IGNORED

Newcastle (Home) Wednesday February 3

markjazzbassist

Said it before but Europe potentially goes down to seventh place so we're possibly only five points off it; far too early to give up on it. If we were in second place five points off the lead would you say the title was gone?

Make that two points, we have no chance of making that up obviously. Far too big a gap.

Decent enough performance. I just hope this settles the nerves at Goodison for both the players and fans. Then the element of aggro will go and we can go back to Goodison being a feared place.

We controlled most of the game...still some defensive moments that I shit myself at...striker running between our defenders, ball over the top with Jags struggling, Mori had some of his 'special' moments....but there's much more to be pleased about.

Barkley was mostly great...if frustrating at times with his need for extra touches. Lennon, Cleverly and McCarthy were all solid and full of energy.

And a clean sheet!! Oh my oh my oh my!! Clean sheets tonight baby!!!

Flattering score line but I don't really care.

Kone and Cleverly both passengers. Thought Barkley was great in patches tonight. Other times he held onto the ball too long.

Clean sheet and 3 points plus a nice cheeky bet came in.

Let's hope our new lad can start against Stoke if Rom isnt available .

It was flattering to Newcastle I agree.

Flattering score line but I don't really care.

Kone and Cleverly both passengers. Thought Barkley was great in patches tonight. Other times he held onto the ball too long.

Clean sheet and 3 points plus a nice cheeky bet came in.

Let's hope our new lad can start against Stoke if Rom isnt available .

Cleverley was excellent.

Lads lads lads...just for once...let's leave all the 'we should have'...'could have'...'didn't deserve'...stuff to one side and enjoy a pretty faultless 3-0 win, clean sheet, home victory, 3 points, a cheeky very rare dinked penalty, some sublime individual performances.

Bollocks to what the opposition did or didn't do.

It's all about Everton.

Jebus, I hope Kone gets a move away this summer and finishes off his career in peace, knives out for that guy since day one.

Go to bed you miserable bastards :P

Can only comment on what we see. Stolen a wage for the best part of 2.5 years. Thought he was going to show some actual footballing ability after he scored a few over a short period a couple of months back, but that fell away as fast as it arrived.

Some player's critism (Barkley) is harsh or unjust (as a result of frustration) but he's (Kone) been a waste of wages for the most part.

Edited by Lowensda

Lads lads lads...just for once...let's leave all the 'we should have'...'could have'...'didn't deserve'...stuff to one side and enjoy a pretty faultless 3-0 win, clean sheet, home victory, 3 points, a cheeky very rare dinked penalty, some sublime individual performances.

Bollocks to what the opposition did or didn't do.

It's all about Everton.

amen.

Can only comment on what we see. Stolen a wage for the best part of 2.5 years. Thought he was going to show some actual footballing ability after he scored a few over a short period a couple of months back, but that fell away as fast as it arrived.

Some player's critism (Barkley) is harsh or unjust (as a result of frustration) but he's (Kone) been a waste of wages for the most part.

Stolen a wage??? Ffs. Leave it out.

VDM, Darron Gibson, mcgeady, fair enough.

The lad had a career ender and worked his balls back to get fit. Apart from recently he's done very well.

Edited by Hafnia

Strange game really. The atmosphere was extremely flat - when we scored the first it was almost like we just went "yay" and that was it. Our play was also very flat in patches and then we'd spark into life and look devastating.

Also, Kone... My god I hope this Niasse is good to rel gate him to third choice striker.

Barkley was mostly great...if frustrating at times with his need for extra touches. Lennon, Cleverly and McCarthy were all solid and full of energy.

Barkley is so much better when he doesn't try to dribble the ball into the net. Powerful shot, too often not there because he's too clever by half -- literally. He could have more goals this season, and Everton a few more points.

Agree about energy from Cleverley, Lennon, McCarthy. I thought Oviedo played very well, too, including perfect pass into Barkley when Barkley hit the crossbar off Elliott's save. Barry mostly solid.

Kone missed 2 very good chances. Not Funes Mori's best game. Just heard Stones has slight hamstring.

Stolen a wage??? Ffs. Leave it out.

VDM, Darron Gibson, mcgeady, fair enough.

The lad had a career ender and worked his balls back to get fit. Apart from recently he's done very well.

For the best part of a month, I'll give you that. But 2 years he was injured, so he hasn't been able to perform his duties (granted) but he's still been paid during that time.

His primary function is to score. He must be trying not to because the chances are harder to miss.