IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

yep he's been a centre back. plus he's young, and he doesn't play due to gareth "must play clause" barry and james "faux world beater" mccarthy.

I can't remember, but I guess Roberto's the one who first saw in him a DM? In any case, the BiH manager seems also to have moved him permanently to DM. Carefully intending to make no skills-comparison, I'd say positionally he was used in BiH's 2 recent Euro qualifiers as a "Pirlo," deep-lying, play and pass from centre of pitch in front of defenders, pushing forward with controlled dribbling.

I can't remember, but I guess Roberto's the one who first saw in him a DM? In any case, the BiH manager seems also to have moved him permanently to DM. Carefully intending to make no skills-comparison, I'd say positionally he was used in BiH's 2 recent Euro qualifiers as a "Pirlo," deep-lying, play and pass from centre of pitch in front of defenders, pushing forward with controlled dribbling.

yes and that's exactly what i've said, he's like a poor man's busquets, he can defend and pass and move the ball. we woudln't need 2 sitting DCM's with him. But Barry has to retire first, and Mccarthy has to be sold otherwise he's just redunant for a team not playing CL.

New GK

COleman Stones Jags Baines

Besic Barkley

Lennon Gerry Mirallas

Lukaku

That's what i want.

yes and that's exactly what i've said, he's like a poor man's busquets, he can defend and pass and move the ball. we woudln't need 2 sitting DCM's with him. But Barry has to retire first, and Mccarthy has to be sold otherwise he's just redunant for a team not playing CL.

New GK

Besic Barkley

Lennon Gerry Mirallas

Lukaku

That's what i want.

I'm unwilling just yet to advocate getting rid of either Besic or McCarthy. I'm ok -- this season -- sticking with 3 DCM's in the squad, as long as RM does some rotating, as surely (surely) he will if we last in the League and FA cups awhile. I trust that RM actually, really does intend to "bring Besic along." Ok, then do it, some.

I guess RM's attachment to 2 DCMs must be a function of the plan for Coleman and Baines -- both, a lot -- to get forward. Now even under that plan, I'd prefer one DCM, even, heaven forgive me for these words, if that single DCM must very occasionally be Barry.

But my preference for a single DCM is itself a function of my (and many others') preference for Barkley to play (full stop) and play middle of the action, not way forward like a 10.

As to our missing 10, I wouldn't mind hearing your and others' comments on Deulofeu in that role for this season. I do think Lennon is the better choice RW, as he'll track back much more willingly and effectively than Deulofeu. As for Mirallas tracking back on the left, cross fingers, pray, and cuss.

Can Deulofeu be our 10? Is it obviously worth a try?

Edited by Elston Gunnn

I'm unwilling just yet to advocate getting rid of either Besic or McCarthy. I'm ok -- this season -- sticking with 3 DCM's in the squad, as long as RM does some rotating, as surely (surely) he will if we last in the League and FA cups awhile. I trust that RM actually, really does intend to "bring Besic along." Ok, then do it, some.

I guess RM's attachment to 2 DCMs must be a function of the plan for Coleman and Baines -- both, a lot -- to get forward. Now even under that plan, I'd prefer one DCM, even, heaven forgive me for these words, if that single DCM must very occasionally be Barry.

But my preference for a single DCM is itself a function of my (and many others') preference for Barkley to play (full stop) and play middle of the action, not way forward like a 10.

As to our missing 10, I wouldn't mind hearing your and others' comments on Deulofeu in that role for this season. I do think Lennon is the better choice RW, as he'll track back much more willingly and effectively than Deulofeu. As for Mirallas tracking back on the left, cross fingers, pray, and cuss.

Can Deulofeu be our 10? Is it obviously worth a try?

arsenal's fullbacks attack and they play 451, with one holding mid arteta/coquelin who is also a playmaker. this whole 2 DCM thing is a myth. same with Man city, Fernandinho is the only DCM, yaya doesn't defend he's box to box like ross would be in the lineup i put above.

Edited by markjazzbassist

New GK

Besic Barkley

Lennon Gerry Mirallas

Lukaku

That's what i want.

Barkley with Besic?

would be exciting, we'd need to score five to win the game, but exciting non the less.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...