IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Away)

markjazzbassist

We've been getting some decent results lately but I'm worried about this match. Our kryptonite is parking the bus and we have a pulis team. I really think some changes need to be made in the starting XI. If Coleman is out I expect browning again.

Howard

Coleman/Browning Stones Jags Galloway

McCarthy Barry

Gerry Barkley Lennon

Naisy

Naisy deserves the start over lukaku and Kone. Would like Lennon and Gerry, Lennon to track back and both to attack with pace.

I would hope Martinez leaves Kone and Lukaku out. Kone is Kone at the end of the day, I don't think its effort with him its inconsistent quality.

Lukaku needs his arse well and truly kicking. Only he can do what is required - forget service, style of play etc etc, his attitude and application has been appalling, i'm not going to criticise missed chances but strolling round offside, not jumping for headers, and not following up on shots (stops when he's hit the ball) is unacceptable.

Moving on, its a case of playing Naismith - its a s simple as that. Barkley - just keep him as he is, maybe give Gerry 45 minutes and I think Lennon - pace and creativity. Nais will do just fine. Hopefully Stones is fit.

3 points me thinks, pretty confident.

Mirallas is suspended.

yep

i'd like to see naisy given a go, fox in the box and don't worry about him linkup up and holding it up, just have gerry lennon barkley use their pace to get to the box and sling balls in, naisy will find himself on the end of them or they'll score goals themselves. the bus will be parked so speed will be of the essence.

Right now I'd be happy with taking a point which is hard for me to say. Can any team say, "Yeah, we're going to bag three points against Pulis and his thugs at the Hawthrones." Dont know with Berahino scoring the winnder last week. If we have Stones and Jags in the center though I think we will snuff him out. Hope Stones is good to go.

I'm with Mark on this one. Bench "Lukawho?", but maybe give him the last 10 minutes to see where his head is.

Hopefully our away form holds true for Monday and we move onward and upward. COYB!!!

Edited by ForEverton2

I fear that Stones was pulled from the Reading match not merely as a precaution, so I don't expect to see him, and don't "want" to see him unless he's fully healed. I think maybe Coleman will return, that McCarthy needs a little rest, and Kone and Lukaku need a message, which I hope RM will be inclined to send right now. More than happy to see Lukaku on at 60 minutes, but not from the beginning. Maybe this, a sort of 4-2-1-3.

....................................... Howard .....................................

Coleman ......... Jagielka ........ Funes Mori ....... Galloway

................. Gibson ............................... Barry ..................

........................................ Barkley ...................................

Lennon ......................... Naismith ..................... Deulofeu

Bench -- Robles, Browning, McCarthy, Osman, McGeady (!), Kone, Lukaku

Too soon for Gibson, he's only had 1 reserve match and looked very rusty. Is Besic available?

Scant news on our many injuries, short and long term. Have heard nothing at all re Besic, but Gibson was on bench for Reading. McCarthy probably starts, but I hope Gibson at least plays 20-30 minutes second half. I guess maybe RM will provide some sort of injury update in his pre-match press conference (Friday?), first to say something about Stones and then from that a little about others.

the good thing is we have till monday. so coleman has had a full week to rest and get back to fitness and stones will have a nice week off as well. i'm hoping we are back to full strength barring LB. Coleman was just a knock but since he gets injured often since he's a sprinter i think RM is just playing it safe.

also they lost in League Cup so let's hope we can kick them while they're down. Spirits are high in our camp from the win and positive draw so let's keep the good vibes rolling with a win :)

Edited by markjazzbassist

Lawrenson has predicted a 2-0 home win; but as his "prediction table" has us 17th with three points (presumably he tipped us to beat Watford and to lose every game since) so I wouldn't worry too much.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34337492

I noticed that, too. He's way out on some other teams, too.

Actually, I believe he's predicted three draws, not a single win.

sorry mate but no everton fan should be saying this, hard game or not we need to be beating WBA draws get you nothing in this league if you want to challenge

Especially with the run of matches that follows. We need all 3 points on Monday to continue building that confidence for the likes of the shite, Man U and Arsenal.

sorry mate but no everton fan should be saying this, hard game or not we need to be beating WBA draws get you nothing in this league if you want to challenge

Maybe happy is not the right word then. Instead, nothing less than a draw is acceptable for Everton (or for me at least). Out of three possible outcomes on monday, two are the most likely to happen, or what I expect to happen. But there is still lingering doubt inside me. Last season was not easy to watch.

As positive as we are looking at the moment with Bakrley, Stones, Barry (amongst others) klicking and with the additions of Deloufeou and Lennon. I still have worries. None the less, I have been more excited these last few weeks about Everton than I was the entirety of last season. Even when we made easy work of Wolfsburg. This is the first season where I'm actually yelling at the TV (tellie) . I never saw myself as that kind of person, but here I am on this forum and waking up at 7:00 am when it is requested of me to watch the Toffees. oh, woe is me.

I agree that a draw is a step sideways, and really a step down, but consistency is what Everton needs. Whatever happens on Monday a loss will absolutley infrutiate me, so that's why I can at least tolerate a draw. I remember two seasons ago when we were on top of the world until Sunderland came through on that cold, wet, misserable, boxing day contest and we lost 1 to nil. Up until that point Everton were formidalble, and that's what we are working towards right now.

What I'm hoping is that we'll still be around sixth after the games with Liverpool, United, and Arsenal. In the two months that follow, it's mostly winnable games and we could make a strong push.

Even though I've predicted a draw, this really is a game we have to win.

This is how I feel too mate. We just need to break the season down into smaller parts. As you say, if after games we are in an around 6th then coming into the new year I honestly think we could be 3rd.

Assuming Coleman and Stones are out I'd go with

Howard

Browning Jags Mori Galloway

Barry McCarthy

Lennon Barkley Del

Naismith

Kone isn't good enough to be a regula starter and Lukaku isn't playing well at the moment.

What is pleasing is the way Galloway and Browning have stepped up.

It would be nice to see Henen do the same, anybody know how's he going? Does he look ready for the first team?

Lukaku has to start, he used to play for WBA so knows them and will be desperate for a good performance and some goals.

I would play him purely because the spotlight is well and truly on him. Unless he lives on another planet he can't fail to know he owes us a performance.

Rest Kone, he is goosed. Play Gerry and Lennon. Nais ready on the bench.

I think we will put in a performance.