IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

11 minutes ago, Undisputed_blue said:

Probably because I feel Niasse has been unfairly treated during his contract with Everton. He has already proven he can score premiership goals. His record in the 2017/18 season was a goal every 135 minutes. This season, Richarlison average a goal every 228 minutes and DCL average a goal every 149 minutes.

Perhaps you judged him on appearance similar to judging a book by its cover rather than reading the book itself. If show pony tricks are the order of the day then why aren't there a queue of premiership clubs signing up freestylers on Youtube? The reality is scoring goals is the hardest skill in football. Bolasie had lots of fancy tricks - didn't last long at Everton, did he?

Truth if ever it were needed stats are bollocks.

1 hour ago, Undisputed_blue said:

Probably because I feel Niasse has been unfairly treated during his contract with Everton. He has already proven he can score premiership goals. His record in the 2017/18 season was a goal every 135 minutes. This season, Richarlison average a goal every 228 minutes and DCL average a goal every 149 minutes.

Perhaps you judged him on appearance similar to judging a book by its cover rather than reading the book itself. If show pony tricks are the order of the day then why aren't there a queue of premiership clubs signing up freestylers on Youtube? The reality is scoring goals is the hardest skill in football. Bolasie had lots of fancy tricks - didn't last long at Everton, did he?

Again, have you seen anything in Niasse’s game, other than stats on a screen, to suggest he should play before DCL, Richarlison or Kean?

No judging a book by its cover from me, he plays for Everton so I want him to do well. 

Bolasie was doing just fine until his body let him down and he never got back to that form. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Again, have you seen anything in Niasse’s game, other than stats on a screen, to suggest he should play before DCL, Richarlison or Kean?

No judging a book by its cover from me, he plays for Everton so I want him to do well. 

Bolasie was doing just fine until his body let him down and he never got back to that form. 

Bolasie was never doing fine

6 minutes ago, Undisputed_blue said:

His game was lacking before the injury.

Haha mate, you just brought him up as a player full of tricks who didn’t make it at Everton. Now I’ve fully lost what your point about Bolasie really was. It read to me that he was a good player but didn’t make it because Evertonians didn’t rate him. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

Haha mate, you just brought him up as a player full of tricks who didn’t make it at Everton. Now I’ve fully lost what your point about Bolasie really was. It read to me that he was a good player but didn’t make it because Evertonians didn’t rate him. 

Bolasie was a show pony who couldn't score goals. He had a handful of assists but that's it.

1 hour ago, Undisputed_blue said:

Bolasie was a show pony who couldn't score goals. He had a handful of assists but that's it.

Yeah, so I’m not sure why you brought him into this in the first place then.
So what was your point about Bolasie and what’s it got to do with Niasse being shit? No one was saying him or anyone else is a show pony. So I’ve no idea what you’re on about. 

8 hours ago, StevO said:

You said: Perhaps you judged him on appearance similar to judging a book by its cover rather than reading the book itself. If show pony tricks are the order of the day then why aren't there a queue of premiership clubs signing up freestylers on Youtube? The reality is scoring goals is the hardest skill in football. Bolasie had lots of fancy tricks - didn't last long at Everton, did he?

Oumar brought a positive attitude to a team that, at the time, didn't appear to give a hoot. Despite a lack of ability, he scored goals through sheer will power and determination. It doesn't matter if some of them were ugly; they all count.

I don't blame him at all for turning down "opportunities" in lower leagues for potentially less pay. Everton signed a contract with him, and our opinion of him can't affect that. I'm looking forward to him scoring his first goal under Carlo. It won't be pretty, but it'll prove he still cares about scoring goals for this club.

Once a blue, always a blue. isn't that what we say? Then why should we criticize a player for wanting to remain a blue? I thank him for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Form the Prem to training with a non-league club in the 10th tier.

The team are division below AFC Liverpool, Lower Breck and Litherland REMYCA

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/everton/ex-everton-striker-oumar-niasse-training-with-non-league-club-had-spells-at-huddersfield-hull-and-cardiff-3442915?itm_source=parsely-api

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...