IGNORED

Darron Gibson

Martinez really talked up Gibson in the post match. Said he's a big part of our team and he's been missed and those through balls are just something we haven't had and all this.

Makes you wonder if Gibson will be starting some more matches.

Not really wonder, he certainly would IF he can stay fit. That is the only concern with him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The guy just cannot catch a break. He always comes in and plays well... and then he's out for a lengthy spell.

He catches lots of breaks, and strains and tears....

It's the only reason I want us to cash in. 45 a week to sit on the physio table 80% of the season is just not worth it.

Surprised in that Echo article about whom to keep and whom to release that most people want Gibson to stay.

Maybe that's because he's a good player and we haven't got many if them in CM. It's as though we can just go out and spend all kinds all over the pitch. Blank cheque book and all that.

Breaking a bone is just bad bad luck

Maybe that's because he's a good player and we haven't got many if them in CM. It's as though we can just go out and spend all kinds all over the pitch. Blank cheque book and all that.

Breaking a bone is just bad bad luck

Well put mc. In addition to that Steve he is cheap, I don't think his wages are very high and he's worth every quid (?) when he does play. Look at the matches he played this year, was usually top 3 players on the pitch.

Well put mc. In addition to that Steve he is cheap, I don't think his wages are very high and he's worth every quid (?) when he does play. Look at the matches he played this year, was usually top 3 players on the pitch.

The thing is though, a good player sitting in the treatment room is as useful to us as having a shit player out on the field.

The thing is though, a good player sitting in the treatment room is as useful to us as having a shit player out on the field.

Exactly. You could have Messi on your books, but if he spent 95% of the time in the treatment room, what's the point? Just a black hole of money.

he's on 45k a week (a break down in USD here), has been injured for 65% of his time with us (44 league apps out of a possible 130).

He is a good player but you want to pay all that money for occasional performances?

Edited by Matt

he's on 45k a week (a break down in USD here), has been injured for 65% of his time with us (44 league apps out of a possible 130).

He is a good player but you want to pay all that money for occasional performances?

Hmmm. So what do you suggest? We release him and then go and spend £5m+ plus 45k + a week on someone who in all honesty will sit on the bench with this manager anyway.

Hmmm. So what do you suggest? We release him and then go and spend £5m+ plus 45k + a week on someone who in all honesty will sit on the bench with this manager anyway.

Why would the manager sign someone and put them on the bench? He hasn't done that with Barry... which is clearly your point.

Unsure really, but gun to head yeah, get someone else in. Its much preferable to have someone who doesn't spend his life on the table (although there's no guarantee the new guy wouldn't be the same) and then theres actually an option for the manager to use him.

Martinez managed the lads return to fitness well I thought. I wanted him back straight in, but with his history you have to be careful. Latest injury is just unlucky, but its another unlucky injury after another. After a while, you have to ask if its worth persevering with a sick note or take a chance on a new guy. I'd reluctantly say new guy, who can be younger and cheaper to keep on the books, to groom into the position in 1-2 years time when Barry is gone.