IGNORED

Relegation Battle!

jrossiter

Sorry what do you mean by that?

As Mirallas said. 3 points to one team are crucial - if they draw 1 point is not given to either team.

I don't think its always a case of this, for example if two teams are already looking at the drop and need 4 wins out of 5 and have to play the likes of chelsea then it wouldn't be a bad thing for them to beat someone like Sunderland or Villa. It cushions us and increases the number of permutations that could see us survive.

I can't believe we are having to look at this right now - not nice at all. Need some big characters to step up. Oh to be a fly on the wall at finch farm or goodison right now.

Had a read of this and it bothered me http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-assistant-graeme-jones-8797833

Our assistant manager is talking about himself in a very flattering way, like he is some sort of scholar.... Reminds me very much of Phil Neville - he has some sort of co-dependant relationship with RM. I said with Steve Round and Moyes, I don't think similar minds work well in mangement - they need an alternative viewpoint.

Interesting point about Kone. I think he rates him higher than Lukaku - he states Rom is great when running at someone and the ball is on his left foot....... that he is working with him on hold up play etc. Its as though they are stucjk in a dilemmma as to who to play. Try both....

Guest rusty747

I would like to see a conventional 4-4-2 too.

Maybe

Robles

Coleman Stones Jags Garbutt/Baines

Lennon. McCarthy Gibson/Besic Mirallas

Kone Lukaku

Afraid to say Lennon looks like he's here on holiday. So far looks like another poor signing.

bit harsh. Again, another player with massive pace and threat not been given a chance. He needs a run of games but the favourites will fill the positions even if they're not natural to that position...

bit harsh. Again, another player with massive pace and threat not been given a chance. He needs a run of games but the favourites will fill the positions even if they're not natural to that position...

Not harsh in my opinion. He's failed to make an impression. We where looking for a lift after a dreadful run and to date he's been rubbish.he may come good because he does/has had talent. However at this present time it's looking poor and Mcgeady'esc

Not harsh in my opinion. He's failed to make an impression. We where looking for a lift after a dreadful run and to date he's been rubbish.he may come good because he does/has had talent. However at this present time it's looking poor and Mcgeady'esc

Sounds like the rest of the team.

I don't really think he's been that bad -- definitely better than McGeady so far.

Based on the 3 games he has played for us so far?

He's hardly had a chance and he's getting sharpness. Way too early to say.

It's 'were' not 'where' by the way.

His work-rate has been impressive if nothing else. He's actually looked arsed enough to try, to track back and to press their defence when we're not in possession. He's put in more work in his short stay than a certain someone else has all season.

His work-rate has been impressive if nothing else. He's actually looked arsed enough to try, to track back and to press their defence when we're not in possession. He's put in more work in his short stay than a certain someone else has all season.

Pretty much agree with all that.

He's trying his hardest.

Every match involving bottom 7 is a relegation struggle. Saturday I'm expecting Burnley to lose to Man City. I guess a tie would do fine for Leicester-Hull and Sunderland-Villa. But we surely want Palace to take 3 points from QPR. Those results topped by an Everton victory on Sunday would provide some breathing room and a tremendous boost going into the Kyiv match on Thursday.

Today's results, so far, are good for us. It's fair to worry that now Villa and Hull are even with us, but we may take points tomorrow. Even though Villa and Hull move up, Sunderland and Leicester are in poor shape. Surely Burnley can even in its growing desperation take at most 1 point today, and probably not even that.

Further, Everton have Burnley and Sunderland at Goodison. Obviously we need at least a point tomorrow; a win and we're very close. It's a good question whether we can get a point next Sunday at QPR after the trip to Kyiv. Three crucial games in 8 days. Geez, surely Roberto will actually use 3 subs tomorrow.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

I fail to see how those results are good for us? Teams around us won and are now level in points. The 3 teams in the relegation zone are shit. If those 3 weren't so bad we'd be in deep shit.

It would take something catastrophic for us to go down. An absolute joke of a season.

I fail to see how those results are good for us? Teams around us won and are now level in points. The 3 teams in the relegation zone are shit. If those 3 weren't so bad we'd be in deep shit.

It would take something catastrophic for us to go down. An absolute joke of a season.

They're not in terms of our season and where we finish, but in terms of a "relegation battle" (which is what the thread is about) they are. Burnley scoring? Not so good. But hopefully four/six points from the next couple of games and this thread can drift off the front page.

Wish we could all be as calm as you Mike.

If we get nothing from our next two games I'll be panicking with the best of them; currently we're 25/1 outsiders, even after the Burnley win. Very rare those sort of odds come in.

Love to see Burnley stay up personally (as long as it's not at our expense).

Its all getting a little too close for comfort now, surely there is nobody left on the planet who doesn't realise that we are right in the thick of this relegation scrap?

I'd say we're on the edge of it as opposed to being in the thick of it.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

Like I said in my last post, if we've still got twenty-eight points next Sunday I'll be worried.

Like I said in my last post, if we've still got twenty-eight points next Sunday I'll be worried.

Agree with that and I think today's results have shown Qpr and Leicester are gone and that Sunderland are most likely to join them.

We are only 3 points above the relegation zone, Villa appear to have sorted their shit out and are now level on points with us. So what would it take for us to be in the thick of it in your opinion ? Do we need to be on level points and actually in the three?

We are only 3 points above the relegation zone, Villa appear to have sorted their shit out and are now level on points with us. So what would it take for us to be in the thick of it in your opinion ? Do we need to be on level points and actually in the three?

Read the last sentence of the post of mine you quoted. I thought I made it pretty clear.