debate about.