IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

People talk about him like he is a donkey.

Well donkeys don’t pull the ball down in a crowded box, spin on a sixpence and smash the ball into the net. Remember his one on one where he looked like he had scored before he even touched the ball as he made it look that easy. 

Hes a better footballer than he is given credit for.

He’s not a worldie, by any stretch of the imagination. But in a season when a lot of our “class” players downed tools he fought every minute and chipped in with vital goals. At least deserves our respect.

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

No, we need a 1st choice, with Tosun as second.

Happy to be wrong, but don't think Tosun has it to push us forward in a serious way. 

We will do well to get a better quality striker in than Tosun.

I don't think we have played to his strengths yet, we know he lacks lighting pace so he would benefit more from the ball to his feet in and around the area imo, because he has good movement to create the space he's strong with a good first touch and he can finish, don't think we've seen the best of him yet by along way but maybe the best person here to give his opinion is McGiven he's seen a lot more of him than most of us and should know more about his strengths and weaknesses.

40 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

I think he's quality, and I'm doing the same. 

Agreed. I think it's hard to judge anyone we signed last year, Sandro and Klaassen included, with dysfunctional season under three managers as well as a chaotic preseason. Besides Pickford. I think we can go ahead and judge him.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don't think we have played to his strengths yet, we know he lacks lighting pace so he would benefit more from the ball to his feet in and around the area imo, because he has good movement to create the space he's strong with a good first touch and he can finish, don't think we've seen the best of him yet by along way but maybe the best person here to give his opinion is McGiven he's seen a lot more of him than most of us and should know more about his strengths and weaknesses.

I think he is way better striker than Niasse but of course, both has different strengths and weaknesses.

Cenk is well-known for his finishing skills. (Not only in Turkish League but in Champions League for the last 2 years.) He can use both feet and good at headers. He was a strong striker in Turkish League but needs to work more for EPL as defenders in EPL are stronger than Turkish League. I think a proper pre-season will do good for him. He can't adapt Allardyce style of football as we've all seen, not a sprinter. In that case, Niasse is more suitable but Cenk can be way better in a team which is able to organise its attacking movements. He used to do link-up plays with Babel (AML) - Quaresma (AMR) and Oguzhan Ozyakup (MC-AMC) at Besiktas and it boosted his skills. That's what made him a proper Champion's League striker. I am pretty sure he can do the same with Siggy - Walcott and a proper left wing at Everton as well.

For example, today we were discussing his performance at Everton with the friends and what we thought, if he was playing at Chelsea he would have buried all the sitters that Morata wasted. The conversation was running over this video;

I think with a proper manager, he'll be good enough for now. I don't think his confidence is superb at the moment because he tried to adapt himself to Sam's goof-ball tactic and couldn't make the impact he desired. I can tell, he was trying to be optimistic since the last game of the season but if you guys can recall his reacting after the substitution, that shows it all. He lost confidence and was angry at himself, which is good. Because he is always up to challenges. He proved himself as a 2nd striker behind Demba Ba, Mario Gomez and Vincent Aboubakar and earned his place as a starter. All in all, he is a typical advanced forward and Niasse is more Poacher/Target Man kind of striker.

Well, I don't think he is the striker that can take Everton to the next level. He is not skilled enough to carry Everton for a top 4 challenge but a good striker to aim for the top half. If there is a better striker, of course, Everton can sign him. It'll be a new challenge for him and motivate him to do better as a 2nd striker.

2 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

I think he is way better striker than Niasse but of course, both has different strengths and weaknesses.

Cenk is well-known for his finishing skills. (Not only in Turkish League but in Champions League for the last 2 years.) He can use both feet and good at headers. He was a strong striker in Turkish League but needs to work more for EPL as defenders in EPL are stronger than Turkish League. I think a proper pre-season will do good for him. He can't adapt Allardyce style of football as we've all seen, not a sprinter. In that case, Niasse is more suitable but Cenk can be way better in a team which is able to organise its attacking movements. He used to do link-up plays with Babel (AML) - Quaresma (AMR) and Oguzhan Ozyakup (MC-AMC) at Besiktas and it boosted his skills. That's what made him a proper Champion's League striker. I am pretty sure he can do the same with Siggy - Walcott and a proper left wing at Everton as well.

For example, today we were discussing his performance at Everton with the friends and what we thought, if he was playing at Chelsea he would have buried all the sitters that Morata wasted. The conversation was running over this video;

I think with a proper manager, he'll be good enough for now. I don't think his confidence is superb at the moment because he tried to adapt himself to Sam's goof-ball tactic and couldn't make the impact he desired. I can tell, he was trying to be optimistic since the last game of the season but if you guys can recall his reacting after the substitution, that shows it all. He lost confidence and was angry at himself, which is good. Because he is always up to challenges. He proved himself as a 2nd striker behind Demba Ba, Mario Gomez and Vincent Aboubakar and earned his place as a starter. All in all, he is a typical advanced forward and Niasse is more Poacher/Target Man kind of striker.

Well, I don't think he is the striker that can take Everton to the next level. He is not skilled enough to carry Everton for a top 4 challenge but a good striker to aim for the top half. If there is a better striker, of course, Everton can sign him. It'll be a new challenge for him and motivate him to do better as a 2nd striker.

SPOT ON.

16 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

Good appraisal we did see in a couple of games before Gylfi's injury that they were forming a good understanding with each other, I'd like to see Lookman, Gylfi and Walcott with Tosun.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Tosun seems a very good finisher to me. In another team with chances he would have scored a hatful... anyone can see that.

These we not the dro.... 

Its not a striker we’re looking for. It’s creators. 

Exactly right, Shukes.

Lukaku didn't offer much more than finishing ability(albeit world class finishing), but if he had a chance he put it away.

I think Tosun is the same way. He's not as athletic as Lukaku, but give him a chance in the box, and it's going in. 

• 1 month later...

For what we'd recoup on him and what we'd outlay for what's likely to be a player playing second fiddle to Tosun it's a no brainer to keep hold of him this season 

I couldn't wait to see the back of the lad at one point but fair play he cracked on works his bollocks off is a nuisance to defences and scored some vital goals 

On 19/07/2018 at 18:37, Btay said:

He’s not as bad as you make out. Easily capable of 10 goals a season, coming on from the bench 

Undoubtedly can be a menace and score some goals, but completely ruins any fluidity in the team around him. Terrible touch, can't pass or link up with other attackers, and can't really hold up the ball. 

See I hear this all the time, but then i watch him and see him control a ball on his chest under pressure, get the ball under control and pass it on, your r put it away.

He has he occasional brain fart, but so did Didier Drogba... usually before he hit a 30 yard volley. 

I sometimes wander if people actually watch him or just jump on the easy bandwagon.