IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He’s not a starter for me  bring him on for the last 30 whether we need a goal or we are defending the lead, he’s going to work his socks off more often get a goal when needed and tie there defence down deep in their own half. 

This is it. He has a role. There’s no point having two cenks! You need to be able to bring on a different tactic. 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

This is it. He has a role. There’s no point having two cenks! You need to be able to bring on a different tactic. 

Definitely Shukes when needed he’s been a massive player for us, in my opinion it’s Cenk to start with Niasse coming on a head of DCL. 

52 minutes ago, Shukes said:

46 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Definitely Shukes when needed he’s been a massive player for us, in my opinion it’s Cenk to start with Niasse coming on a head of DCL. 

100% when he started games last year he was poor, he is by far more impressive coming off the bench and causing havoc with the defenders, due to his unpredictable play they dont know how to deal with him particularly towards the end of the game when legs are tiring. For where we are at the moment I think he's the ideal candidate for a subs role.

Keep him for the season and use him as a sub against tired legs, where he seems to cause all sorts of havoc.

Also a sufficient rotation player for the cup games to give Tosun a rest. 

He will get 10-15 goals if he stays fit all season. I'm adamant.

I can't find that emoji where the little fellow is ducking something someone has thrown at him, but this is the time to use it!

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Sub at best. As has been said can cause problems when coming on from the bench, that's his best possession. 

His deficiencies are laid bare when he starts. Hopefully he’s not even a bench player when or if we sort out the squad fully (however long that takes).

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

His deficiencies are laid bare when he starts. Hopefully he’s not even a bench player when or if we sort out the squad fully (however long that takes).

He reminds me of Ronny Rosenthal the ex liverpool player (but with so much less talent) in that he is unpredictable. Coupled with his natural willingness to work and run for the team and his never say die spirit, I can understand why we kept him as an option off the bench. 

Me, personally I would rather we use DCL or sign someone else, but I trust Silva and think Niasse will only be an option from the bench, in some games, as anybody watching him start can see his failings when he starts a game.

55 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He reminds me of Ronny Rosenthal the ex liverpool player (but with so much less talent) in that he is unpredictable. Coupled with his natural willingness to work and run for the team and his never say die spirit, I can understand why we kept him as an option off the bench. 

Me, personally I would rather we use DCL or sign someone else, but I trust Silva and think Niasse will only be an option from the bench, in some games, as anybody watching him start can see his failings when he starts a game.

It would definitely be Cenk, DCL and the Niasse to start games. You cant guarentee any type of possession with Niasse whereas Cenk and DCL can both hold up the ball well. 

• 5 weeks later...

My missus who knows very little about our side and footie in general bar me screaming obscenities at the tv came on with me last night and said "who's your number 19!?"

"Niasse"

"He's crap"

Spoke volumes for me tbh, great work ethic and professional and I know it's a cup game but he's never a starter in any game, last twenty mins when legs are tired that's about it 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Straq yes but Hibbo was solid in his primary role, defending; it was only when he crossed the half-way line he disintegrated.

I actually almost put that caveat in. Agreed that he was a great 1 v 1 defender and a decent defensive rightback.

Completely useless on the ball or going forward. 

Could we add Naismith to that list as well? Good workrate/positional sense that allowed him to come up with crucial goals, but really didn't show much technical ability at all?

56 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

I actually almost put that caveat in. Agreed that he was a great 1 v 1 defender and a decent defensive rightback.

Completely useless on the ball or going forward. 

Could we add Naismith to that list as well? Good workrate/positional sense that allowed him to come up with crucial goals, but really didn't show much technical ability at all?

No way.

Naismiths best asset was his technical ability. Wasn’t the strongest, quickest, or greatest finisher. But he had great technical ability and positional awereness!

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think that would be harsh on Naismith personally!

Fair play and it would appear my suggestion has been voted down and that he's a much better footballer than Straq or Oumar (And Hibbo*).

*Indicates acknowledgement as to Hibbo's defensive prowess but complete ineptitude in the attacking half.

14 hours ago, Shukes said:

No way.

Naismiths best asset was his technical ability. Wasn’t the strongest, quickest, or greatest finisher. But he had great technical ability and positional awereness!

I'm with you on this Shukes, also I think he was a great team player with loads of passion for the club, and also does loads of good work for less privileged kids, such as giving his used boots away to teams in his home town. ( Think it's his home town, either way a few of the prima donnas in the game should follow suit and do more IMO)