IGNORED

Fabian Delph

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He’s playing like Allan played when he was doing well.  The sad reality is that both Allan and Delph need replacing.

connor Gallagher for me please. 

I’d love Gallagher here, I think the only chance we would have is if he built any form of relationship with Frank while at Chelsea and Frank can sell him the opportunity.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He’s playing like Allan played when he was doing well.  The sad reality is that both Allan and Delph need replacing.

That would be a dream! I don’t think Gallagher does the same job as they do in the midfield, but I’d love him in there with someone else. 

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

That would be a dream! I don’t think Gallagher does the same job as they do in the midfield, but I’d love him in there with someone else. 

I think he’s an 8 but probably could do the 6 role.  He’s got loads of energy so it’s likely we would need a sitter. 

gana anyone? 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Agree he would do Doucoure’s role - loads of energy but he is so much better on the ball than Doucoure. Would be a great addition 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Yes to the first, but I’d say it’s nailed on that Chelsea keep Gallagher next season. He’ll be the guy giving Kante (who’s in his 30’s now) a chop out for sure.

Tuchel has commented on his form and development a bunch of times in press conferences this season.

21 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/05/12/frank-lampard-shares-injury-update-on-everton-midfielder-fabian-delph/

If he misses the last few games then that surely puts to bed any notion of giving him a new contract

Delph injured again.  No Brentford.  Frank said we will have to see for the rest of the season.  So would say he is tucked in nicely to said 'bed'.

3 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Ruled out. So hopefully Allan replaces Gomes.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Or V D Beek.

Was just posting this in the matchday thread, but for me it has to be Allan. Sure VDB could prove me wrong and play brilliantly, but I just do not trust him starting the biggest game of our season having only made 6 appearances for us and none in the last 2 months

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

YESSSSS!

This is the right move for a few reasons.  The main reason being is that we can not continue to be the club that is seen as a retirement home for the banged up 30+ player. 

he’s a strong personality and a potential positive in the dressing room but would be a potential figure of resentment when earning so much and playing do little.

im pleased that he was able to contribute to our survival, I dare say if he was on the pitch instead of Gomes for games against Southampton etc then we would have been out of the shit sooner.  Time to see Gomes, Davies, Allan, and maybe doucs leave. Basically the whole midfield. 

29 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

This is the right move for a few reasons.  The main reason being is that we can not continue to be the club that is seen as a retirement home for the banged up 30+ player. 

he’s a strong personality and a potential positive in the dressing room but would be a potential figure of resentment when earning so much and playing do little.

im pleased that he was able to contribute to our survival, I dare say if he was on the pitch instead of Gomes for games against Southampton etc then we would have been out of the shit sooner.  Time to see Gomes, Davies, Allan, and maybe doucs leave. Basically the whole midfield. 

I think the main reason is he's really, really shit. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

The reality is he was one of our stand out performers in the closing games.   So what does that say about the likes of doucs, Allan, Gomes? 

Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day? He's been utterly useless for 95% of the games he's played for us, which is impressive considering he missed 90% of the time here through injury. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day? He's been utterly useless for 95% of the games he's played for us, which is impressive considering he missed 90% of the time here through injury. 

Crikey, it would be interesting for you to go through the whole squad like this, @Matt! We'll call it the Matt Ratio.

5% effectiveness in 10% of games = 0.05 x 0.1 giving him an MR of 0.5%. That's really low.

Figure in 4million pa wages (£80k per week), maybe - for every £1000 we paid him, we get 0.00625% value (0.5 / 80). We'll call that the MRWA (Matt Ratio Wages Assessment).

I think this could take off, yes?

Will get back to work now... 🙂

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I agree, been a very very poor signing. Yet a player we are happy to release has been better than all the other midfielders we have.

being fit and available isn’t enough… we simply have one of the worst spines of the team in the league… without question we need to get rid of our centre midfield.

I hope Connor Gallagher arrives, I doubt Chelsea will want to sell but is he marquee enough for them? I have no doubt he would love to work with frank and play in front of the crazy bastards who showed him what proper support looks like. 

It's the right decision not to offer Delph a new deal, in fact he should never have been signed in the first place; we already had a younger injury prone Mo Besic who could play a similar role on the physio table. That said, Delph did play well in a few games towards the end of this season. He also gave us that entertaining performance earlier on in his Everton career when he called the rest of our players 'shit' then scored an own goal. Good luck for the future Fabian.