IGNORED

January Transfer Window

Whoever we bring in I just hope we don't automatically give them big wages and long term contracts (ie 5 years).  Get that that it is easier to spread things over 5 years but it is just kicking the can down the road.  Feel like players and agents look at our club as a retirement community or pay day.  Need to be focusing on getting players that want to play for us.

4 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Whoever we bring in I just hope we don't automatically give them big wages and long term contracts (ie 5 years).  Get that that it is easier to spread things over 5 years but it is just kicking the can down the road.  Feel like players and agents look at our club as a retirement community or pay day.  Need to be focusing on getting players that want to play for us.

Tricky one for me that( the contract length ) What happens if we bring someone in on a 2 or 3 year contract and they end up being a huge success and the bigger clubs come circling ?

Not to mention if other clubs are in for the said player why would they even come to us on a short term deal and lower wages than they could get elsewhere ? 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Tricky one for me that( the contract length ) What happens if we bring someone in on a 2 or 3 year contract and they end up being a huge success and the bigger clubs come circling ?

Not to mention if other clubs are in for the said player why would they even come to us on a short term deal and lower wages than they could get elsewhere ? 

It is going to be the case with us as a mid table side at the moment.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rafa-benitez-expects-early-everton-22618014

Interesting that Rafa says it’s better to get players with Premiership experience yet neither of the  2 players we’ve been most strongly linked with have never played in this country 

Maybe they're both bollocks rumours then, like the Nunes deal that was done but was never even close.

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

A midfielder is next on our list apparently. 

Take a CB first but perhaps a good CM on loan is easier to find in January.

I know trades/swaps are more of an American thing but man would i love to see kenny and holgate swapped for mcneil. 

by the way in addtion to Digne's imminent sale, kenny delph gylfi and cenk contracts all up at the end of the season. The clear out is gaining momentum. Iwobi and Gbamin next please!

8 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

I know trades/swaps are more of an American thing but man would i love to see kenny and holgate swapped for mcneil. 

by the way in addtion to Digne's imminent sale, kenny delph gylfi and cenk contracts all up at the end of the season. The clear out is gaining momentum. Iwobi and Gbamin next please!

Won't be surprised if Delphs contact is extended 2 years you know.

27 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Iwobi is going to be near on impossible shift, someone might take a gamble on Gbamin after all they’ve only really got footage of him from his previous club and from memory that wasn’t to bad. 

50 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

It would still be Kenny + Holgate plus an extra £20mil for McNeil! 🤣

I think our best bet with Gbamin would be to try and sell him back to his old club or at least another team in Germany were he was highly rated

I still think if Digne goes we need another LB because Ukrainian Mick is completely untried in this league

Would love to get shut of some of the deadwood so we could also look at a new CB and CM

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think our best bet with Gbamin would be to try and sell him back to his old club or at least another team in Germany were he was highly rated

I doubt anyone would pay a reasonable fee considering his injury history. Might as well keep him here and see what he can do.

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Matt, stop being silly and take your dog out in the garden. Presuming he hasn't had all his innoculations so can't go for a walk yet!

Got to do the first round of injections again tomorrow apparently, the new vet said the first dose isn't compatible or something. Sounds like nonsense to me but so be it. Hopefully the vet will give some tips on getting the bugger to not panic when we leave him for the night. I swear, a baby was easier and didn't have my hand in ribbons!

I'm pleased with our transfer business so far in this window but it has left me a little bit confused. Bear with me.

Digne and the manager have apparently fallen out because the manager wants Digne to concentrate more on being a defensive LB, but then we've gone out and spent a decent amount of money on two full-backs that are attack-minded and not great defensively.

It also looks like there was a power struggle between the manager and Brands due to them not being able to agree on signings or whatever, but then the two signings we've made we had an interest in previously (long-term in regards to Mykolenko). So either they did agree on those two or we've put these players on the manager regardless of his view (very unlikely!), which would make it a bit silly to rip up the entire system in place by getting shut of Brands to appease the manager.

So yeah, Everton look like a very confused club and it's confusing me.

57 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm pleased with our transfer business so far in this window but it has left me a little bit confused. Bear with me.

Digne and the manager have apparently fallen out because the manager wants Digne to concentrate more on being a defensive LB, but then we've gone out and spent a decent amount of money on two full-backs that are attack-minded and not great defensively.

It also looks like there was a power struggle between the manager and Brands due to them not being able to agree on signings or whatever, but then the two signings we've made we had an interest in previously (long-term in regards to Mykolenko). So either they did agree on those two or we've put these players on the manager regardless of his view (very unlikely!), which would make it a bit silly to rip up the entire system in place by getting shut of Brands to appease the manager.

Is it possible there is still a power struggle behind the scenes between Kenwright and Benitez it’s rumoured big bill is in charge of all transfer negotiations if so it’s possible Benitez might be on his way. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah buying the full backs who like to attack is a strange one!

Maybe Brands and Rafa did agree on some of these things, but from the moment Rafa arrived his friends in the media were making comments about him lasting longer at the club than Brands. Maybe he just doesn’t like having a director of football. 

Everton and confusing. Seems the norm now. 

48 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Wonder what position is left after a winger. CM perhaps?

I’d rather see a midfielder than a winger. We’ve got Grey, Gordon, Townsend and Richarlison who can all play out there. Yeah Richarlison would like to be a striker, but we need a three in midfield. So for me it’s Richarlison and any of the other three on the opposite wing. 
A midfielder with a bit of quality on the ball would be more benefit to the team from what I’ve seen.