IGNORED

Manchester City (Home)

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

With the feelgood factor generated by the Southampton victory and the imminent new signings I think we could win a cracker of a game 3-1 provided we remember to put a shift in.

Silva is the key. I hope Barry doesn't get too giddy early and pick up a yellow. You cannot stand off against him.id be delighted if navas plays as he is very one dimensional, him and Sagna are the weak link. Get super kev against them and we could be in business. I'd be happy with a point but can see a 2-1 win. Rom and Kone

Silva is the key. I hope Barry doesn't get too giddy early and pick up a yellow. You cannot stand off against him.id be delighted if navas plays as he is very one dimensional, him and Sagna are the weak link. Get super kev against them and we could be in business. I'd be happy with a point but can see a 2-1 win. Rom and Kone

Sagna will definitely play, Zaballeta out injured. Agree that Navas is just about useless, poor man's Aaron Lennon, but against a novice LB like Galloway he may be a good choice. Have him run at Galloway over and over looking to pick up fouls. If any of the back 4 pick up an early caution we could be in trouble.

Will be interesting to see how Martinez sets up for this one, tactically could be an interesting game, whether or not we set up with someone designated to stop Silva, how our fullbacks cope with the pace out wide city have, cannot wait for it!

Edited by Btay

What a difference two weeks can make. Back then, it was all doom and gloom after the draw against Watford, how we won't be bringing in new players, and how we'll be bottom of the league after the next few games. I think it's called "momentum", combined with the British penchant to always be depressed (the weather, maybe?). :)

What a difference two weeks can make. Back then, it was all doom and gloom after the draw against Watford, how we won't be bringing in new players, and how we'll be bottom of the league after the next few games. I think it's called "momentum", combined with the British penchant to always be depressed (the weather, maybe?). :)

I never moaned once nor did I panic about the lack of transfer activity.

I'm also a lying shit bag.

Leave me out of that! All so crazy. And it could all flip back that way depending on next 2 results and the window closing. Or the feel good factor could be sky high. It's that....what's the word?!!!

As for City. We have to just go for it. We can't sit back and play for a draw. If both teams play how they can, it should be a really interesting game. Naturally, City will be the favourites. But it would be foolish to rule us out.