IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I won't accept it - I will not accept a player who talks himself up when he has glaring weaknesses:-

no right foot

lazy

poor in the air

poor control

loses the ball

poor back to goal

loses balance when physically challenged

We have paid well over the odds for him and he doesnt have the humility to keep his trap shut and lets his football do the talking. He scored 10 prem league goals last year (sorry europa but you don't pay the £50m+ in players wages), a return of just under 1 in 4 games.... soz man but i'm not having it.

I will promise this - when I see good things I will shout them out, that is a promise.

Can you compare him to say Soldado then?

Would you be able to break down the player that is Soldado?

Same price. Bit older. More experienced. I'd like to see your take on him?

What else can we take out of his stats to try and dilute his achievements only to find he still has an excellent record before people realise we have a great player at the club?

Looks like he's below average for number of letters in his last name. Alphabetically, he's in the bottom half of the table.

Can you compare him to say Soldado then?

Would you be able to break down the player that is Soldado?

Same price. Bit older. More experienced. I'd like to see your take on him?

Soldado? had no opinion of him before spurs signed him as I wasn't aware of him but looks a complete waste of money - not very good at holding the ball up and lacks commitment and does not work defenders... not sure as to the relevance of that other than the fact that spurs wasted £26m

He is the best striker we've had since the 80's.

Rooney wasn't here long enough for me to take into consideration for that comment. Every other striker from the Prem era has not been as good.

Best strikers we have had since the 80's? In terms of having played for us in 1990 onwards? Based on all round ability etc etc

well he is better than:- Brett angel, bakayoko, amokachi, John Spencer, Stuart Barlow, Michael Branch, Joe Max Moore, Cadamarteri, Mark Hughes, Brian Mcbride, Beattie, AJ, Nick Chadwick, Marcus Bent,

Rooney

Beardsley

Paul Rideout

Tony Cottee

Big Dunc

Radzinski

Saha

Yak

Mike Newell

he's in and around the company above.... but Rooney is beyond comparison to him as was Beardsley. Pick and choose whatever order youy see fit but I aint subscribing to him being the best.

I already gave reason to not include Rooney, wasn't here enough other than as a kid.

Beardsley was a wizard but I always saw him more as a midfielder.

Rideout, seriously?

Cottee was very good, but was only ever in it for himself. No sense of team play in him what so ever. Would be happy to lose if he scored a goal or two, not my opinion, Greame Sharps.

Dunc wasted his own talent. Should have league winners medals, but lost it all himself.

Radzinski, had pace. Nothing else, no better than AJ or Bent.

Saha is one of the best, had everything. Apart from a body that worked. Also past his best when he came to Everton.

Yak, was so good because he didn't give a shit. Then he started to give a shit, lost the mentality after that. As well as his injury too.

Newell, yeah he was good. But just good, nothing more really. Didn't score enough goals.

Anyway, back to Lukaku the mine detecting 'rat'........can anyone find some 'stats' on rats !

I think it would make interesting reading, after all I believe 'Rom' the rat is more likely to approach a mine from 'out wide' unlike a slimmer rat who may well take the more direct route down the middle.

Rats from the 80's tend to all be dead, whilst those from the 90's that didn't step on a mine, well they've probably got all the cheese they can eat and 10'000 kids !

What the fuck are we going to talk about if we sell Rom ?

Anyway, lets give big Rom (the human version) decent service, from midfield and the wings, then we'll know how good he is.If we play like last season...........shit, I don't even want to think about it !!

Good player - Yes

World beater - No not yet

Room for improvement - Most definitely

Does he lack in some of the basics - yes

Does he score goals - Yes

Am I glad he's an Everton player - Yes

Does his ability reflect his price - Yes and No

Can we move on - Please

Edited by EFC-Paul

Mirallas can't be that good either then, right?

Has there ever been any reference to Mirallas and the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Di Maria, Bale etc? I've never once put him in the Elite bracket. Yet people keep mentioning Lukaku in the same breath as the best Strikers in the world even putting him up there with Messi in goals scored list. The lad is decent but not fit to lace any of their boots.

The simple facts here are we paid far too much for a player who's overall game has massive holes in it. Another player who is being overrated who's performances don't match his price tag. Do I think he's good enough for Everton? Currently he's at our standard. Do I think he's good enough for the elite? No - he wouldn't be here if he was.

Has there ever been any reference to Mirallas and the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Di Maria, Bale etc? I've never once put him in the Elite bracket. Yet people keep mentioning Lukaku in the same breath as the best Strikers in the world even putting him up there with Messi in goals scored list. The lad is decent but not fit to lace any of their boots.

The simple facts here are we paid far too much for a player who's overall game has massive holes in it. Another player who is being overrated who's performances don't match his price tag. Do I think he's good enough for Everton? Currently he's at our standard. Do I think he's good enough for the elite? No - he wouldn't be here if he was.

I would argue that he may be below our standard with the potential to be good enough for our standard.

Anyone who thinks he's the next drogba, George weah or top class player really needs to look hard at his game and above all his mentality.

At the age of 21 ronaldo spent a summer working on his physique, practiced his shooting and free kicks, worked on his Sprint technique, got personal chefs as did Gareth bale. This lad spends his time in the sun hanging out with egos.

As far as im aware he has returned up for pre season overweight in all his prem seasons.

I would argue that he may be below our standard with the potential to be good enough for our standard.

Anyone who thinks he's the next drogba, George weah or top class player really needs to look hard at his game and above all his mentality.

At the age of 21 ronaldo spent a summer working on his physique, practiced his shooting and free kicks, worked on his Sprint technique, got personal chefs as did Gareth bale. This lad spends his time in the sun hanging out with egos.

As far as im aware he has returned up for pre season overweight in all his prem seasons.

You could , but you would be talking shite :P

Nobody has compared him ability wise currently (or even potentially) to the players you mention as far as I've seen; it's just been pointed out about how many goals he's scored at his age compared to those guys.

And that's a fact. Nobody is putting him up there, he is there.

You could , but you would be talking shite :P

Maybe diluted expectations is what has made us a club that has gone from being pioneers into perennial outsourcing minnows.

"Oh please stay with us Romelu, we are so lucky to have you, thank you for accepting £70k a week off us whilst you learn how to control a fucking football - on the days you can be arsed. We won't be nasty to you, we will reserve that for the budget buys. We will keep spinning stats that disguise your technical eptitude, if someone quotes you as having been offside more than any other player we will blame Barkley for being slow to pass. If people say you are shit we will tell them you are only 21-22. We hope you stay with us long enough for Martinez to build a team that means you don't have to jump, control it, hold it up or shoot with your right foot. When that happens people will eat their words"

Maybe diluted expectations is what has made us a club that has gone from being pioneers into perennial outsourcing minnows.

"Oh please stay with us Romelu, we are so lucky to have you, thank you for accepting £70k a week off us whilst you learn how to control a fucking football - on the days you can be arsed. We won't be nasty to you, we will reserve that for the budget buys. We will keep spinning stats that disguise your technical eptitude, if someone quotes you as having been offside more than any other player we will blame Barkley for being slow to pass. If people say you are shit we will tell them you are only 21-22. We hope you stay with us long enough for Martinez to build a team that means you don't have to jump, control it, hold it up or shoot with your right foot. When that happens people will eat their words"

See, I told you that you would be talking shite!

:doh:

I would really love to know what the lad has done to you....

:doh:

I would really love to know what the lad has done to you....

Not me, it's other fans. Behaving like we are lucky to have him?! We are Everton for fucks sake. Every argument is all about how we hope he can be this, or potential this and that. It may just be me but I do not see a top level player at all. If he had real hunger then I would reserve judgement as hunger can get him where we want him, I just don't think he has that. He's had too much hype too young. He thinks he's there and he's far off that. Edited by Hafnia

Now that I can agree with Haf.

It's the hunger that he lacks and pure aggressiveness.

To make a top player you need to want to prove your are better than anyone else.

Win every personal duel on the pitch.

He doesn't do that for me. Way too much the nice guy.

Now that I can agree with Haf.

It's the hunger that he lacks and pure aggressiveness.

To make a top player you need to want to prove your are better than anyone else.

Win every personal duel on the pitch.

He doesn't do that for me. Way too much the nice guy.

Why because he doesn't bite people?

Not me, it's other fans. Behaving like we are lucky to have him?! We are Everton for fucks sake. Every argument is all about how we hope he can be this, or potential this and that. It may just be me but I do not see a top level player at all. If he had real hunger then I would reserve judgement as hunger can get him where we want him, I just don't think he has that. He's had too much hype too young. He thinks he's there and he's far off that.

That sounds an awful lot like Barkley too tbf. Which is a worry because, despite what you may think, the pair of them are two of our most important players.

Edited by Romey 1878