IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie

6 hours ago, StevO said:

Both clubs and the player will all have to agree to it. 

Cheers StevO, had looked at a few articles and they only mentioned Bolasie clarifying he emailed Villa to cancel it and not the other way round but there was no mention of us. 

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

well shit, sounds like the loan went badly.  

He's had a fair amount of minutes, subbed on for about the first 10 and then started the next 10. But I've not watched though if them go comment on his performances so unsure if they thought he was doing a good enough job and that's why he was starting or they were just gambling he'd come good if they got him fully fit. 

24 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Cheers StevO, had looked at a few articles and they only mentioned Bolasie clarifying he emailed Villa to cancel it and not the other way round but there was no mention of us. 

He's had a fair amount of minutes, subbed on for about the first 10 and then started the next 10. But I've not watched though if them go comment on his performances so unsure if they thought he was doing a good enough job and that's why he was starting or they were just gambling he'd come good if they got him fully fit. 

I watched one game he was playing on the left and cutting in he looked fairly good in the build up when they were going forward, but when it required him to deliver the final ball or go for the shot that’s where he was poor, pretty much like how he was here really couldn’t deliver were it matters. 

But that was only one game on sky I had completely forgot he was there to be honest saw his name in the line up and thought I would see how he got on. 

12 hours ago, pete0 said:

I saw that too, weird if all parties involved in the contract don’t have to agree. 

The everton website seems to quote “he” excercised his right. 

10 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I'm pissed off that Bolassie was able to request the return, and were picking up the full wages again. Ever the optimist I hope there's another deal going on which has been disclosed yet, and by deal I mean sale.

He probably thinks he's got a chance or getting back in the team based on our results😉

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Steve Walsh fucked this club over so hard, Brands is doing the Lord's work, he truly is. 

Weren't we all praising Walsh when we managed to dump the likes of Gibson, Pienaar and Oviedo on Sunderland? I'm not saying I was a fan of Walsh, but I'll be interested to see if the tide starts to turn on Brands if we don't sign anyone over January.

13 hours ago, Vranny said:

Weren't we all praising Walsh when we managed to dump the likes of Gibson, Pienaar and Oviedo on Sunderland? I'm not saying I was a fan of Walsh, but I'll be interested to see if the tide starts to turn on Brands if we don't sign anyone over January.

3 players is nothing, brands loaned out close to 12 players this summer, that is amazing.  Walsh did some good, PickfordGylfi Keane Gana Lookman DCL the highlights for me.  But he bought too mnay expensive clankers Bolasie Tosun Walcott Schniederlin Williams Martina Klaassen Rooney Sandro.  that's about a 55% success rate and Lookman and DCl haven't come good yet so it's even lower if you're counting actual play now talent.

Brands got Gomes Richarlison Mina Digne Bernard.  The only clanker so far is Mina and the jury is still out, Gomes is a loan so even if he doesn't light it up i can't count that against him.  and he has started most matches.

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It would make sense if Palace contacted his agent and his agent told him terminate your loan at Villa and Palace are going to make an approach. 

Please be that’s what’s happened 

at this point don't even worry about recouping money, just get him gone and take what they will give and free the wages and spot on the team.  we need to get the dead wood out the door, moshiri needs to accept he will take some big losses.

11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

at this point don't even worry about recouping money, just get him gone and take what they will give and free the wages and spot on the team.  we need to get the dead wood out the door, moshiri needs to accept he will take some big losses.

Your right Mark we are not going to see much return on a 100M plus of poor signings, but just to get rid and save on their wages is a bonus  

12 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

3 players is nothing, brands loaned out close to 12 players this summer, that is amazing.  Walsh did some good, PickfordGylfi Keane Gana Lookman DCL the highlights for me.  But he bought too mnay expensive clankers Bolasie Tosun Walcott Schniederlin Williams Martina Klaassen Rooney Sandro.  that's about a 55% success rate and Lookman and DCl haven't come good yet so it's even lower if you're counting actual play now talent.

Brands got Gomes Richarlison Mina Digne Bernard.  The only clanker so far is Mina and the jury is still out, Gomes is a loan so even if he doesn't light it up i can't count that against him.  and he has started most matches.

Trust me, it was more than just 3 players he got rid of ;) The cynic in me just expects us to be bringing in a new DoF another few years down the road, at which time we’ll be celebrating him clearing out Brands deadwood :P I’d rather wait several more months before branding Brands a saviour myself (the same goes for writing off Silva too). 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Smith added: “He showed periods of the class that he’s got, just not as consistent as he would have liked, hence him ‘recalling’ himself.

Doesn't make sense to me. If he's struggling yet Villa are playing him every week why risk coming back here and potentially slowing down his recovery in the reserves.