IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

15 minutes ago, barryj said:

Whose in his fan club? I’d be interested to know as I don’t think there are many if any who think he’s good enough for us. 

I imagine he’s turned down the move as it’s not as financially beneficial to him. I don’t like that but you have to be naive if you think players (who have no link before they play for us) to put Everton before themselves. It’s frustrating but as I’ve said before if we were diligent we wouldn’t of bought him in the first place. Also he has been on loan before so it’s purely financial one would assume. 

I don't believe finances play any part in his decision. He's under a contract and it's an agreement between the two clubs how his wages will be paid out, but at the end he will get what's in his contract, no more no less. Thinking about it, he's not going to set the Championship on fire. He's free in 5 months time, I believe he's happy to see out his contract while keeping himself in shape using our better facilities without the risk getting an injury, so that when he leaves in the summer a few clubs will approach him on trial and someone will sign him eventually. Smart decision.

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

I don't believe finances play any part in his decision. He's under a contract and it's an agreement between the two clubs how his wages will be paid out, but at the end he will get what's in his contract, no more no less. Thinking about it, he's not going to set the Championship on fire. He's free in 5 months time, I believe he's happy to see out his contract while keeping himself in shape using our better facilities without the risk getting an injury, so that when he leaves in the summer a few clubs will approach him on trial and someone will sign him eventually. Smart decision.

Exactly and exactly what I’d do. 

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

That’s my point.

20 hours ago, Haiku said:

If he wants to play in the Premier League so much - go to Leeds or Forest (who are the rumoured clubs interested) and actually earn a right to play there by helping them to get promotion. He’d no doubt earn himself a contract if his goals helped them achieve promotion.

16 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

There was one point late on he had a chance to break away and his touch was fucking hopeless and ruined it. All the lads in the away end started laughing. With the way the premier league has changed with the money players are paid he is one of the worst players I’ve seen in a blue shirt

Hes that fucking useless I’d rather have had Simms on the bench. I see no valid reason to have him in a match day squad. It embarrasses me hugely. I felt less embarrassment watching Straq turn out for us. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Hes that fucking useless I’d rather have had Simms on the bench. I see no valid reason to have him in a match day squad. It embarrasses me hugely. I felt less embarrassment watching Straq turn out for us. 

Ah the count! Memories. I think niasse is another of George Weahs cousins. No wonder we can’t get rid to anyone 

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

as you've already said romey his fan club on here will complain how we've done him wrong (given him millions) and how he's right to not go on loan.  FFS i will have a drink to celebrate this boat anchor being gone this summer

I don’t think anyone on her will be sorry to see Niasse go at the end of the season, even his most ardent supporters; he shouldn’t have been signed and wasn’t good enough. He wasn’t done wrong by the club, but he was appallingly treated by Koeman. In spite of that he has always given 100% to Everton no matter his circumstances. He could have sulked or gone on strike, instead he only ever buckled down and when called upon scored more goals than many expected him to. I thank and respect him for that.

4 minutes ago, badaids said:

I don’t think anyone on her will be sorry to see Niasse go at the end of the season, even his most ardent supporters; he shouldn’t have been signed and wasn’t good enough. He wasn’t done wrong by the club, but he was appallingly treated by Koeman. In spite of that he has always given 100% to Everton no matter his circumstances. He could have sulked or gone on strike, instead he only ever buckled down and when called upon scored more goals than many expected him to. I thank and respect him for that.

he could have gone on loan all year and taken his large wages off our books, he did not, he doesn't get any thanks from me, he was paid handsomely, more than he should have been.

1 hour ago, badaids said:

He’d have been as much use on strike as he is as a striker. 

Just because it's Everton doesn't make it any different to the Gareth Bale situation for me. It's not Niasse's fault that we put him on a bumper contract, if I were in the same boat at another club I'd do the same.

He's not going to get the same money elsewhere so is taking what he is owed from his employer, exactly what anyone else would do in his situation. Not every footballer bleeds for Everton and will bend over backwards for the club (especially after how he was treated by Koeman). You can't blame him for sitting in the reserves earning double the money he would get elsewhere in what is a notoriously short career. 

The frustrations should be taken out on whoever scouted and approved the signing of Oumar as he was never good enough and hasn't looked Premier League quality since day one. I'll always respect him for putting in 110% each week but Russian football is probably his level. 

7 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Just because it's Everton doesn't make it any different to the Gareth Bale situation for me. It's not Niasse's fault that we put him on a bumper contract, if I were in the same boat at another club I'd do the same.

He's not going to get the same money elsewhere so is taking what he is owed from his employer, exactly what anyone else would do in his situation. Not every footballer bleeds for Everton and will bend over backwards for the club (especially after how he was treated by Koeman). You can't blame him for sitting in the reserves earning double the money he would get elsewhere in what is a notoriously short career. 

The frustrations should be taken out on whoever scouted and approved the signing of Oumar as he was never good enough and hasn't looked Premier League quality since day one. I'll always respect him for putting in 110% each week but Russian football is probably his level. 

What utter bollocks. Going out on loan would mean he’d get the same wage. 

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

What utter bollocks. Going out on loan would mean he’d get the same wage. 

Not unless we agreed to pay it all (not guaranteed) or the other side took over (not going to happen). If he’s been asked to take less, he has every right to see out his contract and be a free agent in the summer. 

18 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Why up stick your life for 5 months in a hotel when you can train with your mates and then take whatever best suits you come the Summer? 

Add to that we've hit very little options up front so he might even fancy his chances of a few minutes at us. 

I don’t get this hatred towards him to be honest. How many of us would get offered a demotion and take it smiling?

Here mate, I’m gonna send you to a shit part of the country doing a lesser job, hope you like it. There will be a bunch of strangers with you though.

Would be funny If he accepted a loan away from the premier league now though. A few people on TT would look pretty foolish.

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Add to this, the celebrated manager who’s been looking at him for a few weeks now...... picked him for the squad and put him on the pitch.

we literally have no one else, everyone is injured.  when richarlison is fit and iwobi he will go back to u23.   so your demotion bit makes no sense because he has continually been demoted to the u23 and will be there the rest of the year.  instead he could put himself in the shop window and hope to bag a couple to get another contract in england or maybe back to russia.  as is, i think he will be playing in a pub league when his contract expires.

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I won't knock the lad, he tried. But in your short pro career surely it is better to be playing competitive football in as higher league as possible and maybe improving your football?

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

we literally have no one else, everyone is injured.  when richarlison is fit and iwobi he will go back to u23.   so your demotion bit makes no sense because he has continually been demoted to the u23 and will be there the rest of the year.  instead he could put himself in the shop window and hope to bag a couple to get another contract in england or maybe back to russia.  as is, i think he will be playing in a pub league when his contract expires.

It makes complete sense. You might not agree, but it makes sense. He is looking at a team that has DCL and a kid who had t scored before tonight. 
Richarlison is our other striker. 

Surely you would be looking at that situation and think, one injury and I’m back in with a chance to prove myself. 

Bang, look what’s happened. Richarlison gets injured and he’s back on the bench. 

Im not saying he is good enough. But his ability is what he is stuck with. He can only play to that ability. 

10 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

His ability is a known quantity. It isn't there. We might as well have kept hold of Tosun if that was the case and we were concerned about injury. We should definitely have put a u23 into the squad instead. Niasse has proved time and again that he just isn't capable. Might as well stick Michael Keane up front

Don’t disagree. But we didn’t. And he isn’t the manager.