IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

A little bit like Rom, when he played well he looked amazing. When he didn't play well he was missing and you wondered what has happened.

I just hope that Rom learns to impose himself better even when things aren't going great for him. As a like for like £28m spend, Rom represents more value.

the small amount ive seen of hererra makes me think hes going to be a great signing for united looks a top player.

Moyes baulked at the €36m asking price = £28m, but paid that much for Fellaini. IMO dithering Dave's last piece of dithering may have cost him his job, they needed that midfielder last season who could bring the others into the game rather than them looking at pointing the finger at Cleverley when in actual fact Carrick just wasn't up to the main role.

Moyes baulked at the €36m asking price = £28m, but paid that much for Fellaini. IMO dithering Dave's last piece of dithering may have cost him his job, they needed that midfielder last season who could bring the others into the game rather than them looking at pointing the finger at Cleverley when in actual fact Carrick just wasn't up to the main role.

That could be true, except for the fact that it was Woodward in charge of negotiations not Davie.

That could be true, except for the fact that it was Woodward in charge of negotiations not Davie.

"Herrera was convinced he was on his way to Old Trafford. He was not amused when the deal fell flat, but the truth of the matter was that David Moyes did not feel Herrera was worth the €36 million on his buyout clause."

source:- Mr Billy Balague which is pretty much a 100% guarantee.

"Herrera was convinced he was on his way to Old Trafford. He was not amused when the deal fell flat, but the truth of the matter was that David Moyes did not feel Herrera was worth the €36 million on his buyout clause."

source:- Mr Billy Balague which is pretty much a 100% guarantee.

Who is Billy Balague?! A journalist?

Again, Moyes was not in control of negotiations, Woodward was and pretty much admitted last year that United (he) had failed

Who is Billy Balague?! A journalist?

Again, Moyes was not in control of negotiations, Woodward was and pretty much admitted last year that United (he) had failed

Guillem Balague - the main man in Spanish Football.

There was no negotiations - it was a buy out clause plain and simple - "You want the player its €36m - contractually we have to sell for that".

Woodward was Chief Exec and yes a negotiator - not director of football. Moyes had a straight forward option - "do you want to buy Herrera for €36m? that is his release clause". He said no and spent €36m on Fellaini instead.

Under the same Chief Exec Van Gaal sanctioned the €36m bid.

Guillem Balague - the main man in Spanish Football.

There was no negotiations - it was a buy out clause plain and simple - "You want the player its €36m - contractually we have to sell for that".

Woodward was Chief Exec and yes a negotiator - not director of football. Moyes had a straight forward option - "do you want to buy Herrera for €36m? that is his release clause". He said no and spent €36m on Fellaini instead.

Under the same Chief Exec Van Gaal sanctioned the €36m bid.

I never take a journalists word as fact.

I know there were no negotiations, I've also read that they refused to pay the clause.

I thought that more because of the fuck up from last time.

Anyway, no point arguing with you when Moyes is mentioned :lol:

I never take a journalists word as fact.

I know there were no negotiations, I've also read that they refused to pay the clause.

I thought that more because of the fuck up from last time.

Anyway, no point arguing with you when Moyes is mentioned :lol:

Guillem Balague is the king of ITK.

I do have a downer on Moyes, but I do think that the transfer ditherings especially last season was a big factor.

• 2 weeks later...

According to sky he is injured (foot in plaster) after an incident in training and it's likely to scupper a loan move to Napoli.

Seems he's destined for a quiet few months, probably be gone in January though.

Did anyone hear Phil Neville talking on the beeb about how the transfer from Everton happened (how he tells it anyway)? As we all know it kicked off quite late when Felli put in a transfer request and Neville had already gone home, United were going to send a driver to pick Felli up but as Neville lived close to him he said he'd go get him in his "two seater". Got to Fellaini's place and his dad was coming as well so Felli lay down in the tiny rear seats (so not actually a two seater) while his dad sat in the front and Neville drove like a maniac to get him there in time (Danny Murphy said he could get done by the United fans for "aiding and abetting" :lol:).

Made it (obviously) and when it was all sorted Felli's dad apparently broke down in tears because his son has achieved his childhood dream. He's probably still crying now :P.

Seems he's destined for a quiet few months, probably be gone in January though.

Did anyone hear Phil Neville talking on the beeb about how the transfer from Everton happened (how he tells it anyway)? As we all know it kicked off quite late when Felli put in a transfer request and Neville had already gone home, United were going to send a driver to pick Felli up but as Neville lived close to him he said he'd go get him in his "two seater". Got to Fellaini's place and his dad was coming as well so Felli lay down in the tiny rear seats (so not actually a two seater) while his dad sat in the front and Neville drove like a maniac to get him there in time (Danny Murphy said he could get done by the United fans for "aiding and abetting" :lol:).

Made it (obviously) and when it was all sorted Felli's dad apparently broke down in tears because his son has achieved his childhood dream. He's probably still crying now :P.

He's a prize tit ain't he old fizzer.

He would be that kid at school who helps the pe teacher put the nets up and stuff. Next thing you know he's team captain. Polished boots before every game. Head prefect the lot.

he was really good at pointing though, i'd say world class, up there with the likes of Tony Adams in terms of pointing.

Sir, sir. Please sir, it was him!

In his Everton career (especially the back end) he stole a living. He really was all bravado!

10/11, 11/12 and 12/13 he had more TT man of the match votes than anyone else every season. That's individual members judging each match one at a time over three years (and despite several being dead set against him whatever he did). Not saying ToffeeTalk members are the font of all wisdom but we have a fair cross section. Hate revisionist shit, he was brilliant for us imo.

10/11, 11/12 and 12/13 he had more TT man of the match votes than anyone else every season. That's individual members judging each match one at a time over three years (and despite several being dead set against him whatever he did). Not saying ToffeeTalk members are the font of all wisdom but we have a fair cross section. Hate revisionist shit, he was brilliant for us imo.

Tbh Mike,that highlights why the MOTM award on this forum means nothing. Half the time people probably didn't even see the game but make a vote of the swaying results in front of them.

If he was that good he would have picked up the real awards in at least one of those seasons mentioned.

Tbh Mike,that highlights why the MOTM award on this forum means nothing. Half the time people probably didn't even see the game but make a vote of the swaying results in front of them.

If he was that good he would have picked up the real awards in at least one of those seasons mentioned.

You obviously have a lower opinion of our members than I do; this day and age very few miss watching the games live one way or another. The "real" award is voted for by members of the official site; did you ever see the Blue Room? 90% numpties. I'd back the knowledge (and the ability of people making their own decision without influence) on here against the OS masses any time.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/26555-can-opinions-be-wrong/

Yes.

Neville had a terrible final season, and had some shaky periods in prior seasons, but overall he was half decent given his age. He gave us his all.

There's a certain subsection of football fans who will only remember a player's bad performances, or forever hold a grudge against someone because he left the club or whatever. Neville acted like a professional and did his best to perform on the pitch. That's all I can ask for.

You obviously have a lower opinion of our members than I do; this day and age very few miss watching the games live one way or another. The "real" award is voted for by members of the official site; did you ever see the Blue Room? 90% numpties. I'd back the knowledge (and the ability of people making their own decision without influence) on here against the OS masses any time.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/26555-can-opinions-be-wrong/

Yes.

I'd back the players opinions too. He never got players player either

• 8 months later...