IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

15 hours ago, pete0 said:

It's a fact Fergie wanted Cahill. 

Kane is your opinion. My opinion of him is he's bang average at best. I'd target play DCL than him, and he's not even scored a league goal this campaign. 

Dude. Kane has averaged better than 1 in 2 over the past three years and he basically averaged a goal a match last year.... 

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think that opinion of yours has shown up how deluded you are Pete, DCL will probably become a half decent player but at the moment he's nowhere in the same street as Kane. Even on the same planet at the mo.

Apparently goals don't matter. 

www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2017/2018/dominic_calvert-lewin/819/819/22275/0/p|premier_league/2017/2018/harry_kane/819/819/856/47/p#key_passes/pass_completion/assists/chances_created/successful_take_ons/successful_take_ons_%/aerial_duels_won/aerial_duels_won_%#90

56 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Yes and then it's normally in the net, same as Lukaku what do you want from a striker, must agree with Bill DCL isn't in their league yet.

I want him to score goals, set them up, and save a few shots at our end.

he can run the line when subbed as well.

16 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Both top strikers but Kane is the more rounded of the two with a better work rate and attitude to boot 

Do you genuinely not rate him Pete or just don't think he's as good as some think? Personally I think the lads a class act a throwback striker who has that modern game edge 

Do you think Kane would have got as many goals for us last season?

He got 2 for his previous club Leicester in the championship. 

32 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Give me the choice of any type of striker..... Suarez.

Simply brilliant virtually in every regard bar temperament.

Works the defensive line, holds it up, brilliant dribbler, creative like a 10, finishes like a 9.

and his temperament is why I would never have him. A footballing genius but his approach is not honest or for the club he plays for 

9 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Do you think Kane would have got as many goals for us last season?

He got 2 for his previous club Leicester in the championship. 

Anyone's guess mate who knows.... 

I think he's probably one of the fastest developing players I've seen in recent years though 

I watched the England under 21's a fair bit back and I couldn't believe how shite he was I thought there's no way the lad should have been playing at that level... It's why I'm not a scout 

He's not everyone's cup of tea I get that but I do think the lads quality now 

13 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Anyone's guess mate who knows.... 

I think he's probably one of the fastest developing players I've seen in recent years though 

I watched the England under 21's a fair bit back and I couldn't believe how shite he was I thought there's no way the lad should have been playing at that level... It's why I'm not a scout 

He's not everyone's cup of tea I get that but I do think the lads quality now 

The simple fact is that many many fans had him down as shite.

I didnt rate him at first but watched him closely about 4 years ago.... his technical side was solid enough but what impressed me was he was like a machine... his attitude was so good. Every time I watched him it was like he was learning everything that the game threw at him. 

Big difference between him and lukaku lies between the ears and in the heart.... 

Kane will do what Christiano ronaldo achieved through sheer hard work and attitude. 

On 27/10/2017 at 15:00, Matt said:

Bit ungrateful considering he's our second highest contributor to goals. 

The lad may not be great, but he's effective. Unfortunately, like Robles et al, he was signed by Martinez so people's views are tainted further. 

Matt- he can’t even control a football- he’s an awful footballer. He’s not good enough.

Niasse had one pivotal moment in the game. Rooney played a sublime cross to him on the back post. He needed to control in an instant and get his shot off.

The control was shocking and that answered everything for me.

I'm becoming really pissed off with everyones perception of this guy. 'plucky little striker, doesn't have the killer instinct but tries and gets in the opposition faces'

We've come to accept a really shit footballer to pick up a really decent wage just because his attitude is good. His attitude doesn't get him 20 goals a season

This is a professional footballer we are talking about. I've seen better semi pro strikers who have natural ability. But it's ok he'll come out in an interview next week about how much he loves the club and he'll get a free pass again.

54 minutes ago, yamar said:

Niasse had one pivotal moment in the game. Rooney played a sublime cross to him on the back post. He needed to control in an instant and get his shot off.

The control was shocking and that answered everything for me.

I'm becoming really pissed off with everyones perception of this guy. 'plucky little striker, doesn't have the killer instinct but tries and gets in the opposition faces'

We've come to accept a really shit footballer to pick up a really decent wage just because his attitude is good. His attitude doesn't get him 20 goals a season

This is a professional footballer we are talking about. I've seen better semi pro strikers who have natural ability. But it's ok he'll come out in an interview next week about how much he loves the club and he'll get a free pass again.

This. Love his effort, but he's a Straq with pace. Not good enough.

Same goes for Unsworth, I don't know if he is going to be a great manager or a horrid one, but just because he's a blue and knows how to play lip service to the fans and the club doesn't mean he's the right man to manage the club (or good enough). He has a few really good press conferences, and people want to anoint him the next Mourinho.

Just because a footballer has a high work rate and gives a lot of effort doesn't mean he's good enough for us, as the same goes for a manager who loves the club. 

We’re not accepting it mate. It’s just all we Have at the moment. I would rather him come on and make something than sit him in the bench as us not create anything.

we can’t but until January. That’s when we need to replace him, but until then we have to play players that make a difference. And he is making a difference when he comes on. Sad, but it’s what we have.

lookinf at the U23s we don’t even have anyone there who looks anywhere near making an impact up top.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

lookinf at the U23s we don’t even have anyone there who looks anywhere near making an impact up top.

Because it's hard to be good at what strikers need to do. It takes time, it takes experience. And then we went and let our very own striker very much on the upward curve of this journey without bothering to get someone else of a similar level in, and then expected to be fucking fine!

We were never going to get someone exactly like Lukaku, and no one expected us to. I think we all thought we'd get someone who could do the same sort of things as him, and score us goals though. 

I understand aren't saying you expected us to be fine or anything, your post just caused me to go off on a tangent on this fine Monday morning :lol:  

lets look at this another way....

Lets say we sold Jordan Pickford for £50m.... and we spent the money on 3 attacking midfielders - would we be spending our time on here criticising Joel Robles or Stek if the defence in front of them were leaking goals due to poor perfromances?

But DCL and Niasse are getting pelters - neither have been supplied with an abundance of chances from our midfield as it is.  Talk about feeding on scraps

Certainly - once we are in a situation where we are able to blame Niasse and DCL then I would be happier because it would at least mean we are creating things - but we just simply aren't. 

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

lets look at this another way....

Lets say we sold Jordan Pickford for £50m.... and we spent the money on 3 attacking midfielders - would we be spending our time on here criticising Joel Robles or Stek if the defence in front of them were leaking goals due to poor perfromances?

But DCL and Niasse are getting pelters - neither have been supplied with an abundance of chances from our midfield as it is.  Talk about feeding on scraps

Certainly - once we are in a situation where we are able to blame Niasse and DCL then I would be happier because it would at least mean we are creating things - but we just simply aren't. 

That happened soooo much :lol: