IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Are the Lukaku quotes real?

"He has something that none of us have. I can't explain it. He's the best player in our team"

Romelu Lukaku on Barkley

If true he does pretty much sum it up. What he has is raw natural talent with a sack full of fearlessness.

The media do the same thing whenever one of our players impresses without fail. Barkley, Stones, Coleman, McCarthy, Baines, Rodwell, Rooney, the list is endless. "Well they're too good to be playing for little old Everton, who can we flog them off to?" Its not exactly been a secret we haven't had a pot to piss in for years either so we've been a soft target for lazy journo's. Historically we've had one, maybe two stand out players though & now we've pretty much got a team full. Why would Ross want to go anywhere else? Edited by BlueBlood81

The media do the same thing whenever one of our players impresses without fail. Barkley, Stones, Coleman, McCarthy, Baines, Rodwell, Rooney, the list is endless. "Well they're too good to be playing for little old Everton, who can we flog them off to?" Its not exactly been a secret we haven't had a pot to piss in for years either so we've been a soft target for lazy journo's. Historically we've had one, maybe two stand out players though & now we've pretty much got a team full. Why would Ross want to go anywhere else?

All clubs below the "media elite" suffer from this. Our players are highlighted more because of the financial situation and because we hover in and around the "elite".

I would be very surprised to see anyone attempt to get Barkley. With the fair play rules nobody can really afford him without selling big or bending the rules again.

I honestly believe if we can get Barkley and Stones tied down to 5 year contracts over the next two seasons we're looking at least a combined £90m+ before both can leave.

Poor Southampton will be getting another dose of this soon.

The press have seen Lovren, Lallana, and Lambert go and do a distinctly average but expensive job at anfield - next up will be Pelle and Tadic.

Not every good player is for every team.

I know there's a redshite thread but this lot cracks me up. How bad have the, majority, of their dealings been over the last decade or so? All this excitement when Balotelli signed (a 4 club reject!)...only they could get excited by selling a 70m player and replacing with him!!! Gold!!

All clubs below the "media elite" suffer from this. Our players are highlighted more because of the financial situation and because we hover in and around the "elite".

I would be very surprised to see anyone attempt to get Barkley. With the fair play rules nobody can really afford him without selling big or bending the rules again.

I honestly believe if we can get Barkley and Stones tied down to 5 year contracts over the next two seasons we're looking at least a combined £90m+ before both can leave.

Barkley has just signed a new deal mate.

Poor Southampton will be getting another dose of this soon.

The press have seen Lovren, Lallana, and Lambert go and do a distinctly average but expensive job at anfield - next up will be Pelle and Tadic.

Not every good player is for every team.

They're not doing too badly without them though to be fair.

Barkley has just signed a new deal mate.

He signed a 2/3 year extension to his current deal. Which I think keeps him here until 2017/18. However over the next couple of seasons he's going to vastly improve and that's when teams will come knocking again ( for real). We need to be in the driving seat on this deal if was ever going to happen. Another contract signed next season or the season after keeping him here for another 5 years would only bolster our position. Same with Stones - they are our assets.

He signed a 2/3 year extension to his current deal. Which I think keeps him here until 2017/18. However over the next couple of seasons he's going to vastly improve and that's when teams will come knocking again ( for real). We need to be in the driving seat on this deal if was ever going to happen. Another contract signed next season or the season after keeping him here for another 5 years would only bolster our position. Same with Stones - they are our assets.

He signed a brand new 5 year deal didn't he?

Either way he has a full 5 years on his current deal we don't need to re-sign him for at least another 2 probably 3 years.

He signed a brand new 5 year deal didn't he?

Either way he has a full 5 years on his current deal we don't need to re-sign him for at least another 2 probably 3 years.

He signed a 4 year deal. He already had 2 years to run on his old one though. So in reality a 2 year extension with better terms.

Has anyone else noticed how many times in the last 2 games (Lille and Burnley) the Barkley has lost the ball in our final 3rd and set up an attack from the opposition putting us under pressure mostly by arsing about with a fancy flick or whatever.

We'll get punished for it soon if he doesn't cut it out.

Has anyone else noticed how many times in the last 2 games (Lille and Burnley) the Barkley has lost the ball in our final 3rd and set up an attack from the opposition putting us under pressure mostly by arsing about with a fancy flick or whatever.

We'll get punished for it soon if he doesn't cut it out.

It's no nothing new, he's an exciting player because he tries to make (unexpected) things happen, and that's what he's there to do. You just have to grin and bear it when he fucks up, because it's so sweet when it comes off.

It's no nothing new, he's an exciting player because he tries to make (unexpected) things happen, and that's what he's there to do. You just have to grin and bear it when he fucks up, because it's so sweet when it comes off.

I've no problem with him fucking up or trying something but when he just passes a ball 10 yards to one of their players inour final 3rd as we're defending a corner say or whatever and it catches us out pushing forward it's an idiotic thing to do. He done it 2 or 3 times against Lille and same today.

They had a corner, we cleared it fell to him and we bombed out the area. Alls he had to do was bring it under control andpush forward. He had no one near him so it wasn't like he was forced into the error and he tried to do a stupid side foot keepy up with it lost control of it and then passed it straight to them 10 yards from our 18 yard box. He done the same at Lille twice.

I love Barkley but he needs to cut that out big time because it's gonna go tits up on us big time sooner or later

Did anyone notice that picture of Barkley in the echo? He looks like a mutant in a horror film.

Edited by Iamryanstover

• 3 weeks later...

“Yes, why not? I think that they could. They have incredible physical capabilities and they are good technically"

In other words interviewer has specifically asked about those two players. Given that there isn't too much to get excited about with the England team at present it's not surprising they were the examples.

The reality is far different. Sterling is not as good as he is made out to be. Barcelona had Pedro playing for them aged 20/21 and was far better than what we see from Sterling.

I think Xavi is a very polite player who isn't likely to say anything negative. As much as I love Barkley I'm not all of a sudden going to elevate my appraisal of him.