IGNORED

Ross Barkley

just a quick one... does anyone think barkley could play as a creative striker a little further up the pitch in the coming seasons? I understand hes already playing as an attacking midfielder but does anyone think we will get more out of him up front setting up a poacher ??

Nope, he's better with people making runs in front of him to bring out his vision and ability to make a pass.

Reading some of those comments make me sick. I really don't want to lose Ross if he's as good as I think he'll be. I wasn't nearly this excited about Rodwell as I am with Barkley.

One of them had their head screwed on right. 27 mil for Felli means 40 mil for Barkley.... Id prefer the 200 mil that we will get from real madrid according to another guy on there.

Idiots. We will see at the end of the season. I hope they get relegated. Id join RC just to remind them of that thread.

Edited by Peter H

Article title in the Express "You can bank on Ross Barkley" - http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/434215/You-can-bank-on-Ross-Barkley-says-Everton-boss-Roberto-Martinez

Article title in the Guardian "England should not pin hopes on Ross Barkley yes, says England Manager" - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/03/england-ross-barkley-roberto-martinez

Same difference eh

Thanks Tom, not a bad read really although most Evertonians know the 'facts' info like that would be of interest to folks who are new to the club. As for his 'position' at 21. Who cares? He is an up and coming talent, lists like that are opinion based, my opinion may differ from yours and someone else will differ again. The important thing in that article is that he is recognised. :)

This is about long term potential and whilst the likes of Baggio have barely played for the first team, his long-term potential is fairly immense. The same goes for Fischer. Wilshere's too old - the cap is 1993.

Incidently, Deulofeu's just been revealed as 16.

It's all subjective of course, but part of the fun of a list like this is to spark debate!

Edited by Tom FBO

This is about long term potential and whilst the likes of Baggio have barely played for the first team, his long-term potential is fairly immense. The same goes for Fischer. Wilshere's too old - the cap is 1993.

Incidently, Deulofeu's just been revealed as 16.

It's all subjective of course, but part of the fun of a list like this is to spark debate!

Personally, i think you've probably over-rated Baggio and Vadillo because of their nationalities. Like Martinez has said before, Barkley doesnt really have a weakness. His only weakness is sometimes his desicion making and that will come with games. He's 6ft 2, built, can pick a pass, can run at people, can score, can assist and is doing all of those things right now, like i say he only needs games.

How many brazlian "wonder kids" have been labelled the next best thing because they are playing well in brazil to then be transferred to Seria A or Russia to then be found out as pretty mediocre. Most english talents are built up the same way and are found wanting when they come to play in the big time. Barkley hasnt, he has flourished.

Last year Barkley battled to get a few minutes for Everton this year he walks into the England squad -

he is obviously talented but while his talents were ignored last season his potential is overexposed this season -

he is in the process of developing into a great player - but the process ain't finished yet ..... so let us not get too over-exited -

he still needs to work on a few flaws

"Now United and Chelsea are set to go ­head-to-head in a battle for the talented teenager. But Moyes holds the trump card because of his former role at Everton."

His role of not picking him and loaning him out....that'll be crucial :huh:.

(Not that he's going anywhere in January, or any time soon....and certainly not for £20m. Derisory)

"Now United and Chelsea are set to go ­head-to-head in a battle for the talented teenager. But Moyes holds the trump card because of his former role at Everton."

His role of not picking him and loaning him out....that'll be crucial :huh:.

(Not that he's going anywhere in January, or any time soon....and certainly not for £20m. Derisory)

I think he'll stay here for as long as he possibly can to see if we can match his ambition and only move if he feels he has to (or we have to sell him).

The one thing that lets Ross down is awareness of players around him while on the ball. This is one proven factor that comes with experience and age.....that's why the boys gonna be epic.

Have to disagree, some of the passes and thro balls he has played have been great for an experienced pro let alone a 18 year old. He will get even better, but I think he has great awareness.

He is fearless and drives forward which sometimes causes problems if he looses possession

Have to disagree, some of the passes and thro balls he has played have been great for an experienced pro let alone a 18 year old. He will get even better, but I think he has great awareness.

He is fearless and drives forward which sometimes causes problems if he looses possession

i interpreted what Brett said as he seems to think he has all the time in the world on the ball, and his awareness of opposition players around him lets him down, which is certainly true. But, that will come with age, as will the playing the ball at the correct time, rather than taking 100 touches and killing a move off