IGNORED

Young Boys (Europa Home)

markjazzbassist

I'd hope Pienaar and Ossie could get a start ahead of Barkley and Oviedo, but beyond that I wouldn't argue,

I'd forgotten they were fit! Yes ossie for sure, I'd rather see Oviedo than pienaar. He has something to prove and wants to win a spot, pienaar is just trying to get another year of salary.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I would like to see another win here, would be nice to get some fringe players some time. I think we are strong enough to beat them even with this lineup.

Robles

Hibbert Alcaraz Distin Garbutt

Besic Gibson

Atsu Barkley Oviedo

Kone

Can't see Robles starting. The game will be used to help restore Howard's confidence. Distin is too much of a risk, so it will be Jagielka. Most likely, Lukaku will start and not Kone. Barry will be in there, too. Is McGeady injured?

Can't see Robles starting. The game will be used to help restore Howard's confidence. Distin is too much of a risk, so it will be Jagielka. Most likely, Lukaku will start and not Kone. Barry will be in there, too. Is McGeady injured?

Why is Distin a risk? Why Lukaku? We pay kone wages, surely not just for u-21 matches? He's a good striker, 12 for Wigan, what the f is wrong with him? Barry will be in for arsenal.

Steve we are up 4-1 and it's at home, why would he play starters when we have a huge away game at arsenal?

Again I ask maybe for insanity sake, why the f do we have squad players if we never play them? if we are going to David moyes and not rotate why waste the wages? Does me in like no other seeing kone on the bench or for 6 minutes.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Why is Distin a risk? Why Lukaku? We pay kone wages, surely not just for u-21 matches? He's a good striker, 12 for Wigan, what the f is wrong with him? Barry will be in for arsenal.

Steve we are up 4-1 and it's at home, why would he play starters when we have a huge away game at arsenal?

Again I ask maybe for insanity sake, why the f do we have squad players if we never play them? if we are going to David moyes and not rotate why waste the wages? Does me in like no other seeing kone on the bench or for 6 minutes.

Barry is still suspended for Arsenal. He's a lock to start against Young Boys.

Barry is suspended in the league, so he's sure to play. Howard needs to regain confidence. 4-1 may sound like an insurmountable lead, but YB are not Krasnodar. We take them too lightly at our peril. That's why we keep the defence strong with Jagielka and keep Lukaku in the line-up. By all means bring in Kone at half-time if the scores are level.

Some people seem to think all red cards are a three game ban. It's a bit like the question about qualifying for Europe that comes up every season, and we know how much you love that one :lol:. Fortunately, there'll be no reason for that question on here this season!

You've pulled a positive out of the hat for this season! Well played :D.

I thought for his 10th yellow, he received a two-match suspension. Maybe I'm wrong. Apologies, if I am.

Because that yellow lead to it being a red card that two game suspension is nullified unless he gets another yellow before a certain date. I can't remember what date that is but it was in an article that was posted last week or the week before. It's very confusing tbh.

Guilty as charged. I assumed it was a 3-game ban.

Three game bans are only for violent conduct etc. So a shocking tackle which gets you a straight red would be a three game ban, but if you just get a straight red for being last man, for example, then it'd just be a one game ban. Same for if you just get two yellows.

Because that yellow lead to it being a red card that two game suspension is nullified unless he gets another yellow before a certain date. I can't remember what date that is but it was in an article that was posted last week or the week before. It's very confusing tbh.

I believe it's the 2nd Sunday of April, at least in reference to the 10 yellow/2 match ban rule. The stupid thing about the loophole here is that a player accumulated 2 cards in one game, resulting in a red, which then essentially gives him a lesser sentence for a technically worse offence.

why do several people say howard will play to restore confidence evertons interest comes first not any over rated player

but RM will play him because he wants to be one of the boys needs to grow a pair. he needs to learn who comes first

EFC, not th or bk or anyone else.

Guest rusty747

Doesnt matter if Barry is suspended or not - unfortunately RM writes his name down every game he is eligible

Prediction:

Howard

Coleman Alcaraz Jags Oviedo

Besic Barry

Naismith Barkley Mirallas

Kone

Hoping for:

Joel

Coleman Alcaraz Jags Garbutt

Gibson Barry

Mirallas Osman Oviedo

Kone

Love your hoping for team. Provided Gibbo and Ossie are both fit enough to start that would be my starting eleven too.

Doesnt matter if Barry is suspended or not - unfortunately RM writes his name down every game he is eligible

Prediction:

Howard

Coleman Alcaraz Jags Oviedo

Besic Barry

Naismith Barkley Mirallas

Kone

Hoping for:

Joel

Coleman Alcaraz Jags Garbutt

Gibson Barry

Mirallas Osman Oviedo

Kone

I would say the same. But why no Atsu? Also, how about Tyias Browning? Everton can keep Coleman ready for the Gooners. I am all for Kone starting. I bemoan the fact Howard will start, but Martinez is set about his ways.

Why do I still feel slightly worried about this match :mellow:?

Robles

Hibbert Jags Alcaraz Garbutt

Besic Gibson

Atsu Barkley Oviedo

Kone

That for me please. We should be able to use Atsu and Oviedo's pace on the counter, they have to come at us. With Besic and Gibsons ability to pick out a long ball, should create plenty of chances.

I put Hibbert in, not sure if he's fit or not. If not, start Coleman and bring Browning on around 60mins, assuming the tie is wrapped up. Otherwise we need him there just as much as we do for Arsenal.

Prediction from the peanut gallery:

Everton will lose 3-0. They will advance to round of 16 on away goals scored.

Howard will start, and then be benched for rest of season.

Alternate reality: Just after halftime, having conceded one or more easy goals, Howard will appear to injure his calf again, and Robles will come in. (This will have been orchestrated in the dressing room.)

New spark, Robles comes in and team is re-energized.

Gibson will play well and will figure out how to get the ball to Lukaku.

Barry will play well, too.

Toffees come back in second half to draw with YB, with Robles being perfect for his stint.