IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Its an intersting situation isn't it.... Barkley out and we concede goals by the bucket load.

Does he stop other teams committing themselves as much due to his ability to create quick counter attacks? Does this counter threat make teams think twice?

Personally I love watching the lad in full flow, some things are worth more than money, he reminds me of the days when we watched Rooney swagger around as a 17 year old.

You raise a good point there. I think the timing of the injury on the eve of the season really disrupted things simple because of the focal point he plays/was going to play from the off. Doesn't excuse the mistakes that are being made but definitely hit us harder than we probably think.

To be fair Roms run and pass against arsenal was more like....

Rom runs forward, gets the ball stuck in his legs, manages to get it out and by the time he does there is only one option left. Not a good advert for his touch haha.

But on the other hand he does seem to be getting better. I do think he is listening to us and working on it ;-)

Good point about Ross though, we do give him an easier rub because we want him to be great so much.

Edited by Shukes

want Ross back so much. hope he's close to making a comeback. Could really do with either Ross or Pienaar back for some creative flair right now.

Agreed, its one of our 2 big problems at the moment. We can get into the final 3rd and then we look clueless. No imagination, no service, just meaningless passing. I've criticized Ross a few times but really hoping he is the creative boost we desperately need.

Agreed, its one of our 2 big problems at the moment. We can get into the final 3rd and then we look clueless. No imagination, no service, just meaningless passing. I've criticized Ross a few times but really hoping he is the creative boost we desperately need.

This is where I think Martinez failed. He knew Barkley was going to be out for a fair amount of time and he should've brought someone in on loan til January. You're not telling me he doesn't know of someone in Spain who would have filled the criteria?

This is where I think Martinez failed. He knew Barkley was going to be out for a fair amount of time and he should've brought someone in on loan til January. You're not telling me he doesn't know of someone in Spain who would have filled the criteria?

Agreed. Imagine if we had a player in the mould of David Silva or Mata, that final ball to cut open defences. If Barkley can get the ball out of his feet quicker, he will be a massive boost when he returns.

For a team that lacks creativity how many goals have we scored so far?

14, more than any other team in the league.

Yes we will be more creative with with Ross back he has the potential to be a genuine world class player, but I think that Besic will be good at making the transition from defense to attack allot faster.

Naismith has also been a revelation, and I think both Etu and Lukaku will score many many goals for us.

I look forward to seeing Atsu and McGeady getting lots of game time, although I wish it wasn't at the expense of Mirallas who has been so important for us.

Edited by London Blue

For a team that lacks creativity how many goals have we scored so far?

14, more than any other team in the league.

Sorry but you're looking at the the goals against column I think. We've scored twelve, second to Chelsea and tied with City.

Conceded fourteen, which is indeed the highest in the league.

Agreed. Imagine if we had a player in the mould of David Silva or Mata, that final ball to cut open defences. If Barkley can get the ball out of his feet quicker, he will be a massive boost when he returns.

For me it's not the final ball we're missing when he's not involved. It's the driving runs through the middle on the counter.

He would have cut Liverpool open yesterday!