IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

i can't see the likes arsenal playing a high intensity fast paced more direct style of football. they are the epidomy of english tiki taka for me. Low would shed a lot of those players as well, they aren't a physical team. Bit like Klopp with Liverpool, the current style and his style are drastically different and players as well.

and Everton where the equivalent of boring defensive hoofball before Martinez joined. Managers change teams. That's essentially what they're brought in to do!

Guest rusty747

I know this might be seen as a contentious shout but the more I listen to Glenn Hoddle, the more I think he would be good for our current squad. His approach combines the best attributes of Martinez but he also knows, and appreciates the need to coach, how to defend.

I know this might be seen as a contentious shout but the more I listen to Glenn Hoddle, the more I think he would be good for our current squad. His approach combines the best attributes of Martinez but he also knows, and appreciates the need to coach, how to defend.

He talks a good game, but his managerial record was average, and that's being kind. He never won a thing (one promotion play-off aside).

Guest rusty747

Agreed, but he did a fair job as England coach. I think he might relish the opportunity and this current Everton squad would be perfect for him.

I like Glenn hoddle. Football genius. Hopefully learned his lessons.

As a player no doubt, pretty good pundit also. No evidence whatsoever that he could be a decent manager.

Don't believe people are suggesting we employ someone who's not coached at the top level for ten years based on what they hear him say on the TV.

If Martinez does go he would be a very good replacement. My only concern would be that some of his signings, especially the defensive ones have been poor, although what control he had regarding signings I don't know.

As said in another thread he's not been the man to bring the players in apparently like most "big" clubs they have others do their bidding in that department

He must have some say mind but either way I'd be very happy with him here

If Martinez does go he would be a very good replacement. My only concern would be that some of his signings, especially the defensive ones have been poor, although what control he had regarding signings I don't know.

Txiti bergistain (spelling?) is the man city sporting director and bought and buys all their players, pelligrini didn't get a choice. Same with Real Madrid and he complained about that when he was let go. Said he needed an orchestra and they gave him too many guitarist and no piano player. Said he can't turn guitarist into pianist. Very true still to this day with Kroos being expected to be a DCM when he doesn't fancy a tackle more of a creator.

He bought Diego godin, Nacho Monreal when at Malag and Villarreal who were nobodies and are solid players now. Also got that goalie Diego Lopez.

He was a defender himself so I would hope he has a good eye defensively.

In the rumours section. Highly likely it's completely bollocks, though. It would make sense, tho, Pellegrini wants to stay in the PL as long as there's an interesting project on offer and how many teams are possibilities?

agreed plus we are a great project. the likes of barkley stones lukaku besic gerry would be attractive to a manager. would love to see how he's able to work with ross, did really nice things with cazorla.

As a player no doubt, pretty good pundit also. No evidence whatsoever that he could be a decent manager.

Don't believe people are suggesting we employ someone who's not coached at the top level for ten years based on what they hear him say on the TV.

Gary Neville in his biography says about Hoddle: 'his man management skills did not match his coaching skills'. He also had some weird ideas like introducing that faith healer, Eileen Drewery, and encouraging players to attend 'sessions' with her.

Some years ago he bought a house which backs onto our golf course at Sonning. He applied for membership and said he required immediate membership. As there was a 3 year waiting list our Secretary wrote to him and said he would add his name to the end of the list. We never heard any more. Don't know if he still lives there.

Txiti bergistain (spelling?) is the man city sporting director and bought and buys all their players, pelligrini didn't get a choice. Same with Real Madrid and he complained about that when he was let go. Said he needed an orchestra and they gave him too many guitarist and no piano player. Said he can't turn guitarist into pianist. Very true still to this day with Kroos being expected to be a DCM when he doesn't fancy a tackle more of a creator.

He bought Diego godin, Nacho Monreal when at Malag and Villarreal who were nobodies and are solid players now. Also got that goalie Diego Lopez.

He was a defender himself so I would hope he has a good eye defensively.

That's interesting I figured he would have had at least some say, especially at City.

Emerys win ratio has never dropped under 46% at any of the clubs he's managed. Which suggests he's a top top manager. I think he's a really good shout but not sure he'd come here?

Don't know, but worth a try. Would get a substantial pay rise and chance to manage in the prem with a good squad to build on. Not TOO far fetched.