IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Can't we just pretend Hafs on 1999 and therefore get some well needed rest bite, rather than a regurgitation of his previous 2000+ comments. ?

I just hope he gets sold quick to put this thread into the archives.

Interesting point Barry.... regurgitation.

He is a nauseating prick. He forces fans to ingest his continuous shite about wanting to spew it and move away from goodison park.

It's a pity that clubs seem to be baulking at the price tag - otherwise the golden boy would probably have been fucked off by now.

Just like fans staying behind to applaud moyes were treated to his disrespect of our club when he became the United big cheese... this clown will make you wish you never supported him through his periodic bouts of pissiness towards our club.

So.... yeah the thread will probably rumble on for a fair bit after he is sold and he starts taking the piss.

Edited by Hafnia

? enjoy the peace while it lasts Steve.

Rom isn't leaving.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

We want 100m, Chelsea don't want to pay that. Would love to show the rest of the world we're no push overs by holding out for that fee.

People are extorting us out of signings, fuck Chelsea let's take them for all they're worth.

Although if we do keep him we NEED a more creative player behind/beside him.

Edited by AidanLewis

All roads have lead to Rome(lu) for the passed few years, he might not even fit in our team if he stays much longer.

Edited by Chach

All roads have lead to Rome(lu) for the passed few years, he might not even fit in our team this year if he stays much longer.

Quite simply he has to go.

Chelsea are the only club he wants... it appears no one else is bothered about him.

He's clearly on side with Chelsea technical director but conte doesn't want him.

Our squad is taking shape in terms of building for the future... he has no interest in that so for me we need to take whatever we can get. £70m is looking unlikely...

I suppose the handy thing about having a striker with NPD is, he never loses confidence because nothing is ever his fault including when reporters report him smack talking about the club.

image.png
Edited by Chach

I suppose the handy thing about having a striker with NPD is, he never loses confidence because nothing is ever his fault including when reporters report him smack talking about the club.

image.png

Sounds like every politician walking the planet.

He'll never have any affinity with the club, best if he goes.

affinity

əˈfɪnɪti/Submit

noun

a natural liking for and understanding of someone or something.

"he had a special affinity with club"

synonyms: empathy, rapport, sympathy, accord, harmony, like-mindedness; M

image.png

NPD has a huge impact on team mates too... the person is so used to getting their own way that many just give in to them... it's easier to let them get away with it than oppose it.

The workplace is the biggest platform for it. Only when the person goes will people speak out.

If he was a fecker in the dressing room I doubt we'd go out of our way to sign one of his mates (Bolasie). His celebration with Martinez also comes to mind.

Most reports on him go on about how much he loves the game and is eager to learn. He chose Everton over Chelsea his boyhood team, and set out to prove a point. Driven or ambitious would be more fitting.

I think he loves Everton. I really do.

But I also think he has a fantasy in his mind involving Chelsea. It's no secret that it's his favorite club and he wants.

That said, his attitude sucks and he needs to fight in the last quarter of the season of he wants to play for a CL team. I have a feeling he'll be here next season.

Edited by TonkaRoost

If he was a fecker in the dressing room I doubt we'd go out of our way to sign one of his mates (Bolasie). His celebration with Martinez also comes to mind.

Most reports on him go on about how much he loves the game and is eager to learn. He chose Everton over Chelsea his boyhood team, and set out to prove a point. Driven or ambitious would be more fitting.

Chose Everton over Chelsea? They didn't want the lad

I find a lot of people suffer from the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

That's when people believe in their own abilities far beyond what they actually are capable of. It stems from a lack of intelligence. Usually I find in-laws suffer from it the most.

He's a very clever lad, and seems to know his limits which is more telling.

Not true. Mourinho has also backed this up separately.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/483595/Romelu-Lukaku-Chelsea

Backed up what that he had his blessing to go? That article doesn't back up the fact he had no immediate future at Chelsea

The point is he clearly wasn't in their immediate plans hence why he wasn't wanted and why they let him go

Brought in Costa an aged and past it Drogba and Remy which speaks volumes, if they wanted him and with them being his "boyhood" club I'm pretty sure they would have convinced him to stay

Edited by EFC-Paul

From everything I've seen and heard, he's quite a smart cookie. Yes, he has an ego, but so do all good strikers. I really don't get all these negative comments. Rom is a huge asset to the team, appears to get along well with teammates, and is the second leading scorer in the league. This discussion has always been a bit odd, but it's getting more surreal by the moment. We have a tremendous asset here, and I for one really hope he stays (I don't think he will, but I can dream).

From everything I've seen and heard, he's quite a smart cookie. Yes, he has an ego, but so do all good strikers. I really don't get all these negative comments. Rom is a huge asset to the team, appears to get along well with teammates, and is the second leading scorer in the league. This discussion has always been a bit odd, but it's getting more surreal by the moment. We have a tremendous asset here, and I for one really hope he stays (I don't think he will, but I can dream).

Yeah he turned down a new record contract because he's happy with the wages he's on, he's just terribly misunderstood.

What don't you Get? He hasn't shut up about leaving since he came here...

He has continuously disrespected the club by talking about transfers when away on international break every spring...

We offered him £125k a week and he plays games with the media... he calls into question the club's ambition after we announce new stadium... after we spend £29m on his mate.... after we spend £22m on a midfielder....

He was referring to himself as a world class striker... as a complete forward when balls were bouncing off him. He stated that he had nothing to learn from Harry Kane....

Oh yeah... he also completely downed tools when Martinez was fighting for his job.

He's a bit of a nob Steve.... that's putting it mildly.

Edited by Hafnia