IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Is it fuck down to Martinez. Come on!

Not the Barkley thing directly down to Martinez, he gave him the chance. Barkley is just the player with the contract running down and the stance of "no player will be allowed to run contract down" has to be made, and Barkley's that player.

I believe if it was Lukaku with 1 year left, and Barkley with 2 years, it would be Lukaku given the ultimatum. We cannot let players run the contracts down if they are valuable. Its always been that way for everton (Arteta, Piennar).

I understand that. My issue is that you're presuming to have knowledge of the negotiations (or lack thereof) that you cannot have, because all any of us has is a handful of statements from Koeman and a hell of a lot of conjecture from the press.

i don't presume to have insider info. i'm chatting on an internet forum that likely wouldn't be all that worthwhile unless people shared their thoughts and opinions regardless of the facts at hand. i don't see you going after the Koeman wants to get rid crowd, wheres the fact finding mission to MC's comments? Or does that support your personal opinion so you only go after mine?

i don't presume to have insider info. i'm chatting on an internet forum that likely wouldn't be all that worthwhile unless people shared their thoughts and opinions regardless of the facts at hand. i don't see you going after the Koeman wants to get rid crowd, wheres the fact finding mission to MC's comments? Or does that support your personal opinion so you only go after mine?

Passing the buck Mark?

Not the Barkley thing directly down to Martinez, he gave him the chance. Barkley is just the player with the contract running down and the stance of "no player will be allowed to run contract down" has to be made, and Barkley's that player.

I believe if it was Lukaku with 1 year left, and Barkley with 2 years, it would be Lukaku given the ultimatum. We cannot let players run the contracts down if they are valuable. Its always been that way for everton (Arteta, Piennar).

That is down to the board not Koeman or Martinez.

The only facts we have to go on is that Barkley wasn't offered a contract till april and was given an ultimatum to sign it in may....

Koeman has singled him out for criticism before all this - in a manner that you could accuse him of treating Ross differently.

Barkley has said nothing and just played football in all the time koeman has played this out to the media.

What's to debate? He's been offered a contract and he wont sign it - the media ask him at every opportunity and he answers.

What he's telling everyone is don't flap if he doesn't sign it because he's not ghat good anyway and we'll replace him.

Nothing more nothing less. I think Koeman may be a little pissed off that Barkleys stalling and tring to hold the club to ransom for more money- if he isn't why mot just say he's not signing?

I get the horrible feeling that he will be like a toy you never understood as a kid and you swap it with someone.... they then use it properly and you are like "ahhh that's what you are meant to do"

Haf, that clockwork train you swapped. It had a little key sticking out of the side which you had to wind up before it would go. :D

What's to debate? He's been offered a contract and he wont sign it - the media ask him at every opportunity and he answers.

What he's telling everyone is don't flap if he doesn't sign it because he's not ghat good anyway and we'll replace him.

Nothing more nothing less. I think Koeman may be a little pissed off that Barkleys stalling and tring to hold the club to ransom for more money- if he isn't why mot just say he's not signing?

Do you honestly believe he's not a key player. Nobody knows what the contract offer is! It could be awful. It could be his agent/family telling Barkley not to sign it and hold out for more. Nobody knows.

What I do know is that in my opinion Koeman is trying to force the issue..... Stinks of a manager trying to get shut of a player to bring a new one in!

Edited by MC11

Koeman just answers the press guys questions in his usual fashion. With bluntness and honesty. Unfortunately, the upset here is that the focus of attention is our little diamond.

I'm not reading too much into it other than Barkley doesn't know if he wants to stay and Koeman wants to know so that he can plan for next season.

That makes sense from both parties. And both are entitled to do what they are doing.

It's just a typical football situation. Heightened by the journalists obsession with Barkley. Makes headlines, doesn't it?

These guys are on the training pitch every day together. I'm sure it is all on a very professional, amicable level.

Do you honestly believe he's not a key player. Nobody knows what the contract offer is! It could be awful. It could be his agent/family telling Barkley not to sign it and hold out for more. Nobody knows.

What I do know is that in my opinion Koeman is trying to force the issue..... Stinks of a manager trying to get shut of a player to bring a new one in!

Maybe he does- but he's said on numerous occasions he wants to keep him otherwise we wouldn't of offered him the contract. He's also played him virtually all season but has complained that his productivity needs to be better and to be brutally honest- it does.

If Barkley wasn't one of us and come through the acadamy he wouldn't of gotten half as much patience off the fans MC, he's been average at best all season and if he is holding out for more money then he's not in a great bargaining position as he's been poor at times.

He is replacable and I'd not blink an eye if he were sold. The only bit in me that wants him to stay is because he is one of us. Koeman has just answered questions he was asked- he's hardly actively gone out and said it.

It's too easy to suggest that Barkley is being professional by not speaking out. He may not be speaking out because he's being completely unreasonable behind the scenes and wants the public to think he's being pushed out. Chances are he wants ridiculous wages having seen what Stones did with his move to City and wants Everton to massively increase his wages. Koeman won't want to do that because he doesn't think Barkley is as good as he (Ross) thinks (or his agent) so he's making it public that Everton have offered him a good and reasonable contract. It's up to Barkley to sign it and if he really wanted to stay he would sign as I'm sure his wages will have gone up a lot in the new contract. If he doesn't sign it's because he's either a) greedy or b ) wanting to play CL. Koeman can't control either of those factors so he is gonna get rid.

Edited by MatthewT

If Koeman really was pushing Barkley out then I have no doubt he'd have treated him the same way Mourinho treated Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger. He'd have had no problem whatsoever freezing him out.

He was brutal with Niasse so he would have no problem saying he didn't feature in his plans imo

He was brutal with Niasse so he would have no problem saying he didn't feature in his plans imo

See I think because Ross is a local lad and a hero to may here at the club he cant go about the same as he did with Niasse who was still a new signing and the fans had no feelings for him. Ross is different, he's "one of our own" as per say.

I think Ron wants him to stay but he wont be first choice and I think he's made Ross aware of this, hence the hold up in everything.

Absolutely no way koeman would state Barkley isn't in his plans.

Far too divisive. There are fans like myself who would like to see him with an active front runner. There are fans who think he isn't gonna make the player his potential warrants.

Absolutely no way koeman would state Barkley isn't in his plans.

Far too divisive. There are fans like myself who would like to see him with an active front runner. There are fans who think he isn't gonna make the player his potential warrants.

He might not come out and state it to the media, but it does not mean he's not thinking it. Im with aaron on this, Ross strikes me as though he thinks he is king of the castle a bit and i think Koeman has told him that he is looking for a different type of player than Ross. Dutch managers all tend to play in that 4-3-3 type of a way and Barkley just does not fit into that sort of system, players need to have a much better first touch and be able to move the ball round much quicker than Barkley can. The suspense is killing me!!

See I think because Ross is a local lad and a hero to may here at the club he cant go about the same as he did with Niasse who was still a new signing and the fans had no feelings for him. Ross is different, he's "one of our own" as per say.

I think Ron wants him to stay but he wont be first choice and I think he's made Ross aware of this, hence the hold up in everything.

That's a fair point to be honest. He may not of been as brital and said it differently but I still think he would have said he didn't see him as having a future here.