IGNORED

Gareth Barry

Everton knew what they were getting into when they signed him so pay up or get out simple as that.

Ai. But why Negotiate to pay £2 million if we sign him? That is either inaccurate or a crap idea of a deal.

But yeah...We obviously agreed to it so it's a bit naughty to try and wriggle free of it. Unless there has been some wires crossed between the club's.

Everton knew what they were getting into when they signed him so pay up or get out simple as that.

Exactly, it's pretty straight forward. We either paid it last summer or this summer if we take him on after they subsidised us last season. Pay it or leave it, but Barry for £2m is a bargain for me.

Everton official account announced signing of Gareth Barry on a 3 year deal. Good news, as long as his wages are reasonable (I'm a little skeptical of giving him a three year deal, but I imagine he'll still be useful as a squad player at least by the end of year 3).

I still think we need to sign at least one more central midfielder given the increased number of games, the injury record of Gibson, and the fact that Osman looked like he was beginning to fade in his ability at some points last season, unless we expect Lundstram, Ledson, or another young player to play a significant role (regular appearances).

Made up.

Whenever McCarthy played without Barry he looked like a rabbit in front of headlights so this signing will aid his development just as much as it'll aid the rest of the team. On a free this is a bargain - woohoo! :).

Three years is very surprising.

Del Piero is 39 and angling for a move to Celtic, I know it's not the same as moving to the Premier League but the saying rings true - ''If you can still do it...''

Edited by Zoo

So right it's taken this long to get done ;).

hes supposedly turned down more lucrative deals for us, Id guess it was pissing about with City thats held things up.

Just another point, how well hidden was this despite it being an obvious one? Just makes me think we'll have plenty of others lined up and that we should just keep the faith rather than following the media bullshit...

hes supposedly turned down more lucrative deals for us, Id guess it was pissing about with City thats held things up.

Just another point, how well hidden was this despite it being an obvious one? Just makes me think we'll have plenty of others lined up and that we should just keep the faith rather than following the media bullshit...

I hope you're right on all counts here, Matt, and this underwhelming (IMO) first transfer kicks off our proper business now.

No doubt, I just want our real business to start now. I don't even really count Barry as a signing in all honesty, he's not an addition and additions are what we truly need.

I still think we ought to sign a few for the future first... Especially a few U-21 goalkeepers, right? :P