IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

Well that shitty player made more of an impact in 5 minutes than Rom.

Incredible isn't it, the likes of Kone and origi, less touted players have been doing more than the superstar.

Strange one. They probably don't have those mega impressive games like Rom, but they don't have the "can't be fuckin arsed" ones either.

Hopefully this leandro lights a fire under roms arse. Him sat on the bench watching leandro and kone May do the trick.

Who said shitty? that's your opinion :P

Just pointed out that he had a really bad season. If that was Rom, (good attitude, poor goal scoring record) in a season, people would be calling for his head. I have no doubts.

Yes rom's attitude isn't always the best, but he does score goals. And if we're comparing him to Origi (aha), I know who i'd rather have EVERY day of the week.

Onto Besic. I want him to have more of a run of games, however in the games he has played in, he does compromise our style weirdly (as he's technically a much better player than people give him credit for).

Just pointed out that he had a really bad season. If that was Rom, (good attitude, poor goal scoring record) in a season, people would be calling for his head. I have no doubts.

Yes rom's attitude isn't always the best, but he does score goals. And if we're comparing him to Origi (aha), I know who i'd rather have EVERY day of the week.

Onto Besic. I want him to have more of a run of games, however in the games he has played in, he does compromise our style weirdly (as he's technically a much better player than people give him credit for).

thank you. he makes mccarthy look like a thick bully. besic has steel and can pass, i would have sold mccarthy the minute spurs came calling, he's not been the same and we could use the money elsewhere (looking at 10).

he's class and needs to be played more.

But he's only 19....

the problem with besic is he doesn't score goals and hasn't got a brain everything else he's got.

so hopefully martinez can educate him he's still young enough to learn.

neither do mccarthy or barry!! he's a DCM goals aren't his aim. snuffing out attacks, and transitioning the ball to attack is. he does both of those well. mccarthy does one of them well.

BiH still have chance to qualify for Euro playoff round, but they have to win final 2 matches. Next match, home to Wales, is winnable, but Besic has been a key player, deep-lying mid, an organizer. Assuming he's now suspended for that match, he's very foolishly hurt his team. Maybe a long-term benefit to Everton, as he needs to learn he cannot lash out, and here he's forced to learn it outside the EPL context.

I hope he can learn it, as I like what he offers. He has good vision, can make the long pass, very good dribbler, including under pressure. He pivots skillfully out of pressure. Strong tackler, but will draw refs' warnings and cards.

New to the site so hello all. Watching Besic's meltdown reminded me of why he doesn't play regularly when fit. These types of stupid little antics hurt his team. I don't rate Besic as I think he doesn't anticipate where to be ahead of the play, gets caught on the wrong side or too high and seems to have to chase the ball and player using his speed to catch up. Thus the niggly fouls and the slide tackles that the Everton faithful seem to like.

If he ever calms down and learns to read a game I think he would be way more effective offensively and especially defensively. I also can't see both McCarthy and him in the lineup as both tend to run around like headless chickens too much of the game for me.

im sure he will improve and get better but he needs to do it this year or he will be gone.

He does have some great attributes he just needs to learn the game.

Lots of young players are silly but grow out of it.

I'm not sure how he's supposed to improve and get better when Barry and McCarthy are clearly Roberto's preferred two, meaning his game time will be extremely limited.

Am I the only one who thought it was a harsh red card and a mark of how the game is turning out now?

He gets cut down by the type of tackle that could break a leg....and throws a piece of chewing gum in the players general direction.......and he gets the red card.

I thought it was harsh but if you do something as petulant as that you leave yourself wide open

FFS he's a petulant 22yo! Let's not get carried away here. He's a more than useful footballer with a peccadillo in the form of a childish response to a potential career-ending tackle.

We are all here to learn lessons.........so sayeth the Maharishi Yogi. I'm 68 yo and am here this time to learn patience. I'll have to retake this particular existence 'cos I ain't doin' so well.

Besic on the other hand will grow out of this particular problem......he's a kid, give him a bit of wriggle room.

Am I the only one who thought it was a harsh red card and a mark of how the game is turning out now?

He gets cut down by the type of tackle that could break a leg....and throws a piece of chewing gum in the players general direction.......and he gets the red card.

Yes. Also, seeing myself in his shoes, I would have lost my shit, too, if some bricklayer almost took my career from me with a shit tackle.

Playing against these shit teams really sucks. I'm always dreading it whenever the U.S. plays Honduras and the like.

I haven't seen him play enough to decide whether he has enough in him. But he looks a very good dribbler, especially in tight situations where he's required to pivot away from defender. Good passer, some effective long passes.

Thinking of an eventual pairing of him with McCarthy -- which may or may not ever happen -- he seems both the more able to play deep and hit it long a la Barry, and the more capable of going forward as skillful dribbler. EvertonUSA1 said upthread that Besic and McCarthy too often ran around like headless chickens, and I'd have to agree neither seems as adept at anticipation as we'd prefer.