IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why? You can't be holding him accountable for the result?

No it as tongue in cheek. It’s the Everton way, we buy relegation players or put in defenders that have just taken a hammering. 

I know it’s not on him though and would rather see him back than what we are putting up with at the moment.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

No it as tongue in cheek. It’s the Everton way, we buy relegation players or put in defenders that have just taken a hammering. 

I know it’s not on him though and would rather see him back than what we are putting up with at the moment.

Aaaah :lol: to be honest, I was surprised when you posted it, thought you to be much more reasonable :P 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Aaaah :lol: to be honest, I was surprised when you posted it, thought you to be much more reasonable :P 

Haha no wasn’t being serious at all... just after 9 goals in against Arsenal, it kind of destroys any reasoning I had.

I can’t wait to have a few of the old guard back.

Coleman, Baines... I know he is slowing down, but his experience is paramount. He also is comfortable receiving a football, and that seems to be missing from most. Mori, although I don’t rate him as saviour, I do see him as a no noncence type player... again, what we need right now.

• 2 weeks later...
How did he perform Dunc.

Yeah he did ok, put in one great tackle down by the corner flag but other than that wasn’t really tested
Looked composed on the ball and pleasantly surprised by his distribution
Overall looked ready for the first team , certainly couldn’t do any worse than Keane and Williams

I would like to see him start on Saturday

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ramiro-funes-mori-hails-everton-14372448

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Yeah he did ok, put in one great tackle down by the corner flag but other than that wasn’t really tested
Overall looked ready for the first team , certainly couldn’t do any worse than Keane and Williams

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ramiro-funes-mori-hails-everton-14372448

Good news mate cause we are gonna need sooner than later 

On 3/6/2018 at 05:37, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

My concern is that expectations are being set too high - especially given he'll be playing a completely different back line. If he makes a silly mistake, that will be the end of him confidence-wise. Crooked Sam will blame him publicly, and that would be devastating.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

My concern is that expectations are being set too high - especially given he'll be playing a completely different back line. If he makes a silly mistake, that will be the end of him confidence-wise. Crooked Sam will blame him publicly, and that would be devastating.

This is a definite concern.  But we’re at another bad momentum point, needing - I would say desperately needing - 3 points on Saturday.  Although 3 of our next 5 matches are at Goodison, 2 are with Man City and Liverpool, so Brighton represents our best chance to get to 37 before our final 4 matches.  I’d be nervous to still be sitting on 34-35 points after these next 5 matches.

Our central defense has been embarrassing.  There’s no reason to have any confidence in either Keane or Williams.  So it seems to me that 2 of Holgate, Jagielka, and Funes Mori should start Saturday.  Funes Mori seems as good as any of a limited set of uncertain choices.  One good thing about Funes Mori is that he’s probably more likely than anyone in the squad to score on a header.

• 2 weeks later...