IGNORED

Kalidou Koulibaly

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, StevO said:

I thought the same as Pete, the players fell out with Carlo didn’t they?

Nope. Chairman ordered the players to go away on a training get together which is seen as a punishment... the players disagreed and ancelotti backed them .... for which he essentially fell out with chairman. 

13 hours ago, Finn balor said:

There’s no way we will be in for this lad. I’d like a quick younger centre half. And I keep saying it but Ferguson at West Brom. That lad is going to be a star 

Id buy him just to shake up the transfer market and continue the statement of intent. 

20 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

FFP would make it so he was the only player we bought, he will be 100m.  No thanks.  I’d rather us get a few players combined for that much.  We need to be smart.  One injury and there goes the kitty.

Am I wrong in assuming that FFP is a load of bollocks for us???

As in we can get Mr Usmanov to sponsor the lawnmowers for £200m?  

We have spent hundreds of millions since moshiri got here. We Are up against FFP and if Carlo keeps us winning Europe could be a possibility and it’s alwYs the goal.  So we have to spend smart.  The whole kitty on one player is the tactics of a 16 year old kid playing FIFA.  

no from me.  Get more than 1 player this window.  Also we have no chance with this guy.  Let’s be realistic

• 1 year later...
Just now, London Blue said:

No chance, does not fit with aim of signing young players. We are well stocked with cbs.  Our priorities lie elsewhere. 

The issue with centre back by all accounts is that we need to play a low block and Ancellotti wants us playing high line and to do that you need a commanding pacey centre half. 

All depends on price.  30 isn't old for a centre half. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

No way in hell, the asking price will be stupid high and he ain’t coming here.  Liverpool or city or Chelsea or United or something but not here.

to be honest I don’t wanna spend 90m on a center back.  I’d rather spend 30m on 3-4 players.

You want to spend 30m on 3-4 players? That averages out to players who are valued at somewhere around 7-10m. I don't think that's quite what we need to be taking the next step up...

Edit: 30m each on 3-4 players. Got it.

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

No way in hell, the asking price will be stupid high and he ain’t coming here.  Liverpool or city or Chelsea or United or something but not here.

to be honest I don’t wanna spend 90m on a center back.  I’d rather spend 30m on 3-4 players.

Liverpool sell 19 year olds with 1 senior appearance for £15m+. 

Godfrey at £20m was insane value as was Doucoure at the same price.

Ah.... You mean £30m X 3?.... Yeah I see that. 

For me it all depends on what Usmanov can do in terms of pumping money into the club. 

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

£39m is the supposed asking price.   He is a captain and leader we need. 

For me £39m on proven elite level quality Vs £30m on a bolassie makes total sense. 

At £39m we are relying on the appeal of Carlo because all clubs will be after him for that. 

I’ve never seen him, but if he is really one of the best centre backs in the world and we can get him then we should. 
We should always buy better where possible. That said, not bothered if we don’t, I like our centre halves, and this shouldn’t be at the expense of some other positions that need to be strengthened.