IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

That sounds an awful lot like Barkley too tbf. Which is a worry because, despite what you may think, the pair of them are two of our most important players.

Agree here too.

Barkley doesn't seem to have that will at the moment. I don't know whether it is because of his confidence or maybe age, but I hope it's not desire.

Same goes for Lukaku. I think people forget that the two ate pretty much the same age.

Man of the match was McAleny. Who I actually believe has the quality to be a very good player. But it was against Swindon.... Let's not get excited.

Regarding Barkley - he is stronger than Rom, no question. Ball at his feet, pace momentum yes a better player - technically far superior. Are we asking Barkley to be a DM now?

Edited by Hafnia

no I'm asking Rom to be a forward - not Mickey Fuckin Quinn.

He's an Everton player at the moment so lets support him eh? Unbelievable the amount you slate him, honestly is Haf, when in truth he was nowhere near our worst player last season. Yes, he has weaknesses, loads, but while he's our player I'd rather support and encourage him rather than knock him down. He has a lot to learn but he's a good striker and looking at our squad I'm bloody glad we have him as our CF. I personally think he'll have a brilliant season next term. Edited by Geth

He's an Everton player at the moment so lets support him eh? Unbelievable the amount you slate him, honestly is Haf, when in truth he was nowhere near our worst player last season. Yes, he has weaknesses, loads, but while he's our player I'd rather support and encourage him rather than knock him down. He has a lot to learn but he's a good striker and looking at our squad I'm bloody glad we have him as our CF. I personally think he'll have a brilliant season next term.

I support any player in a blue shirt, I do not however subscribe to this ridiculous hero worship of a player with so much to do.

A personal example was my cousins little lad. A very tidy player at 7-9 years of age. I watched him and identied that he was very one footed, didn't work for the team,didn't pass and got up the noses of team mates.

I advised his dad that he could be a decent player if.... To only be told "no, he's gonna make it, messi is one footed, he needs to be told he's gonna make it etc"

Two years on and all his team mates have passed him by. The same old dribbles don't work and other kids have been selected for academies. All because he was told he was pretty much there. He wasn't, his desire to learn was squashed by the false thoughts that he was better than he was.

I will repeat this again. If Rom changes in the way he approaches the game and works harder then I will reserve judgement. Till then I'm afraid he is pretty much going to peak as he is.

I'm sure I've asked before, who are these people? Where do they exist? Has anyone on TT (for examples sake) "worshipped" him? Ive not come across them. And I don't think I'm the only one.

Said similar thing myself yesterday in response to the suggestion that he's being talked up as a Messi. People are arguing against a viewpoint they're creating themselves, not one that actually exists.

Man of the match was McAleny. Who I actually believe has the quality to be a very good player. But it was against Swindon.... Let's not get excited.

Regarding Barkley - he is stronger than Rom, no question. Ball at his feet, pace momentum yes a better player - technically far superior. Are we asking Barkley to be a DM now?

Barkley has equally as many faults as Rom does in my opinion. Had we loaned Ross 2 years ago off Chelsea, then bought him last summer for 28mil i would be a whole lot more pissed and considering it a waste of money then what we have gotten from Lukaku.

I'm sure I've asked before, who are these people? Where do they exist? Has anyone on TT (for examples sake) "worshipped" him? Ive not come across them. And I don't think I'm the only one.

Takes his Lukaku undies off and the semi naked picture I have of him and slowly tip toes backwards out the thread :P

Said similar thing myself yesterday in response to the suggestion that he's being talked up as a Messi. People are arguing against a viewpoint they're creating themselves, not one that actually exists.

Definitely. Ive asked before but never get a response. We might now...

Definitely. Ive asked before but never get a response. We might now...

If you're placing the lad in lists with the very best players in the world you're doing nothing else but comparing and saying hey look Lukaku has scored more goals than Messi at 21. He must be boss.

Nope he's a decent striker but not fit to lace Messi's boots. Forget the list it's useless.

If you're placing the lad in lists with the very best players in the world you're doing nothing else but comparing and saying hey look Lukaku has scored more goals than Messi at 21. He must be boss.

Nope he's a decent striker but not fit to lace Messi's boots. Forget the list it's useless.

As I said yesterday, nobody is placing him in the list, it's just that that's where he is in the list. It's a fact, nobody on TT created it.

Does that mean anyone's saying he's as good as Messi? Of course not.

No one on TT has ever shown any hero worship towards Lukaku, I'd go as far as saying the person you are asking the question to, has infact shown a bigger degree of hero worship towards McCarthy than any member has towards Lukaku ! I think a lot of us have players who we think probably aren't the real deal, but would never constantly pick them to pieces, just doesn't make sence.

But then nor does Billy !

This thread should go back to being about the player.

Your all as bad as each other.

Having digs at Haf all the time then complaining when he bites.

It's a forum and we should all be allowed to voice our opinions......whether they are right or wrong, it doesn't matter.

So is this Lukaku any good or what?

Edited by Shukes