IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

On 10/05/2024 at 07:45, Matt said:

Because it's conceding out of convenience or some deal. We should've fought our defence to the end and cleared our name a bit. 

There was probably some behind-the-scenes deal - for example, regarding interest payments on the new stadium. If this is the case, I really hope the deal is documented so the league can't renege on us.

Arteta joined Everton in 2005 for £2m after a successful spell on loan from Sociedad.

“Straight away, you connect with the team; you connect with the players; you connect with the staff; you connect with the supporters and it flows. And that feeling is needed,” he says.

“You feel confident, you feel excited every morning to get off your bed and go to training. I loved every minute."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c2qvqn03z4vo

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Arteta joined Everton in 2005 for £2m after a successful spell on loan from Sociedad.

“Straight away, you connect with the team; you connect with the players; you connect with the staff; you connect with the supporters and it flows. And that feeling is needed,” he says.

“You feel confident, you feel excited every morning to get off your bed and go to training. I loved every minute."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c2qvqn03z4vo

And we loved every minute he gave us. 

Going by the replies from Evertonian's saying how bad their stuff is due to the 'two-tier' kits they make - pay through the nose for an exact replica of what the players wear or pay through the nose for a tatty version they do for slightly less - and the Villa fans saying good luck because they're shite... I'm not thinking it's going to go well.

I'll hold off making a judgement until I've got one in my hands to see for myself.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Going by the replies from Evertonian's saying how bad their stuff is due to the 'two-tier' kits they make - pay through the nose for an exact replica of what the players wear or pay through the nose for a tatty version they do for slightly less - and the Villa fans saying good luck because they're shite... I'm not thinking it's going to go well.

I'll hold off making a judgement until I've got one in my hands to see for myself.

Said it before, but the Castore stuff I have for McLaren is absolutely top notch...like you say though, judgement reserved.

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m hoping for a miracle here, but Castore having the rights to Umbro would be nice to see us wear an Umbro kit. 
It’s also Umbro’s 100th anniversary this year. What better opportunity to celebrate them and Goodison Park together. 

But no. Not happening. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’m hoping for a miracle here, but Castore having the rights to Umbro would be nice to see us wear an Umbro kit. 
It’s also Umbro’s 100th anniversary this year. What better opportunity to celebrate them and Goodison Park together. 

But no. Not happening. 

when I was a kid my first football boots that had a logo were Umbro, I remember playing my first game in them for Walcott boys club I thought I was the dogs bollocks🙂

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

when I was a kid my first football boots that had a logo were Umbro, I remember playing my first game in them for Walcott boys club I thought I was the dogs bollocks🙂

I had a pair of Umbro Speciali when I was a teenager. Obviously grew out of them. When I was in my 20s I found a pair online in my size and bought them. They are still in the garage now, but the once lovely soft leather is now very dry. Can’t throw them away though, and I’ll never be able to wear them again. Guess I’m sentimental. 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

I had a pair of Umbro Speciali when I was a teenager. Obviously grew out of them. When I was in my 20s I found a pair online in my size and bought them. They are still in the garage now, but the once lovely soft leather is now very dry. Can’t throw them away though, and I’ll never be able to wear them again. Guess I’m sentimental. 

Pretty sure you can treat the leather. Maybe ask a cobblers?

6 hours ago, StevO said:

Take them to the repair shop mate Jay Blades and his team will have them looking brand new in no time.  

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

That's a wrap on another season and I'm immensely proud of the players and the management. That isn't something I expected to be saying after a season of two points deductions and one hell of a bad run of form.

We've faced a lot of adversity this season. Some of it we brought on ourselves but the majority of it was thrust upon us by others, and I think it would have been the end of other teams and other fan bases. They'd have sunk without a trace. Not Everton Football Club and not Evertonians though. We responded magnificently on the whole and fought for everything we've earned this season. Nothing has been handed to us. In fact, we've had nothing but people try and take away what we've earned. For all their efforts they couldn't break us and they've only made us all stronger.

I'm going to enjoy the summer break now and hope that Everton don't find a way to hurt me without even playing.

Up the fucking toffees!

Echo this. Ultimately it was refreshing to enjoy the last few games of the season without the cloud of relegation.

Todays game showed there’s some fight in the team to put in that kind of shift.

If we deal with the off field distractions that we had this season any of the last 2 seasons we get relegated comfortably. Unfortunately we will have at least 1 more season to fight through but I truly believe we can do it as long as we stick together.

Credit to the players, the managment but also the fans who’s patience & support is outstanding.

On 18/05/2024 at 10:00, Romey 1878 said:

Meanwhile, Villa have gotten rid of Castore after they were a bit of a nightmare for them and changed to Adidas.

On 19/05/2024 at 08:23, Matt said:

Pretty sure you can treat the leather. Maybe ask a cobblers?

You can, Vaseline will do it and then a good old fashioned coat of dubbin. But I’ll never wear them so they can live forever on a shelf next to the pair I wore at Goodison Park. Never to kick a ball again. 

26 points was needed this season, Just read, and checked, that we achieved this by the time we'd played Burnley. 

I mean the Burnley away game, December 16th. We had 26 points before Christmas. Took us an age to recover the points taken off us, but we also confirmed at 26 points at the home game Vs Burnley, April 6th.