IGNORED

Darron Gibson

Funny isn't it - alcohol has been in existance for thousands of years - you start off taking it to fit in and prove you can "handle it" and boast that you can do 12 pints and be ok.

Then as the years take their toll the same person tries to disguise the fact that they actually can put away 12 a day.... the ultimate succesful state of being a human being is the person who has the ability to be indifferent to what is effectively "a lethal addictive drug".

You can't be teetotal - that creates suspicion - but you can't be a drunk as that creates ridicule.

Has anyone ever done the 30 days or so off it and seen how many of their drinking pals react almost "irritated" by it?

For me along with smoking - alcohol is the most wicked trick that society has played on humans. The reversal of the brainwashing will take many more years.

One of my friends is going teetotal and has replaced ale for running and he says its a better high....

Funny isn't it - alcohol has been in existance for thousands of years - you start off taking it to fit in and prove you can "handle it" and boast that you can do 12 pints and be ok.

Then as the years take their toll the same person tries to disguise the fact that they actually can put away 12 a day.... the ultimate succesful state of being a human being is the person who has the ability to be indifferent to what is effectively "a lethal addictive drug".

You can't be teetotal - that creates suspicion - but you can't be a drunk as that creates ridicule.

Has anyone ever done the 30 days or so off it and seen how many of their drinking pals react almost "irritated" by it?

For me along with smoking - alcohol is the most wicked trick that society has played on humans. The reversal of the brainwashing will take many more years.

One of my friends is going teetotal and has replaced ale for running and he says its a better high....

If he's got a drinking problem, I sympathize. I know how hard that can be to a person. But driving around in an incredibly powerful sports can, knocking someone off their bike and hitting a petrol pump is beyond a drinking problem, it's plain irresponsible. Being sacked by the club might give him the jolt he needs to get his life back on track before he ends up killing himself or someone else.

12 pints Haf?! 12 whole to the rim filled pints? Fuck me. Not a chance I did that challenge. After 1 pint I get giddy, 2 pints giddy and rude with a bit of cock showing, 3 pints...I'll dance, 4 pints I'll do anything...don't know if I ever finish the 5th.

did 13 pints of Guinness 1 night in uni. Never.... Again....

12 pints Haf?! 12 whole to the rim filled pints? Fuck me. Not a chance I did that challenge. After 1 pint I get giddy, 2 pints giddy and rude with a bit of cock showing, 3 pints...I'll dance, 4 pints I'll do anything...don't know if I ever finish the 5th.

Used to routinely drink minimum four pints, often more, during work lunch break with an occasional short at the bar "on the way out". Then back down at 5.30 for opening time for several more. Wasn't just me, it was virtually everyone who worked for the company (including one of the directors). Most would then drive home. I'd either get a lift, get a train or ride my motorbike (not something I'm proud of but drink driving was almost acceptable back then, had nowhere near the stigma it rightly has now).

Then I'd go to my local for a few more with my mates. Probably averaged around ten pints a day but would have hit the twelve on many occasions.

Completely insane looking back on it but it was normality at the time, and was for a lot of years.

Used to routinely drink minimum four pints, often more, during work lunch break with an occasional short at the bar "on the way out". Then back down at 5.30 for opening time for several more. Wasn't just me, it was virtually everyone who worked for the company (including one of the directors). Most would then drive home. I'd either get a lift, get a train or ride my motorbike (not something I'm proud of but drink driving was almost acceptable back then, had nowhere near the stigma it rightly has now).

Then I'd go to my local for a few more with my mates. Probably averaged around ten pints a day but would have hit the twelve on many occasions.

Completely insane looking back on it but it was normality at the time, and was for a lot of years.

Blimey Mike - how did you not end up in a bad rehab kinda way?

Blimey Mike - how did you not end up in a bad rehab kinda way?

I didn't.

Detoxed during a three week spell on a psychiatric unit in 1989 (at twenty-nine, supported by work) then went back to it before full on rehab for ten months in 1994. Left the company and left London, didn't touch a drop then for 15/16 years. Now I can take it or leave it, still partial to the odd "session" but that's now three or four, five at a stretch. Too bloody expensive apart from anything else!

I didn't.

Detoxed during a three week spell on a psychiatric unit in 1989 (at twenty-nine, supported by work) then went back to it before full on rehab for ten months in 1994. Left the company and left London, didn't touch a drop then for 15/16 years. Now I can take it or leave it, still partial to the odd "session" but that's now three or four, five at a stretch. Too bloody expensive apart from anything else!

Some say 90 days off an addiction re wires the brain to pre addiction.

Glad you got back to the land of living.

Did jury duty a couple of weeks back, every case involved alcohol.The accused was pissed, the victums were pissed, witnesses were pissed, made for a bit of a dilema, who the fuc% to believe.

ps......don't mean they were actualy drunk in court, that would be just too funny.

Shit me I need to detox.

I have a Friday night bottle of red with the missus on fajitas night which isn't so bad.

But if I go out on a Sunday afternoon with my close friend it often turns into 8 or 9 and i feel like crap for work the next day.

I can honestly take it or leave it but admit to peer pressure at 42 as my friend loves his Sunday afternoon drinks.

Feeling that I should slow it down now.

Shit me I need to detox.

I have a Friday night bottle of red with the missus on fajitas night which isn't so bad.

But if I go out on a Sunday afternoon with my close friend it often turns into 8 or 9 and i feel like crap for work the next day.

I can honestly take it or leave it but admit to peer pressure at 42 as my friend loves his Sunday afternoon drinks.

Family life and work responsibility has made me question it. When I do the odd month off I wonder why I drink because I feel great, it's social situations and the habit.

Shit me I need to detox.

You need a detox? I'm usually through a bottle of red a night!

But its good for you, right?