IGNORED

Kalidou Koulibaly

9 minutes ago, Btay said:

I would absolutely get Gana back in a heart beat. I cant think of any midfield that would enjoy playing against hGana, Allan and Doucoure

What we miss the most in this team is goals the fact that we can’t put our chances away is what’s hurting us the most, get Lukaku back if he was here this season we would have been in the top 4 still, what defence would like to play against him, with the amount chances we create. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

What we miss the most in this team is goals the fact that we can’t put our chances away is what’s hurting us the most, get Lukaku back if he was here this season we would have been in the top 4 still, what defence would like to play against him, with the amount chances we create. 

The glaring issue in our side that differentiates solid performances to poor performances has been midfield .... Clear as absolute day.

We have lost so many midfield battles when we miss Doucoure and Allan....

The lack of an engine room has meant we have overly relied on Doms target man capabilities and work rate to retain the ball... Win cheap fouls etc.

Whether it's Lukaku, Haarland, Harry Kane or whoever you think is the best striker we could get - in the main we are not getting on the ball.  Richarlison is here there and everywhere trying to get things happening.  This is all down to an inability to get on the ball and to have mobility to stretch the opponents.

Did you watch Gana last night? Man of the match by a stretch against a very good Bayern side. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Did you watch Gana last night? Man of the match by a stretch against a very good Bayern side. 

No I didn’t mate I have no real interest in watching games that don’t involve Everton and certainly don’t have much interest in a player who is what 32ish. 
Did you watch the Palace and clear cut chances that were missed by our front so many hard to remember them all, that one game highlighted our poor finishing that much that no one couldn’t see it, but through out the season we have lost points as much to more finishing as midfield and defensive errors, we have the players available to put out a very decent midfield unfortunately 3 of the better players are injured, what we don’t have is the luxury of another striker, in all honesty to you and anyone here who would we mostly benefit from as a team Gana or Lukaku now and going forward. For me it’s got to be Lukaku who has been one of the top strikers in European football, and still has time on his side. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

No I didn’t mate I have no real interest in watching games that don’t involve Everton and certainly don’t have much interest in a player who is what 32ish. 
Did you watch the Palace and clear cut chances that were missed by our front so many hard to remember them all, that one game highlighted our poor finishing that much that no one couldn’t see it, but through out the season we have lost points as much to more finishing as midfield and defensive errors, we have the players available to put out a very decent midfield unfortunately 3 of the better players are injured, what we don’t have is the luxury of another striker, in all honesty to you and anyone here who would we mostly benefit from as a team Gana or Lukaku now and going forward. For me it’s got to be Lukaku who has been one of the top strikers in European football, and still has time on his side. 

I think palace is the only game where we actually mustered more than a few chances and not scored any .

By and large our midfield has been the most critically underesourced area of the pitch.

Would lukaku improve us as a team?  With the right midfield yes - because he is a finisher.  Would he do the role DCL does? No, and that is why we need a midfield.

Would Gana improve us as a midfield??? 120%.  He was phenomenal last night and lots of posts about him being the best DM in the game. 

59 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think palace is the only game where we actually mustered more than a few chances and not scored any .

By and large our midfield has been the most critically underesourced area of the pitch.

Would lukaku improve us as a team?  With the right midfield yes - because he is a finisher.  Would he do the role DCL does? No, and that is why we need a midfield.

Would Gana improve us as a midfield??? 120%.  He was phenomenal last night and lots of posts about him being the best DM in the game. 

Totally agree. Palace was a strange one as for once we created a good deal of chances.

Brighton is a better example. Would Lukaku, Kane, or any other striker have finished our chances? No... there weren’t any.

Would Allan have made a difference on that midfield? Massively. So would Gana, so would any other half decent md with an engine. We are unbelievably weak in midfield without Allan and Doucoure.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Totally agree. Palace was a strange one as for once we created a good deal of chances.

Brighton is a better example. Would Lukaku, Kane, or any other striker have finished our chances? No... there weren’t any.

Would Allan have made a difference on that midfield? Massively. So would Gana, so would any other half decent md with an engine. We are unbelievably weak in midfield without Allan and Doucoure.

Game by game I am becoming less convinced that one or two coming back will really matter that much. We had Allan, Gomes and Davies against Burnley and they outplayed us. We had Siggy, Allan and Gomes against Chelsea and we didn't touch the ball (for all I remember Allan playing well). We had Gomes and Doucoure who were briefly joined by Allan against West Brom and they were the better side. Against Southampton we had Gomes, Siggy, Doucoure and Allan and they were comfortably the better side in the second half after a relatively even first half.

I think those hanging their hat on us being loads better when we have a fully fit squad (if there is such a thing) are going to be disappointed.

I will reiterate we have a far better than average MF when they are all fit, we have the protector required in Allan with the back up of Gbamin, we have the engine room of Doucoure and the back up of Davies, we have the vision of James with the back up of Gomes, there’s always room for improvement whether that’s buying a nailed on starter or a better backup, but they have to be an improvement and not just as good, and most importantly they have to have some longevity you can’t keep buying players touching 30 or over because you will struggle to get the a settled and stable team. 

19 hours ago, Bailey said:

Game by game I am becoming less convinced that one or two coming back will really matter that much. We had Allan, Gomes and Davies against Burnley and they outplayed us. We had Siggy, Allan and Gomes against Chelsea and we didn't touch the ball (for all I remember Allan playing well). We had Gomes and Doucoure who were briefly joined by Allan against West Brom and they were the better side. Against Southampton we had Gomes, Siggy, Doucoure and Allan and they were comfortably the better side in the second half after a relatively even first half.

I think those hanging their hat on us being loads better when we have a fully fit squad (if there is such a thing) are going to be disappointed.

Then you are saying the manager needs to go, because the players you have mentioned would walk into all of those teams with exception of Chelsea, the 3 who I believe Ancelotti was looking to take us forward if they could be played together on a regular basis was Alan Doucoure and James, but injuries have scuppered that. 

The team we saw play at the start of the season when all fit give me an inclination of where we are at ability-wise. 

If we can add a replacement for the Gomes/Sigurdsson role and a new RB along with a little more depth I have no doubt we will vastly improve next season. The names we've been linked with (Koulibaly/Isco etc) are really exciting and we all know Carlo is able to get big names through the door. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Then you are saying the manager needs to go, because the players you have mentioned would walk into all of those teams with exception of Chelsea, the 3 who I believe Ancelotti was looking to take us forward if they could be played together on a regular basis was Alan Doucoure and James, but injuries have scuppered that. 

With James and Allan, injuries were always going to scupper that plan!

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

The team we saw play at the start of the season when all fit give me an inclination of where we are at ability-wise. 

If we can add a replacement for the Gomes/Sigurdsson role and a new RB along with a little more depth I have no doubt we will vastly improve next season. The names we've been linked with (Koulibaly/Isco etc) are really exciting and we all know Carlo is able to get big names through the door. 

Mate don’t come back and start being sensible😉, the end of next season will tell us if the plan is working, we are 3-4 players away from being a consistently top 5 or 6 team, hopefully Ancelotti can get a couple of his targets in the summer and 1 or 2 in the winter, then following season just 1 or 2 to realise our dream of CL football. 

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Saw that. He's not had a great time since he came back from injury but he was excellent before he got injured. Plus he's versatile. Nothing in it in my opinion

Is he versatile though? 

I know he has filled in here and there but you don't want him in midfield or at either full back position unless you are down to bare bones and want to play on the back foot. 

I barely want him at centre back either but it would be easier to keep him around than find another 4th CB to fill in here or there (unless Koulibaly signed of course!).

Just now, Bailey said:

Is he versatile though? 

I know he has filled in here and there but you don't want him in midfield or at either full back position unless you are down to bare bones and want to play on the back foot. 

I barely want him at centre back either but it would be easier to keep him around than find another 4th CB to fill in here or there (unless Koulibaly signed of course!).

Well, you answered yourself there :lol:

• 1 month later...

After all the talk of "restrictions" in the press conference this would be a stupid move tbh. Signing a player of his age that we don't actually need when we have positions that are crying out to be filled seems wrong to me.

He's the sort of signing you make once you've got the players in that you need if you're facing restrictions in the transfer market.