IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

How long have they got on their contracts? Be good if we could cancel their contracts and they can go on free transfers. Wishful thinking I know 

What would be the benefit of cancelling their contracts? We’d still have to pay the rest of their wages 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Clubs cancel players contracts all the time. That’s up to the club, player and agent to agree to a deal obviously that works for all parties. 

If they’ve done something wrong usually. But I see what you mean, like negotiate a sooner end to the existing contract

2 hours ago, Matt said:

What would be the benefit of cancelling their contracts? We’d still have to pay the rest of their wages 

If the player agrees to a mutual termination, then any future wages are forfeit. If the players contract is terminated without an agreement in place (i.e. - a sacking) then any wages owed would have to be paid outright. 

The fact that Bolasie, Martina and Niasse won't find the wages they are currently on elsewhere makes staying at Everton a lucrative proposition. Why move to another club for a fraction of the money when you have a guaranteed income where you are? Everton won't be too interested in paying them up early either as in an absolute crisis players like Oumar can be used. 

Taking the emotion out of it, you'd do the same in the shoes of some of these players. If you were employed at Parma for example on £100,000 a week would you walk away from it simply because the fans didn't want you there? A contract is agreed by two parties, don't offer it if you don't want to see it through. 

4 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

If the player agrees to a mutual termination, then any future wages are forfeit. If the players contract is terminated without an agreement in place (i.e. - a sacking) then any wages owed would have to be paid outright. 

The fact that Bolasie, Martina and Niasse won't find the wages they are currently on elsewhere makes staying at Everton a lucrative proposition. Why move to another club for a fraction of the money when you have a guaranteed income where you are? Everton won't be too interested in paying them up early either as in an absolute crisis players like Oumar can be used. 

Taking the emotion out of it, you'd do the same in the shoes of some of these players. If you were employed at Parma for example on £100,000 a week would you walk away from it simply because the fans didn't want you there? A contract is agreed by two parties, don't offer it if you don't want to see it through. 

Ambition? Self respect? Pride? Faith in your own ability?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, c1982 said:

In a 4-4-2, he may find himself as a back-up option next season. I can’t see there being a queue of teams in for him (mainly due to what £££ he must be on) and I can’t see us signing too many players, so he may just find himself a place in the squad - to the annoyance of many!!!

honestly i had forgotten about this guy!  it will be interesting to see when Carlo gets all the loaned players back this summer if he decides to stick with any (Bolasie, Besic, Sandro?) or if he does the same as previous managers and wants rid.  you're right, maybe he could be a bench option, we desperately need RW players, he and walcott could rotate over there.  i wonder what his speed is like after that injury, he was a bulldozer on the right and fast, he just needs to work on his crossing and link up play.

16 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Coronavirus has a lot to answer for if we’re stuck with him being even part of the squad.

Utter, utter shite. 

Agreed!

If Bolasie is good enough for a spot on the bench, we are in more trouble than I thought!

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I try my hardest to forget some of shite we still have here. It’s not good for my blood pressure otherwise :lol:.

Hard to believe we're where we're at after finishing 5th in Martinez' first season. There was so much hope back then. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/yannick-bolasie-everton-transfer-news-18717834

Banished to train with the U23's apparently. Its probably the right level for him but still a little bit of a surprise that Carlo isn't having a look at him first.

Crazy that he is on £70k a week.

What’s there to look at it? It’s not like he’s new or just starting out.