IGNORED

Kalidou Koulibaly

Cahill is donkey.

no he's not, he was their whipping boy last year, Terry and Ivanovic are donkey, except mou is a idiot and wouldn't bench them so he blamed it on Cahill. Their D was awful still, letting in goals left and right (cahill on bench). he is fired. zouma and cahill are put back in, they do well and climb the table again.

Honestly I just don't see the value in spending so much on a defender. Defending isn't a unique talent in the same way that creativity is. That's why I've no problem letting Stones go if City are daft enough to pay £50m

I'm sure Koulibaly would be a great addition to the side and if they want to spend a chunk of the Stones money on him then go for it. But personally I would be happy with Lamine Kone for a fraction of the price.

Unless City pay so much for Stones that we can buy both!!!

This. You can find a group of four players who can minimize their individual mistakes, be physical, and work well as a group in order to keep goals out for much cheaper than you can find people to create chances, boss the midfield, or net 20 goals

In a situation like this, forget about absolute prices. All that matters are relative prices. e.g., We pay 5m less for this player than we receive net for John Stones. Put another way, we tell City they must pay whatever fee we pay for a replacement, plus Barnsley's fee, plus 5m. Frankly, who cares whether we pay 5m or 50m? We want a talented replacement plus cash.

Right now Koulibaly is a better defender than Stones and signing him would no doubt make us stronger defensively. He's only 25 as well so if we get around 50 million for Stones and sign Koulibaly for 40 million, I only see it as good business. His only issue is concentration but I think that's due it being too easy for him at times and that tends to make him switch off. He's 6'5, two footed (right footed but plays as a LCB), strong and quick and very good in the air. He's like a Sylvain Distin but a few levels above. I still think he'll sign for Chelsea though unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he would just about manage to get a few games under his belt here. It's not like he's one of the most outstanding young defenders in all of world football.

Oh, it seems he is. He'll probably get a move to one of the worlds biggest clubs if he carries on playing well. Oh....