IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well they’re not the same thing though, are they? A shot on goal would include both shots that were on target and those that weren’t on target. Saying just shot on target would only be shots on target, obviously. So by saying 0 shots you are actually saying that they didn’t have a single shot at goal, off target or on target. 

It’s ok, English is hard, so I’ll let you off on this occasion. 

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

i speak 'merican romey, miller lite and nascar, not sure what this english bullshit is :rofl:  mikeO has a drinking waiting for you in the pedant lounge

It’s not being pedantic in this instance. You just said what you meant incorrectly and I’ve pointed it out to you so you can learn and grow. You should be thanking me. 

Mike is a man after my own heart for the effort he puts into educating his fellow man. 

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

wow i did not know he had a twin and a professional striker at that.  sounds like a good idea for all parties involved if brands and the new manager don't rate him.

His brother actually won a nationally-televised soccer tryout (Sueno MLS) and played for FC Dallas' youth academy. Neat little piece of trivia.

I remember reading that he had a twin brother who played, and the family lived in the US, Texas I think, for several years. I didn't realize he was playing professionally.  There is something about Funes Mori I have always liked - tho it certainly hasn't been his consistency on the pitch. He just seems like one of those guy that you really want to see succeed, even if it means doing so elsewhere. I don't think Fat Sam did him any favors as far as the World Cup To be fair, there was only one career that he ever cared about.

23 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

I'd put more stock in the article if it was even close to getting the conversion rate correct.

Was just going to point that out myself:lol:.

"That figure is put at $10m, which works out to be just over £10m, and the Mexicans would in principle be willing to pay that"

£7.5m roughly at the moment in fact.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

"That figure is put at $10m, which works out to be just over £10m, and the Mexicans would in principle be willing to pay that"

I was about to book a ticket to London if that had been true.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

It would even been better if the said "$10m which is roughly $10m. At least it would have been accurate. My question now would be is it 10m pounds or dollars?

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I’m sure we’ve had articles in the past about him looking to move.

Averahe player who’s heart just isn’t with us. Good move for all parties.

This would be a silly move if you ask me, he's a bit above average and would cost £20m to replace.  I'd rather sell a real Mr average first (Williams).

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

This would be a silly move if you ask me, he's a bit above average and would cost £20m to replace.  I'd rather sell a real Mr average first (Williams).

I would be amazed if Williams wasnt moved on this summer.

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

If it was up to me Bill, I would agree with you and sell that lump of wastage first. I dont think Mori is much above an average player if I’m honest, but I still rate him higher than Williams.

I wouldn’t mind Mori staying at all as I think he is a solid squad player to have.

Williams went from physical aggressive defender to blooming idiot that's a straight red waiting to happen ever since he body-checked that keeper into the ad board in Europa.  Like something snapped, and he has been a liability both in positioning and recklessness since. For me, he literally has no value to the team. 

Under a new set up I’m willing to give everyone a clean slate. The club has been a mess for 12 months, I’ve worked in toxic environments before. For people I’ve cared about, alongside people I care about, and it’s so difficult to get motivated when it feels so horrible being there. 

Clean slate for Williams, Mori, Schneiderlin, let’s see what they can all do with a bit of focus and direction. 

If the manager want to move them on, or they want to move on, fine. But if they want to stay and the manager wants to keep them, they are alright by me. 

12 hours ago, StevO said:

Under a new set up I’m willing to give everyone a clean slate. The club has been a mess for 12 months, I’ve worked in toxic environments before. For people I’ve cared about, alongside people I care about, and it’s so difficult to get motivated when it feels so horrible being there. 

Clean slate for Williams, Mori, Schneiderlin, let’s see what they can all do with a bit of focus and direction. 

If the manager want to move them on, or they want to move on, fine. But if they want to stay and the manager wants to keep them, they are alright by me. 

Thats a very fair point. 

With Mori as well he has never really been playing for us in a good environment. Whenever he has been fit the daggers have been out for the manager. That can never be good for a players psychology knowing that they will get slaughtered for every mistake.

18 hours ago, StevO said:

Spot on no witch hunts, a new season with a new regime and everyone with an equal opportunity to stake a claim for a place in the team, that's what Lookman and Klaassen will be hoping for.

• 4 weeks later...