IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Away)

markjazzbassist

Geri and Barkley look dangerous, but they're so deep when they do WBA get the bodies back in time. Rom hasn't been good, but he's had fuck all to work with, again (yeah, that old chesnut. Why? Because he's has fuck all to work with). Should've had 2, it's not going to be our game.

Mori starting for the first time. Bit concerned he always look to pass back, but assuming that's nerves. Stupid pass for the goal but Barry (who again has looked solid) should've done better

Boring. Boring. Boring.

I'd have Naismith off for another wide man.

Browning and Galloway don't offer the same offensive threat we usually have, so no harm in having 2 wingers play.

Get Gerry on the ball more. We should be deliberately finding him. His crosses are lethal, yet time and again our forward line don't seem to expect it???

Poor goal to concede. Very poor.

Well Mori looks like a disaster, so that's good. Trying to do way too much, not seeing the easy pass. We should be out of sight, but for woeful finishing. Too lethargic in possession when not on the break. On the positives though, both the young full backs look solid. Midfiled is fine, we're winning most of the battles and WBA only threaten when we gift it to them. Lukaku looks utterly disinterested, would have Kone on sooner rather than later.

When will Martinez realise that that brand of football will get you nowhere in the Premier League? If you don't go at teams hard and try to beat them, you come unstuck. That was everything we did wrong last season, pedestrian, one dimensional football with a gift of a goal thrown in. Lukaku, who has been beyond awful, is completely isolated up top, Barkley and Naismith completely ineffective. Geri is the only one who looks capable of playing with the directness and pace to trouble their defence, but we haven't looked to use him nearly enough.

I didn't buy into the 'great start to the season' media nonsense before this game, the Southampton and Chelsea games have masked a lot of mediocrity. Lose this and id say we've had a distintly average start to the season. Expect us to come out a different team second half.

except it's a run through the centre.

Didn't see where he came from mind, but even the commentators were saying he read the run well, just wasn't there in time

Watch the goal again.... Even Carragher has just pointed it out. Left his man got caught the wrong side. Berahino is playing on the left that's where he came from.

Geri and Barkley look dangerous, but they're so deep when they do WBA get the bodies back in time. Rom hasn't been good, but he's had fuck all to work with, again (yeah, that old chesnut. Why? Because he's has fuck all to work with). Should've had 2, it's not going to be our game.

Mori starting for the first time. Bit concerned he always look to pass back, but assuming that's nerves. Stupid pass for the goal but Barry (who again has looked solid) should've done better

Can you explain why he stopped running for a cross the Barkley got across the face of goal and twice when Gerry did it he was scratching his arse on the edge of the penalty area?

For me they are chances.

That aside Nais isn't playing well, I would actually consider bringing Gerry inside and bring Lennon on. Give Rom 15 mins and see what's what.

Watch the goal again.... Even Carragher has just pointed it out. Left his man got caught the wrong side. Berahino is playing on the left that's where he came from.

fair enough, if we're playing a man marking system. Centre of the goal, centre backs should be aware. Jags got caught ball watching.

4 to blame, by my count, just harsh to put it on the RB for me

Can you explain why he stopped running for a cross the Barkley got across the face of goal and twice when Gerry did it he was scratching his arse on the edge of the penalty area?

For me they are chances.

That aside Nais isn't playing well, I would actually consider bringing Gerry inside and bring Lennon on. Give Rom 15 mins and see what's what.

3 in 45 mins. Still, like i said before, take him off. No creativity behind largely due to the concentration of bodies when WBA defend. We're also reeeeally slow building up.

The goal is all on Howard and Mori (and our tactics). Barry's panicked miskick didn't help. But, if Mori just booted it after Howard rolled it to him in a bad spot with two Brom players closing in on him and one coming from behind, he wouldn't have taken a stupid touch and got dispossessed. Howard didn't wait for a safe time to play it out, Mori made a bad decision in a bad place, and Barry tried to deal with it and fucked up. Everybody else did their job as best as they could.

Fact is, the pass to Berahino was weighted and placed perfectly.