IGNORED

Crystal Palace (away)

Kev627

You have me all wrong Mike. I'm not talking about ALL not worrying but certain people with the "don't be negative it'll affect the team" or "we need to stay positive or it'll doom us" brigade.

Doesn't matter if fans are positive or negative, in the ground during matches they are behind the team where it counts. Places like this is where they come to voice concern. Some are literally refusing to accept there's a problem referring to it as a "dip in form" when it's quite clearly much more serious than that.

Wasn't referring to people not agreeing that would just be narrow minded but some people need to wake up and smell the threat of relegation mate because it's looming.

I honestly think we're going to go down. While I accept moat wont others complete denial there is massive issues rooted deep are in for a shock.

Next season IF we survive will be the same if we keep him.

Fair enough, point taken.

Still disagree completely though ;).

Some people really do believe it's a "dip in form" and believe that as clearly and profoundly as you believe otherwise. Time will tell.

CP win

Liverpool win

Chelsea loss

Leicester draw

arsenal draw

dont know why but i have a very funny feeling about the next 2 games. well rested with the high of europe around the corner. i know it sounds insane but i truly believe in 6 points the next 2 games

Haven't won a game since last year, I've forgotten how that joy of winning feels like

Fair enough, point taken.

Still disagree completely though ;).

Some people really do believe it's a "dip in form" and believe that as clearly and profoundly as you believe otherwise. Time will tell.

This. I read all people's views with interest. And take it all on board. But I haven't shifted my stance.

The key line is.. Time will tell.

We can debate the 'I'm telling ya, we are in the shit'...'we are going down'...'it's just about to turn for the better'...'it's to an off season'...whatever. It makes no difference. We have to wait and see who's 'instincts' prove worthy. And we are talking another 9-12 months...so stick around!!!

I see us getting 9 or 10 points from the next 5 games. Either 3 wins and a draw or 3 wins 2 defeats. It's the Arsenal game that I'm unsure of...draw or lose?!

This. I read all people's views with interest. And take it all on board. But I haven't shifted my stance.

The key line is.. Time will tell.

We can debate the 'I'm telling ya, we are in the shit'...'we are going down'...'it's just about to turn for the better'...'it's to an off season'...whatever. It makes no difference. We have to wait and see who's 'instincts' prove worthy. And we are talking another 9-12 months...so stick around!!!

I see us getting 9 or 10 points from the next 5 games. Either 3 wins and a draw or 3 wins 2 defeats. It's the Arsenal game that I'm unsure of...draw or lose?!

If we go down it'll be 4 months.

Our next 5 league games are

Palace away

Liverpool home

Chelsea away

Leicester home

Arsenal away.

How many points do you think we will get from those games. I would say no more than 4 or 5. And that assumes a home win over Leicester which is not a given. Come first of March we could very well be played 27 points 27 and that is bottom three territory.

My head says

Palace away 2-2

Liverpool home 1-3

Chelsea away 0-4

Leicester home 0-0

Arsenal away. 0-2

But all our nils will be phenomenal!

However as daunting as those games look maybe these fixtures are a blessing in disguise. Apart from Leicester they will all have a go at us and play some football and that should suit us more. We are at our worst when teams just sit back and defend against us a la West Brom

Lets hope the little break has done them some good and that we are an entirely different team in the remaining fixtures, because we need to be

My head says

Palace away 2-2

Liverpool home 1-3

Chelsea away 0-4

Leicester home 0-0

Arsenal away. 0-2

But all our nils will be phenomenal!

However as daunting as those games look maybe these fixtures are a blessing in disguise. Apart from Leicester they will all have a go at us and play some football and that should suit us more. We are at our worst when teams just sit back and defend against us a la West Brom

Lets hope the little break has done them some good and that we are an entirely different team in the remaining fixtures, because we need to be

That's my hope also; we should have had four points off City after all, and were very unlucky to get nothing from OT (missed pen + miracle save from de Gea), not to mention chucking away two points v Arse. I'm more worried about the Palace game than any of the others tbh.

Guest rusty747

The closer we get to this Palace match the more important it seems to become. First and foremost it's a must not lose game and Roberto just isn't geared towards 'not losing' - he would rather lose while chasing the win. Normally I would approve of such an approach but we must be pragmatic here. I would take the ugliest 0-0 draw or, better, a 0-1 win with the winner coming from a rebound off Jags arse in the 94th minute.

I just dont think Roberto has the right mentality for these sort of matches.

And Palace have just signed Jordan Mutch and Shola Ameobi.

Edited by rusty747

No footy today so it's a few beers and soccer Saturday watching Everton win and my bets come in.

Just hope that parrot nosed prick Le Tissier isn't on our game. When he screams goal you know it isn't everton ( did we piss him off years ago? ).

I'm confident today that a win and good performance is going to be the out come. Not an easy game by all means but I think that spark and energy will be back after the break away.

If not were fuc@@d and going down.

Besic and McCarthy in midfield, mirallas and mcgeady out wide and Ross behind lukaku.

That will give us energy in midfield, width to press on their full backs and allow Baines and Coleman to get up and support.

Agree with this, if it's not McGeady I hope it's Oviedo