IGNORED

January Transfer Window

18 hours ago, RPG said:

I can imagine Frank Lampard has already been on the 'phone to Ross Barkley and Dele Alli.

I think Loftus-Cheek or even Gilmour (may end his loan at Norwich) will be first choice.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we do a similar deal to what Southampton have done for Livmarento and I think Brighton did with Lamptey too - small fee to make the permanent deal but Chelsea get a set buy back. Tino Anjorin may be a name to look out for - I can see us being linked with the Lampard Chelsea connection.

50 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I think Loftus-Cheek or even Gilmour (may end his loan at Norwich) will be first choice.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we do a similar deal to what Southampton have done for Livmarento and I think Brighton did with Lamptey too - small fee to make the permanent deal but Chelsea get a set buy back. Tino Anjorin may be a name to look out for - I can see us being linked with the Lampard Chelsea connection.

Well we can only have one more domestic loan so we'd have to buy one of them.

A couple of senior additions to the squad could make all the difference. 

I think Lampard coming in over the other final candidates will be able to maybe get a better quality premiership quality player in. This could make a massive difference come the task ahead. Lampard worth bring in for this alone. 

The short term drawing power of Ferguson or Pereira may have been a little weak

Shot ourselves a bit in the foot with El Ghazi, as takes up one of our loan spaces in an area where we have decent enough cover (Moshiri interfering?). So allowed one more Premiership player, and I believe a further two loans from overseas, as no more than four total for a season. 

Few names linked for Prem players - Loftus, Cheeks, De Beek, Alli, and Ndombele but not much from overseas. 

I wonder if there is any money for permanent transfers available?

10 hours ago, Matt said:

I know El Gahzi came in under RB, but honestly give him a chance. He's not proven he's a waste of a loan slot, he may well score another screamer that saves us from relegation.

And he might be further up the pecking order than Iwobi. 
Hope he plays a part against Brentford. 

12 hours ago, Matt said:

I know El Gahzi came in under RB, but honestly give him a chance. He's not proven he's a waste of a loan slot, he may well score another screamer that saves us from relegation.

Definitely. 
We have some strange fans at the moment.

He wasn’t picked for one squad, so must be a mistake. 
Two new signings not in squad, must mean they aren’t going to make it.

Manager takes over, one match later… that proves he is no good. 

Haha I wonder  if Frank might get two matches to prove himself.

This lad is still quite young, Villa fans seem to rate him and wanted him to get game time. Very fast and direct….. I mean not Baileys idea of fast, but no premier player is 😉.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Definitely. 
We have some strange fans at the moment.

He wasn’t picked for one squad, so must be a mistake. 
Two new signings not in squad, must mean they aren’t going to make it.

Manager takes over, one match later… that proves he is no good. 

Haha I wonder  if Frank might get two matches to prove himself.

This lad is still quite young, Villa fans seem to rate him and wanted him to get game time. Very fast and direct….. I mean not Baileys idea of fast, but no premier player is 😉.

He will be a player that fits in very well with Lamps style of play. 

36 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Was surprised to see us do any more business in this window (DVB), but I'd be stunned if we brought in anyone else. Assuming that will be it for us

DVB can play as attacking or as a defensive midfielder if need as cover. So he is going to be a useful player for us. 

Has now had +25 games in the Prem, so not like he is green to the pace of it. I am sure we will see his quality if his name is on the team sheet for most games.