IGNORED

Fabian Delph

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I’ll just go on the basis that whenever he’s been played he looks half arsed and shit and the other 90% of the time he’s unavailable.  

So nothing to suggest he gives off a negative energy to his team mates then no? 
In the few games he has managed to play for us hes not looked half arsed at all, and certainly no worse than his team mates. Him being injured is also no sign of negative energy. 
Im no fan of his, and can’t wait until he’s gone, but to just label him as negative energy is nothing more than made up because you don’t like the lad. 

I’ll add that here on TT (where he is almost universally disliked) he managed to be voted man of the match in consecutive games against Wolves and Spurs this season. 
He’s had more man of the match votes than fan favourite Ben Godfrey and only three less than Jordan Pickford this season. 

15 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’ll add that here on TT (where he is almost universally disliked) he managed to be voted man of the match in consecutive games against Wolves and Spurs this season. 
He’s had more man of the match votes than fan favourite Ben Godfrey and only three less than Jordan Pickford this season. 

That just proves how little we really know 😂

43 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Seriously, what I like about TT is the objective views about players. I admit to not/never being a Delph fan but StevO's views are fair comment. My problem has always been that I think he came here for the pay cheque not any sort of desire to play for us.

To be clear im no fan of him. I don’t think he came to Everton for the money though, the man is a multi millionaire. I think he came to play football and his body has let him down, as it had for years before he came to us. I just hate to see a person (any person, not just footballers) have their character judged without any personal experience of the person. I’d hate someone to look at me doing my job from a distance and make assumptions about my attitude, my influence on others, my reasons for doing things I do. I just think it’s very unfair. Just people on performance and results, no problem, but the personal stuff just isn’t right to me. 

11 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Seriously, what I like about TT is the objective views about players. I admit to not/never being a Delph fan but StevO's views are fair comment. My problem has always been that I think he came here for the pay cheque not any sort of desire to play for us.

If a player has come here for the pay cheque and no desire to play for us - then that is an enormous problem. 

that is the problem I agree with you entirely on.

players like that are negative to have around and we have collected them over the years.  Schneiderlein another one who springs to mind. 

I don’t know what they are like around finch farm but I see enough of what they are like on the pitch….. when they get on it. 

11 hours ago, StevO said:

To be clear im no fan of him. I don’t think he came to Everton for the money though, the man is a multi millionaire. I think he came to play football and his body has let him down, as it had for years before he came to us. I just hate to see a person (any person, not just footballers) have their character judged without any personal experience of the person. I’d hate someone to look at me doing my job from a distance and make assumptions about my attitude, my influence on others, my reasons for doing things I do. I just think it’s very unfair. Just people on performance and results, no problem, but the personal stuff just isn’t right to me. 

Delph baiting a fan telling them they would ask for an autograph. Wasn’t it after we got snotted by Man City and he was laughing and joking with his old ex team mates????  

I complete disliked him after that. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

For laughing and joking with the opposition after we got snotted….. is it wrong for me to dislike him and when told this by a fan he said you would ask me for an autograph…..

he’s a nob

So many footballers do this, it just is what it is. We want them to be like us, but they aren’t. They are just at work. It’s just part of the game now, no point being annoyed by it. Richarlison does this with his Brazilian team mates, but we like him so we don’t get as upset. 
The Ben Foster podcast is a great insight into this kind of thing. Once the game has finished move on, see a mate have a chat. 

Nothing wrong with not liking him, I’ve posted enough that I don’t like him too. But not enough to make my dislike of him judge his character, because I don’t know anything of his character. You’re using your dislike of him to make out he’s a negative influence, that he’s just here for the money, that he doesn’t care. But you don’t know him, none of us do. 

Add to this that we’ve heard weeks of how much Digne doesn’t care, wants to leave, Dunc on here has been told he’s a bad guy at the training ground too. Full time yesterday every single player and member of staff gave him a hug. We don’t know about these players, judge what they do on the pitch but not their character. 

51 minutes ago, StevO said:

So many footballers do this, it just is what it is. We want them to be like us, but they aren’t. They are just at work. It’s just part of the game now, no point being annoyed by it. Richarlison does this with his Brazilian team mates, but we like him so we don’t get as upset. 
The Ben Foster podcast is a great insight into this kind of thing. Once the game has finished move on, see a mate have a chat. 

Nothing wrong with not liking him, I’ve posted enough that I don’t like him too. But not enough to make my dislike of him judge his character, because I don’t know anything of his character. You’re using your dislike of him to make out he’s a negative influence, that he’s just here for the money, that he doesn’t care. But you don’t know him, none of us do. 

Add to this that we’ve heard weeks of how much Digne doesn’t care, wants to leave, Dunc on here has been told he’s a bad guy at the training ground too. Full time yesterday every single player and member of staff gave him a hug. We don’t know about these players, judge what they do on the pitch but not their character. 

You get this a lot in rugby.

You can be kicking ten bells of shit out of each other for 80 minutes then when that final whistle goes, the game is done. You shake hands, move on and have few pints and a laugh after the game. 

I think the bigger issue is pre-game when you see them laughing and joking as at that point everything is to play for. Then again, they have to all the gimmicky things now before the game that even if you are fully in the zone, you will probably be out of it by the time it comes to actually start the game.

I have no problem with them speaking and having a laugh after the match, as long as it’s not on the pitch. You should be gutted you lost. It’s a mentality.

Same as I don’t care if opposing players celebrate a goal. They get stick from us all game, if they turn to us and fist pump… there’s nothing wrong with that.

Dont get me wrong, you will always have a few fans that are weak and cowards, but hopefully they are few.

17 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Football fans go home gutted when they lose, the players earning millions a year have a natter on the pitch….. maybe this is why fans feel so disconnected from the players.

funny, I don’t see Liverpool players do this. 

You’ve not seen Firminho, Alissa and Fabinho talking and laughing with Ederson and Fernandinho? I have. 

Don’t know about you, but if I have a bad day at work I use my drive home to box it away as quickly as possible. It’s a job for these lads, if they can box it away after the whistle blows and then dissect it back at the training ground I don’t see that as a bad thing. It’s a passion and a love for us, it’s a job for them. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

You’ve not seen Firminho, Alissa and Fabinho talking and laughing with Ederson and Fernandinho? I have. 

Don’t know about you, but if I have a bad day at work I use my drive home to box it away as quickly as possible. It’s a job for these lads, if they can box it away after the whistle blows and then dissect it back at the training ground I don’t see that as a bad thing. It’s a passion and a love for us, it’s a job for them. 

You would like to think there passionate about there job and the club they are playing for, but maybe they aren’t and it is just a job with no emotions or passion tied to it, it would explain why we are so poor. 

26 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Football fans go home gutted when they lose, the players earning millions a year have a natter on the pitch….. maybe this is why fans feel so disconnected from the players.

funny, I don’t see Liverpool players do this. 

Fuck Richarlison off too then eh?

I've not problem with compatriots or ex-team members chatting after the final whistle, but I do understand the irritation. 

My distain for Delph is simply because he's a shit footballer, a liability on the pitch. 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've not problem with compatriots or ex-team members chatting after the final whistle, but I do understand the irritation. 

My distain for Delph is simply because he's a shit footballer, a liability on the pitch. 

It is a difficult one especially when you’re team is in dire straits and the fans are protesting, as a supporter who is already disappointed and disillusioned the team and club as a whole, the last thing you want to see when you have lost a game is to see your players cuddling and chatting and sometimes laughing aloud with the opposition, sometimes the players need look at the bigger picture and consider the feelings of the fans, just wait 5 minutes and have your cuddles and laugh in the tunnel or dressing room, surely not to much to ask a bit of consideration for some fans who maybe feeling the disappointment harder than some.  

I stood there in the away end at Wolves when the players came over to applaud the fans. Coleman stood there for a full five minutes keeping eye contact.

Anyone who stood there and clapped back would have saw the absolute distraught look on his face, and a deep regret that they hadn’t  delivered on the pitch.

Since that moment i have made sure I clap the players after every match if I feel they have put effort into the match.

Some of them care deeply.

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Its sports psychology 101. Once its done and it cant be changed, you move on. 

That doesnt mean you dont disect and learn from it when the time is right, but if you get too emotional it will affect performance. 

One of the best sports for that is golf. Look at Tiger Woods. Yes he celebrated or became pissed off with a shot here and there but within a few steps it was done and onto the next shot. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

It is a difficult one especially when you’re team is in dire straits and the fans are protesting, as a supporter who is already disappointed and disillusioned the team and club as a whole, the last thing you want to see when you have lost a game is to see your players cuddling and chatting and sometimes laughing aloud with the opposition, sometimes the players need look at the bigger picture and consider the feelings of the fans, just wait 5 minutes and have your cuddles and laugh in the tunnel or dressing room, surely not to much to ask a bit of consideration for some fans who maybe feeling the disappointment harder than some.  

This. Also there might be your team-mates who are feeling the pain of a loss.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Does t look like he’s laughing with him does it.   Delph was talking behind his handed and laughing 

I have no doubts on richarlisns commitment to us.  

5 hours ago, StevO said:

No it’s a load of bollocks. I walked off 7 a side pitches having played against lads we all know and we argue the toss over things and the losers still feel sore.   

Delph was pissing himself laughing minutes after we got hammered.  Maybe the issue is that we have players who see it as a job and not a privilege.

37 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Does t look like he’s laughing with him does it.   Delph was talking behind his handed and laughing 

I have no doubts on richarlisns commitment to us.  

Quite the cheeky grin going on but I know where this line of posting goes and it's bed time. Gnight mate 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

No it’s a load of bollocks. I walked off 7 a side pitches having played against lads we all know and we argue the toss over things and the losers still feel sore.   

Delph was pissing himself laughing minutes after we got hammered.  Maybe the issue is that we have players who see it as a job and not a privilege.

Comparing yourself to elite level sport again Haf 😂

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Comparing yourself to elite level sport again Haf 😂

Apparently they eat food and fart too…. Lots of similarities. 

maybe if I got really good at football and paid millions of pounds for it then maybe I could internalise my disappointment at losing. 

you see…. This is where I struggle.   You get players so desperate to win that they argue and feign injury, ask for yellow cards etc…. But there are people in the same profession who literally are ok with losing to the point that they will laugh their heads off?

well not many.   Laughing after losing with opponents on the pitch, bollocks. Hugging and shaking hands- fine.   Gentlemanly conduct, laughing whilst fans are leaving the ground…. Nah get to fuck. 

• 2 months later...

Never did I think I would be so happy to see Delph looking ready to play.   Hopefully he has a great degree of respect for lampard - he took the shirt lampard vacated at Man City and lampard left him a nice tweet. 

(the shit you find in the desperation of trying to find reasons why some players may give a shit)