IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Well, I think we can all agree that Lukaku will never be a Rooney. That said, Rooney never became the player he (we) hoped he'd be (certainly not on the international stage). I don't care what Lukaku does / doesn't do so long as he scores regularly. Klose did nothing all game and didn't do too badly for himself. Latchford and then Lineker were purely poachers and they had good careers. One thing that would obviate a lot of criticism of Lukaku is if he'd improve in the air: no excuse for a man of his size not to score more with his head (although I accept our crossing / corners / free kicks were / are abject). We still need a bona fide no.10.

Can't get the worship emotions on my phone. But you sir, can have this.

---#&&@%&-#++--#-@((£+£-#----

That's 'I agree'.

As it happens I have played against an ex premium footballer and he wasn't anything physically, skill wise different level. Sean Thornton.

There must be over 1000 professional players registered at English clubs at any one time. So we're talking 1000s of pros since Thornton's time. I doubt, although I may be wrong, Sean Thornton is the one example which encompasses all of these professionals.

The saddest thing about this thread is that after how many years?? that we've all been crying out for a striker, one that can put the ball in the net. Year after year most have been saying "fuck me, if only we had someone to put the ball in the net we'd easily break top 4"

Problem was, we never had the money to buy one or we couldn't attract any break through players because the champions league clubs just bought them all. But now finally we have one. Not only do we have one, we have one who is a raw talent with his best years AHEAD of him, with plenty of time to develop and who has scored consistently for the last 3 seasons in the prem and certain sections of our fans just want to pull him to pieces.

Absolutely fucking shameful. It really is. You'd think we had Man City or Chelseas moneyy or Man Utd pulling power the way some are carrying on, just flog him and get our money back cos there's a fucking queue halfway down Halewood Rd of too draw strikers waiting to take his place.

People need to have a serious word with themselves.

This thread fucking pisses me off.

The saddest thing about this thread is that after how many years?? that we've all been crying out for a striker, one that can put the ball in the net. Year after year most have been saying "fuck me, if only we had someone to put the ball in the net we'd easily break top 4"

Problem was, we never had the money to buy one or we couldn't attract any break through players because the champions league clubs just bought them all. But now finally we have one. Not only do we have one, we have one who is a raw talent with his best years AHEAD of him, with plenty of time to develop and who has scored consistently for the last 3 seasons in the prem and certain sections of our fans just want to pull him to pieces.

Absolutely fucking shameful. It really is. You'd think we had Man City or Chelseas moneyy or Man Utd pulling power the way some are carrying on, just flog him and get our money back cos there's a fucking queue halfway down Halewood Rd of too draw strikers waiting to take his place.

People need to have a serious word with themselves.

This thread fucking pisses me off.

Interesting, as I'm pretty sure you can do a control & f and swap the word lukaku for Barkley. Aside from the specifics to do with a striker.

He scored 17, 15 and 10 in the Prem, that's an average of 14. I wouldn't call it barn storming. Decent enough.

He may well be a great goal scorer. To do that he has to improve considerably IMO. At this moment it's glimpses of ability mixed with periods of uninspiring lethargic "go through the motions".

If he can keep his trap shut, get his head down and realise how much he has to improve then I would have hope. But for me he seems to think he's already there.

Edited by Hafnia

It's sad that all our hopes lie with one striker. We should be looking to bring another one in. Not just a Kone or an Anichebe type someone who has a proven goalscoring record and is coming into the peak of his career.

Exactly. Up till the Newcastle game Rom was ambling through games, not really giving a shit. Martinez dropped him for the only real viable option in Kone and it worked for a bit.

He does need competition but he doesn't like it. As per his need to leave chelsea as he had to be top dog.

So in other words, he never said I want to leave for *insert club here*

Thanks for confirming :)

Ha ha! That's a little desperate isn't? To be that pedantic?!

I'm sure all the fellas would be ok if their wives said "I want to be with a man who earns £2m a year and has a holiday home in Monaco"

I'm sure because they never specified a name it would just be ok. Nah it wouldn't would it...

"They know Im a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea.

I dont have a secret ambition to rejoin there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.

Kinda hurts doesn't it....

"My ex knows I'm pretty good in bed, they know I'm getting my current husband to buy me a boob job and facelift. So that one day I'll be considered fit enough to leave my husband and marry a bloke like my ex"

Pedantic? No. You made a statement, I asked you to back it up, you can't. Simple as that.

Regarding talking to the press haveyou actually forgotten what he said and when he said it??? Obligated?! I'm not too sure he is obligated to state his desires to play for another club whilst under contract here

Can you share the link where he says "I want to leave Everton for *insert team here*"? Not being flippant, just never remember him mentioning a team by name.

Edited by Matt

Ha ha, so he hasn't stated his desires to play for another club no???You keep looking for those technicalities Mr Clinton.

I just asked for black and white proof, which (again) you cannot provide to back up your accusation. Not a technicality, its just statement of fact :)

Edited by Matt

I just asked for black and white proof, which (again) you cannot provide to back up your accusation. Not a technicality, its just statement of fact :)

"They know Im a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea.

I dont have a secret ambition to rejoin there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.

So he wants to play at the top again in the future? Who doesn't?

So he wants to play at the top again in the future? Who doesn't?

So he has stated his desire to play for another club - thank you

It was the timing that pissed me off. Right in the middle of a barren run. Leaving this thread for a while now. Peace.

So he has stated his desire to play for another club - thank you

It was the timing that pissed me off. Right in the middle of a barren run. Leaving this thread for a while now. Peace.

:unsure: No, he didn't. He said he wants to play at the top, at a club like Chelsea (who were on their way to a title at that point). He wants to win titles, but that he needs to develop, what is so wrong with that?!

Timing, I agree, was bad. But we've no idea on what the questions asked where, when the interview actually took place etc.

Either way, you're getting very desperate now in your smear campaign....

Guys don't make it a prove Haf wrong thread.

And Haf, don't make it a prove yourself right thread.

Let's look at facts.

Lukaku had a terrible season in the premier... 10 goals is pitiful. It's something like the 24th top scorer in the league.

Lukaku had a really good season in Euro. Golden boot.

Overall he had an average season.

He is only 22... Like or not it's true.

He did improve his game overall..in my opinion. If he puts a bit of aggression into his game like Btay mentioned then I cam see him being a 20 goal a season player.

He also notes himself that he needs to work harder. Let's give the lad a chance and see of he can live up to his own mouth and become what I'm sure we all want him to be.

I am 100% sure that Haf and MC would love to see Lukaku hit 30 a season. As all of us would. Let's get behind him and Everton now and become that 12th player again

We need some morale on this forum not just the football pitch.

I totally agree with most of what it's been said here. Every time I see a footballer/professional sports player do a dumb statement, I just remember:

- How outspoken I was when I was 18-22

- How relieved I am nobody did not even care about what I had to say at that age

- How I was not a multimillion making walking machine

These kids have agents, move millions and do not have lots of what we call brain. Their advisors and trusted people fool them, steal from them and in most cases say what they want to hear or even tell the kid what (the agent wants) they have to do/say. Even most of them write advice for other young colleagues at theplayerstribune.com!

After many years of being a sports fan, you learn to let them do the talking on the pitch and forget about more or less everything they say outside of it.

Lukaku, or any other, can say how he loves the club and kiss the badge, but if after 6 months he's steering for a transfer, it was not so much love, isn't it? Or he can claim he wants to play the big competitions or be a golden boot, but then a transfer offers and he decides to stay after a chat with the manager. So much of big talk, huh?

To sum up: let him develop. And we talk about him and this because there's no footy and still a few weeks until Everton does another transfer or loan!