IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

lets put the cart before the horse eh lads.....

Niasse is valuable to the team right now because the only credible way a striker is gonna get service for us is by forcing a mistake from the opposition.  Niasse has scored a few goals by actually being a player who dispossess the opponents - not from great service. fancy that eh.

The defence and midfield is an absolute mess but here we are posting away pinning our failure on a player who is far from the problem. 

Schneiderlin, Gueye, Baines, Williams, our 2 right backs, Kallssen have all bee woeful.... absoilutely woeful.  I blame koeman for the majority but he's gone now - time for them to step up and be men and show courage - Niasse certainly is.

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

lets put the cart before the horse eh lads.....

Niasse is valuable to the team right now because the only credible way a striker is gonna get service for us is by forcing a mistake from the opposition.  Niasse has scored a few goals by actually being a player who dispossess the opponents - not from great service. fancy that eh.

The defence and midfield is an absolute mess but here we are posting away pinning our failure on a player who is far from the problem. 

Schneiderlin, Gueye, Baines, Williams, our 2 right backs, Kallssen have all bee woeful.... absoilutely woeful.  I blame koeman for the majority but he's gone now - time for them to step up and be men and show courage - Niasse certainly is.

He’s part of the problem because he isn’t good enough- nothing more nothing less- I find it astonishing you call Lukaku out on his control and touch when Niasse is just as bad if not worse but he gets a pass because he runs- 1 scores goals the other doesn’t- that’s the problem.

Lukaku doesn’t play for us though Pad. We can’t deop Niasse and pick Lukaku.

Niaase is the best player we have in that position at the moment. DCL is a target/hold up type player, while Sandro looks like he needs more time to adjust. Rooney isn’t fit or fast enough to play up top anymore, while Mirralas only plays for a half every three matches.

im really not sure who else we can turn to for goals? I don’t think anyone thinks Niasse is the answer, but rather they recognise that he is a goal threat, and he is doing the Everton thing.

when things are not going your way, you put the effort in and forcibly change your fortunes. This is what Niasse is trying to do and more of our senior staff need to take note and follow suite.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

He’s part of the problem because he isn’t good enough- nothing more nothing less- I find it astonishing you call Lukaku out on his control and touch when Niasse is just as bad if not worse but he gets a pass because he runs- 1 scores goals the other doesn’t- that’s the problem.

yeah - both players have a poor touch (watched Lukaku last night for United - poor again) - nothing astonishing about it.... I think I've said a few times that Niasse lacks quality - do I need to say it again?  Niasse lacks quality. 

At least we can console ourselves with the fact that Niasse seems to care and works for the team..... he scored 2 goals this season as a direct result of him tackling the opposition - ever seen lukaku do that?  no me neither.  At this moment in time the team needs character - you reckon Lukaku would be busting a gut for the cause? Hardly the type of player you want in the trenches when chances are hard to come by and the team is struggling - as we've seen against the top teams. 

57 minutes ago, hafnia said:

yeah - both players have a poor touch (watched Lukaku last night for United - poor again) - nothing astonishing about it.... I think I've said a few times that Niasse lacks quality - do I need to say it again?  Niasse lacks quality. 

At least we can console ourselves with the fact that Niasse seems to care and works for the team..... he scored 2 goals this season as a direct result of him tackling the opposition - ever seen lukaku do that?  no me neither.  At this moment in time the team needs character - you reckon Lukaku would be busting a gut for the cause? Hardly the type of player you want in the trenches when chances are hard to come by and the team is struggling - as we've seen against the top teams. 

Who’s arsed I f they care as long as they score goals?? Yes it would be great if they cared AND scored but it’s not likely to happen. Point ai’m making is why do you constantly bleat on about how shit Lukakus touch is yet give Niasse a complete free pass other than the comment that he lacks ability. So what you’re saying is it’s acceptable to lack ability as long as you care? Because if it is then I may aswell play. At least Lukaku scores goals- Niasse does neither. I honestly don’t understand how such an intelligent fella can be so single minded over something.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Who’s arsed I f they care as long as they score goals?? Yes it would be great if they cared AND scored but it’s not likely to happen. Point ai’m making is why do you constantly bleat on about how shit Lukakus touch is yet give Niasse a complete free pass other than the comment that he lacks ability. So what you’re saying is it’s acceptable to lack ability as long as you care? Because if it is then I may aswell play. At least Lukaku scores goals- Niasse does neither. I honestly don’t understand how such an intelligent fella can be so single minded over something.

I do believe the issue with lukaku was poor footballing quality aligned with lack of effort.... an irritating combination.

It's bad enough watching someone like berbatov with an awesome touch be such a lazy bastard.

Niasse is not the answer but it's ok to criticise him for having a poor touch because he's the last to get picked in the school yard... I was ridiculed for even criticising lukaku for a poor touch, movement and laziness.. 5 years later many United fans are getting irritated by the very same things. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I do believe the issue with lukaku was poor footballing quality aligned with lack of effort.... an irritating combination.

It's bad enough watching someone like berbatov with an awesome touch be such a lazy bastard.

Niasse is not the answer but it's ok to criticise him for having a poor touch because he's the last to get picked in the school yard... I was ridiculed for even criticising lukaku for a poor touch, movement and laziness.. 5 years later many United fans are getting irritated by the very same things. 

So what you’re saying is you’d prefer a striker with a shit touch who tries rather than a striker with a shit touch who scores?

43 minutes ago, Paddock said:

So what you’re saying is you’d prefer a striker with a shit touch who tries rather than a striker with a shit touch who scores?

NO. What I'm saying (as I roll up the previous posts and recap them for you)

Is niasse lacks quality, fortunately given our current predicament he is one of only a few players with the courage and effort to SHOW the supposed superstars the type of application we need to get out of this situation. Of which one of these would be lukaku if he was here.

In an ideal world Everton would have a team that could carry a work shy striker with a poor first touch but a lethal ability to finish.  Only man city has that team and would still likely leave him on the bench as an impact sub. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

NO. What I'm saying (as I roll up the previous posts and recap them for you)

Is niasse lacks quality, fortunately given our current predicament he is one of only a few players with the courage and effort to SHOW the supposed superstars the type of application we need to get out of this situation. Of which one of these would be lukaku if he was here.

In an ideal world Everton would have a team that could carry a work shy striker with a poor first touch but a lethal ability to finish.  Only man city has that team and would still likely leave him on the bench as an impact sub. 

But you have no proof that with Lukaku we wouldn’t be a completely different animal- we are toothless not just because of our midfield but because our strikers are fucking shite. Whether you like it or not, whether he goes missing at times and whether he can’t trap a bag of cement or not, Lukaku would score goals for us. I know you can’t accept it but he would and we miss him terribly. We also miss Barkley- I never thought we would but we do.

Just now, Paddock said:

But you have no proof that with Lukaku we wouldn’t be a completely different animal- we are toothless not just because of our midfield but because are strikers are fucking shite. Whether you like it or not, whether he goes missing at times and whether he can’t trap a bag of cement or not, Lukaku would score goals for us. I know you can’t accept it but he would and we miss him terribly. We also miss Barkley- I never thought we would but we do.

And somehow you do have proof that we would be a different animal with him?

Can't have it both ways.

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

And somehow you do have proof that we would be a different animal with him?

Can't have it both ways.

But I have proof that he scores goals wherever he goes whoever he plays for- that’s enough to tell me he’d score for us this season. Niasse and DCL have no track records at this level hence us being toothless.

you’re the only person on the planet who thinks we are better off without Lukaku.

21 minutes ago, Paddock said:

But I have proof that he scores goals wherever he goes whoever he plays for- that’s enough to tell me he’d score for us this season. Niasse and DCL have no track records at this level hence us being toothless.

you’re the only person on the planet who thinks we are better off without Lukaku.

I have proof that he hasn't scored in the last 6 games for a side littered with quality.... I have proof that when he plays against better sides he struggles

Why would he have scored for a side playing absolutely shite who aren't creating? Where nearly every side we play is better?  He wouldnt.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I have proof that he hasn't scored in the last 6 games for a side littered with quality.... I have proof that when he plays against better sides he struggles

Why would he have scored for a side playing absolutely shite who aren't creating? Where nearly every side we play is better?  He wouldnt.

In comparison to who? 

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

In comparison to who? 

how does VARDY sound from a goal stats perspective? 5 in 36 vs 19 in.37.... almost 4 times better.

And how does practically every single pundit when they watch him flounder against the better sides.... when he doesnt score his impact is so much less.

Back to niasse.... 

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

how does VARDY sound from a goal stats perspective? 5 in 36 vs 19 in.37.... almost 4 times better.

And how does practically every single pundit when they watch him flounder against the better sides.... when he doesnt score his impact is so much less.

Back to niasse.... 

One player, in a team that plays to his strengths. Just so happens they work most effectively against the top teams who attack so are more likely to be caught in the counter. 

38 minutes ago, pete0 said:

One player, in a team that plays to his strengths. Just so happens they work most effectively against the top teams who attack so are more likely to be caught in the counter. 

If we played to Niasse's strengths, he'd score more. If we played to DC-L's strengths, he'd score more. That's the problem: Our midfield is a mess and playing to no-one's strengths. As a result, goals come from sheer effort and commitment right now, and the person showing the most of that is Niasse (with DC-L a close second). Niasse's goal against Arsenal was a joke, but it was the result of Niasse going for every single ball. The point Haf is making, which is valid, is that Lukaku would never have challenged Cech in the first place.

10 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

If we played to Niasse's strengths, he'd score more. If we played to DC-L's strengths, he'd score more. That's the problem: Our midfield is a mess and playing to no-one's strengths. As a result, goals come from sheer effort and commitment right now, and the person showing the most of that is Niasse (with DC-L a close second). Niasse's goal against Arsenal was a joke, but it was the result of Niasse going for every single ball. The point Haf is making, which is valid, is that Lukaku would never have challenged Cech in the first place.

He managed 25 goals with not much better service. Haf is rewriting history in other threads about Barkley and how we miss him. Sick of his bullshit and lies.

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

He managed 25 goals with not much better service. Haf is rewriting history in other threads about Barkley and how we miss him. Sick of his bullshit and lies.

Lol Sick of my bullshit and lies? Explain where I lie?

I back most things up with stats..... been 5 years and my quibbles about lukaku are still as relevant as ever and I'm prepared to put tangible reasons behind them....

You just keep on with the "wouldn't buy Harry Kane for £10m bollocks".... that Steven Gerrard was shit etc. 

You create bullshit to justify ridiculous left side opinions. 

You are like one of these music buffs who try and make out they know more about music by saying something like "the Beatles were shit, Jonny and the dust bins.... a little known band from telford were much better"

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

Lol Sick of my bullshit and lies? Explain where I lie?

I back most things up with stats..... been 5 years and my quibbles about lukaku are still as relevant as ever and I'm prepared to put tangible reasons behind them....

You just keep on with the "wouldn't buy Harry Kane for £10m bollocks".... that Steven Gerrard was shit etc. 

You create bullshit to justify ridiculous left side opinions. 

You are like one of these music buffs who try and make out they know more about music by saying something like "the Beatles were shit, Jonny and the dust bins.... a little known band from telford were much better"

My opinions are back with credibil statistics or logic. You make claims as fact. Barkley was rubbish last season bar a purple patch when he was moved to the right. 

Your claim Lukaku does nothing against the top teams has already been proven to be bollocks on here. In comparison to the rest of the strikers against them he's no worse. 

You lied about asking your mate about Cahill. I'll not bother making a list, it'll only fall on deaf ears.