IGNORED

Fabian Delph

55 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Just a bit confused as to how people giving him attention and questioning him over what he wears affects him when he’s dressed as a school girl and carrying £3k Chanel handbags? 

the fan cup final where Liverpool spice boys dressed up in white suits was surely a lesson in “get attention for your performance on the pitch and not what you wear”. 

I think the lad loves attention but has underestimated the negative power of it when it’s mixed with poor performances.  

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Just a bit confused as to how people giving him attention and questioning him over what he wears affects him when he’s dressed as a school girl and carrying £3k Chanel handbags? 

the fan cup final where Liverpool spice boys dressed up in white suits was surely a lesson in “get attention for your performance on the pitch and not what you wear”. 

I think the lad loves attention but has underestimated the negative power of it when it’s mixed with poor performances.  

Fuck off, Haf. I respect you a ton, but you're better than this.

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Fuck off, Haf. I respect you a ton, but you're better than this.

Are you knee jerking into thinking that I’m insulting what he is wearing? 

If you read properly- I am saying that if someone doesn’t like the attention that they are courting then maybe dressing up as a schoolgirl carrying 3k chanel handbags isn’t the wisest idea is it?  Was he expecting the whole world to be diverse? No.  He’s being edgy and provocative…. And it’s giving him media attention….  
That elevation has now put him in a place where he is under pressure cos he’s not performing, so to moan about negativity is naive.   If you court attention - don’t be annoyed when the negative type comes in large drives when it comes. 

do you think I have a problem with People based on sexuality, gender, race?  I couldn’t give a crap and I fully support diversity thank you , but if you are marketing yourself in a way that gets attention be prepared for the burden of not being able to handle the volume and variety of responses.  For me it’s proven to be a huge distraction and something for him to try and balance, and I think he’s struggling with it.  

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/dominic-calvert-lewin-everton-fashion-25420112

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

Can we use the word filter to somehow stop Haf from talking about DCL please Mike?

Im not sure how we set it up, but maybe so it says something nice and positive instead? That’ll stop him. 😂

I like dcl cos he gets us in the news and lots of people talk about him being dead good and he has played for England. 

I don’t really understand why people are getting angry at him cos we aren’t getting the ball to him unmarked in the 6 yard box. 

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I just hope we're not tempted into giving him another contract, and also hope that it's shown how much we need to bring a proper DM in the summer.

We’re not blessed with leaders/winners - structure the deal right and I’d happily keep him.

The way I see it is Allan is likely to go, hopefully we find a buyer for Gomes, Gbamin - who knows?! Even Doucoure. van der Beek isn’t staying.

I’d say Davies (and probably Doucoure) is the only guaranteed central midfielder who’ll be at the club next season so maybe a bit of continuity with Delph will be a necessity.

4 minutes ago, c1982 said:

The way I see it is Allan is likely to go, hopefully we find a buyer for Gomes, Gbamin - who knows?! Even Doucoure. van der Beek isn’t staying.

I’d say Davies (and probably Doucoure) is the only guaranteed central midfielder who’ll be at the club next season so maybe a bit of continuity with Delph will be a necessity.

I would like to think that we could find a younger better player on a free possibly who would be willing to die for 100k a week. 

47 minutes ago, c1982 said:

All good and well but it's pointless if he can't play.

9 hours ago, c1982 said:

We’re not blessed with leaders/winners - structure the deal right and I’d happily keep him.

If he was able to play regularly, big problem is he can’t and it’s not possible to build a successful team when you have to keep chopping and changing ( see our back 4 for proof).

Im really happy with what he has done for us over the past few games, but we need to find a younger player who brings similar skills. I’d only consider a pay if he plays deal if he is used a a back up to cover injury etc,( which seems ironic given his injury history here 😱)

10 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

If he was able to play regularly, big problem is he can’t and it’s not possible to build a successful team when you have to keep chopping and changing ( see our back 4 for proof).

Im really happy with what he has done for us over the past few games, but we need to find a younger player who brings similar skills. I’d only consider a pay if he plays deal if he is used a a back up to cover injury etc,( which seems ironic given his injury history here 😱)

He’s been a passenger for most of his time here, and a dickhead for some of it.

Glad he’s making a difference on the pitch at the moment but can it be a coincidence that he’s out of contract and looking for his next job?

19 minutes ago, badaids said:

He’s been a passenger for most of his time here, and a dickhead for some of it.

Glad he’s making a difference on the pitch at the moment but can it be a coincidence that he’s out of contract and looking for his next job?

Or it might be the Lampard effect?

2 hours ago, Heath said:

Credit where it's due, Delph has done the business for us recently. If he could stay fit, it would be worth giving him a 12 month contract and using him as a squad player.

It’s a big if and because of that the contract must be structured (and reduced) to reflect the time he misses but I agree.

When Frank was asked about Delph in the press conference:

“He knows how I feel about him. It’s a decision that’s one between firstly him, his decision and what he wants, secondly me and thirdly the club and how that comes together and now’s not the time for that one.”

So frustrating this type of thing - he done bugger all for most of his contract (with injuries playing a big part in this) and now as he comes up to be final months of his contract he is looking every bit the experienced squad player we hope we would be.

If he does stay fit until the end of the season, and we keep getting the point in the last few game that we need to stay up and he has arguable been a massive influence in this last few game  - then there is the argument that he as been one of our most valuable purchases. Not out of the woods yet mind!!

You watch, he will go either go somewhere else and be injury free and have a couple of decent seasons with a promoted team or similar or stay with us and end up being injured for the best part of the next 12 months - whatever we do it will somehow turn out to be the wrong decision.

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

So frustrating this type of thing - he done bugger all for most of his contract (with injuries playing a big part in this) and now as he comes up to be final months of his contract he is looking every bit the experienced squad player we hope we would be.

If he does stay fit until the end of the season, and we keep getting the point in the last few game that we need to stay up and he has arguable been a massive influence in this last few game  - then there is the argument that he as been one of our most valuable purchases. Not out of the woods yet mind!!

You watch, he will go either go somewhere else and be injury free and have a couple of decent seasons with a promoted team or similar or stay with us and end up being injured for the best part of the next 12 months - whatever we do it will somehow turn out to be the wrong decision.

We just have to be methodical. Some players have not performed because of having a poor manager. Others, as you say, have appeared apathetic until it's time to renew contracts. This, in the end, should be irrelevant. What value can the player bring going forward based on our strategy and direction? Not four months ago, many would have pushed Iwobi out the door ahead of Delph, but he's turned it around. Delph has been a real surprise during these last critical few weeks. Does that mean these players can deliver value going forward? If so, keep them. If not, move them on.

I also dont think he has been THAT good that we couldnt replace him quickly and easily.

Since Lampard changed things the midfield have just been about solid defensive work. Delph is ok on the ball but nothing more. Defensively he is doing the job of an average, experienced pro in that position, no more. 

Its no suprise that Doucoure and Allan have been much better since the changes as well and I suspect Davies could also come in and hold his own too. 

Renewing his contract would just be wrong on all levels.

4 hours ago, plaidharper said:

I am still of the mind we need to move him on to bring in someone younger but if he was to stay we need to reduce those wages or make it a performance based contact or both.

The only contract we should offer is based on games played, his existing contract has paid him for being injured the majority of the time.