IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I've always had a problem with injury side of things under Martinez. You can go back to January and see I wasn't impressed then.

Martinez has been very specific about Mirallas, he is quoted in the Telegraph today as saying 'it is an injury that will keep him out for a while'.

Reminds me of the old joke about the Irish navvies laying paving stones. A retired engineer is watching and says to Paddy 'when I worked, we used to have to measure things to a thousandth of an inch'. Paddy said 'that would be no good for us, we have to be 'spot on'.

Martinez has been very specific about Mirallas, he is quoted in the Telegraph today as saying 'it is an injury that will keep him out for a while'.

Reminds me of the old joke about the Irish navvies laying paving stones. A retired engineer is watching and says to Paddy 'when I worked, we used to have to measure things to a thousandth of an inch'. Paddy said 'that would be no good for us, we have to be 'spot on'.

About time then. Maybe he's learnt that all his "soft tissue injuries" have lead to more confusion than they should. Just say it as it is. If he's out for a long time just say that.

It's all the bollocks about "being assessed" "progress is quicker than usual" just Fukin say he's out for at least 6 months. Job done and we all move on.

Edited by MiguelCotto

I think Besic can be creative, and Naisy is good at creating space for others.

But we will miss Mirallas and Ross.

Dont get me wrong Im excited to watch Besic, but he seems to be a bit hit and miss. Hes got all the potential in the world, but has a lot to learn.

Dont get me wrong Im excited to watch Besic, but he seems to be a bit hit and miss. Hes got all the potential in the world, but has a lot to learn.

He's 21 (or 22, I can't remember), so that's what you'd expect. Doesn't mean you can't get excited. Barkley's very hit and miss but that doesn't stop us praising him and getting excited about him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29678023

Martinez added: "Eight days ago it was not an option that he would be starting this game but on Thursday he put the ball in the top corner and scored three goals in a little exercise we did. It was his way of letting everybody know he was ready to be on the pitch.

Oh and he already has as many assists this season as he got all last season - one.

Edited by Romey 1878